Can Messi be stopped?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 02 Nov 2007, 01:10

erick wrote:he is a cheater like maradona. he doesnt have the body and he weak
Unfortunalty cheating has and always will be apart of the game. Defenders trash talk and play very physical to try and make attackers lose concentration and attackers dive hoping to get a call in their favor. It will always be like that because it always has been like that. Football or any other sport requires having an edge on the opponent (besides with skill) and thats how football players get an edge.
sig by 2brown347

erick_back
Sophomore Member

Post by erick_back » 17 Nov 2007, 17:06

i play the game like is supposed to be played fair and players that dont play that game are not good players.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 18 Nov 2007, 15:11

erick_back wrote:i play the game like is supposed to be played fair and players that dont play that game are not good players.
messi isn`t that much of a cheater, you just don`t like him cuz we are a better footballing nation than Mexico

Clumsylegs
Veteran Member

Post by Clumsylegs » 18 Nov 2007, 15:54

erick_back wrote:i play the game like is supposed to be played fair and players that dont play that game are not good players.
Hey, didn't you say that C.Ronaldo is one of your favorite players?

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 18 Nov 2007, 16:15

Clumsylegs wrote:
Hey, didn't you say that C.Ronaldo is one of your favorite players?
haha, thats a bit hypocritical :roll:

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 20 Jan 2008, 07:31

Of course Messi can be stopped. All you need to do is get a good Outside back and keep him isolated at the wing and force him to pass into the center and have your Center backs intercept them and clear that sh*t. Or just play his puny ass physical by sticking someone like Terry or Gattuso on him and just keep battering him until he starts to whine and breakdown. Players can only take so much. You can knockem down a 100 times and they will get up a 101 so knock em down again. :twisted: And if you say that he is to quick and agile to be knocked down, wrong, in pro football it is about respect or no respect they either try to mark him the honorable way or they slide in hard trying to hurt him. Just get into his path and hip check. Hip checking with good technique is a good excuse and way to truck someone.

More or less if I were a pro defender and I had to mark Messi I would just keep on hip checking him, step on his feet, hack his ankles, and talk smash to him. On the field it's a war, there are no friends on the battlefield, but when it's over, shake hands and say good game.

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 21 Jan 2008, 22:57

Zlatan5 wrote:On the field it's a war, there are no friends on the battlefield, but when it's over, shake hands and say good game.
Have you ever thought of joining the army?
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 22 Jan 2008, 00:00

I've said it before, Messi will be stopped by the Maradonna syndrome, that is to say, he's already proven that he's a cheating, diving, lying scuntrag, so it's only a matter of time before he starts taking cocaine and eating Micky D's every day. He can't help it, it's in his blood.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 22 Jan 2008, 00:03

Hugh wrote:I've said it before, Messi will be stopped by the Maradonna syndrome, that is to say, he's already proven that he's a cheating, diving, lying scuntrag, so it's only a matter of time before he starts taking cocaine and eating Micky D's every day. He can't help it, it's in his blood.
i can see your love for the argentine!

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 22 Jan 2008, 00:34

Hugh wrote:I've said it before, Messi will be stopped by the Maradonna syndrome, that is to say, he's already proven that he's a cheating, diving, lying scuntrag, so it's only a matter of time before he starts taking cocaine and eating Micky D's every day. He can't help it, it's in his blood.
If thats not a stereotype i dont know what is... :wink:
sig by 2brown347

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 22 Jan 2008, 02:06

Davidson9 wrote:
hahaha dont ask man

i believe his and powell's hate for the argies goes much much deeper than just Messi

edit: prolly ratherton as well

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 22 Jan 2008, 02:14

shahensha wrote:
Davidson9 wrote:
hahaha dont ask man

i believe his and powell's hate for the argies goes much much deeper than just Messi

edit: prolly ratherton as well
well screw them then! haha just kidding

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Post by ForzaMilan » 22 Jan 2008, 02:18

You can add me to the list of people who hates Argentina(the football not the country).

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 22 Jan 2008, 02:18

ForzaMilan wrote:You can add me to the list of people who hates Argentina(the football not the country).
ok, keep hating on the argies, but i hate russian football!

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Post by ForzaMilan » 22 Jan 2008, 02:21

Davidson9 wrote:
ForzaMilan wrote:You can add me to the list of people who hates Argentina(the football not the country).
ok, keep hating on the argies, but i hate russian football!
Im Ukranian. Go ahead say Voronin sucks I could care less. :roll: