Can Messi be stopped?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 22 Mar 2010, 03:09

panchester07 wrote:
A question on a football playing level tho. It seems like he has sorted his injury problems out, anybody hav any ideas how he did that?

Would be useful to noe for our own footy performance
Doing rehab and physio-therapy?
Nah that's not it.. Was more wondering why Messi could overcome his injury problems but the real Ronaldo couldnt.. Im sure the real Ronaldo did physio too...

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 22 Mar 2010, 03:11

I was talking about players Panchester, which is what the club is saying.

to answer your question wanderer Messi had a spell of minor injuries at 20, the real ronaldo had a plague of major (career enders) injuries later on.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 22 Mar 2010, 03:26

Yeh one of my mate mentioned tho that had the real Ronaldo did the gym stuff and built up his body as much as the fake Ronaldo did, that he'd prob wouldnt hav those injuries.

So yeh was jz wondering whether lack of gym work was the main difference between them injuries, or whether the real Ronaldo was jz unlucky comparitively.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 22 Mar 2010, 03:31

Wanderer wrote:Yeh one of my mate mentioned tho that had the real Ronaldo did the gym stuff and built up his body as much as the fake Ronaldo did, that he'd prob wouldnt hav those injuries.

So yeh was jz wondering whether lack of gym work was the main difference between them injuries, or whether the real Ronaldo was jz unlucky comparitively.
I think he was just unlucky, there are thousands of players who don't do a near as much gym work as the real ronaldo and never have a injury like his, not to mention 2 of that injury.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 22 Mar 2010, 03:37

Ronaldo had a his first knee injury in 1999, when he was 23, after recovering he had another one at age 24, and then the recent one with Milan..

The difference? Weight, discipline, and size of injury..

Messi if I'm now mistkaen had tendinitis, which is just swollenness (is that a word) of the knee tendon(s).. Its never in the magnitude of Ronaldo's injuries.

Ronaldo, broke ligaments which is a chronical and a much more severe injury. The first one was pretty much unlucky, he was in full sprint and made a body feint and that was the end of his ACL. The second one was in the fist game he was coming back, probably he wasn't fully recovered, and maybe his knee wasn0't strong enough yet. But realize that after these two injuries, he won the world cup for Brazil, and then enjoyed one of his best prime moments with Real Madrid..The last one, was his own fault, because he was way overweight and thats just synonims of injuries.. For every 10 pounds of overweight, thats 60 pounds of pressure over the knee..

So I would say unlucky and irresponsible both, also that Messi was less severe.

EDIT: Ronaldo had injuries that end careers, serious ass horrific injuries. The one that he had in early 2001 was expected to leave him out of the WC.. Messi's injuries are like a small bruise next to Ronaldo's. Did Messi even get surgery? Ronalldo's knees was opened 3 times now.
Last edited by panchester07 on 22 Mar 2010, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 22 Mar 2010, 04:22

panchester07 wrote:Ronaldo had a his first knee injury in 1999, when he was 23, after recovering he had another one at age 24, and then the recent one with Milan..

Messi if I'm now mistkaen had tendinitis, which is just swollenness (is that a word) of the knee tendon(s).. Its never in the magnitude of Ronaldo's injuries.

Ronaldo, broke ligaments which is a chronical and a much more severe injury. The first one was pretty much unlucky, he was in full sprint and made a body feint and that was the end of his ACL. The second one was in the fist game he was coming back, probably he wasn't fully recovered, and maybe his knee wasn0't strong enough yet. But realize that after these two injuries, he won the world cup for Brazil, and then enjoyed one of his best prime moments with Real Madrid..The last one, was his own fault, because he was way overweight and thats just synonims of injuries.. For every 10 pounds of overweight, thats 60 pounds of pressure over the knee..

There are plenty of football and rugby players weighing well over 100lbs more that ronaldo and not blowing out their knees

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 22 Mar 2010, 04:25

2brown347 wrote:
panchester07 wrote:Ronaldo had a his first knee injury in 1999, when he was 23, after recovering he had another one at age 24, and then the recent one with Milan..

There are plenty of football and rugby players weighing well over 100lbs more that ronaldo and not blowing out their knees
I think I said OVERWEIGHT, or obese.You're body is designed to cope with a certain weight, which is 300 pounds for some people, and 160 for others. Ronaldo doesn't have the biotype to weigh what he weighted and weighs, therefore all the injuries. The first thing doctors recommend is strengthning, second is loosing any extra weight, knees and ankles are the joints that have to support all that extra weight and with all the direction changes at full speed if they aren't extremely strong, and have the right weight the bear they are gonna burst, its not a secret.

The knees and legs of those heavy people are designed to support that weight, Ronaldo's slim yet muscular legs, aren't designed to sustain a guy that weights 185 lbs and is running 20-25 km/h, and changing directions like that. Its just logic..

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 22 Mar 2010, 04:52

Just because someone spends tons of time working on their upper body doesn't mean they're better suited. 100lbs of fat or muscle is 100lbs still. I'm confident to say ronaldo probably had legs just as capible as theirs.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 22 Mar 2010, 04:59

2brown347 wrote:Just because someone spends tons of time working on their upper body doesn't mean they're better suited. 100lbs of fat or muscle is 100lbs still. I'm confident to say ronaldo probably had legs just as capible as theirs.
You are clearly misunderstanding me.

There are people born fat naturally. These people have bigger-thicker-denser-more muscular legs to support their upper body.

There are people born slim, they have skinnier legs because they don't need as much support.

When are person that is born slim, with slim legs starts gaining some weight, his articulations and joints are gonna suffer, specially when its a profesional athlete that goes through the intense training and playing that footballers do. Cappici? It couldn't be clearer.

And by the way:
100 lbs of fat will get you injured
100 lbs of muscle will get you strong, support your body the right way and prevent injuries

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 22 Mar 2010, 10:12

Ronaldo suffered a carear threatening injury, got back to playing then suffered another one. Very unfortunate and after this his body was never going to be the same again. I think messi's injury prone-ness came from his weak frame but he seems to be over that phase.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

soccerjj

Post by soccerjj » 22 Mar 2010, 11:13

In all competitions Messi has 36 goals and Rooney has 38.
hey shahensha i was wondering where you get those stats from as i think the approved stats are Messi 34 Goals and Rooney 33 Goals.

These are messis stats so far this year compared to last year.

Messi 08/09 - 51 games, 38 goals, 18 assists
Messi 09/10 - 38 games, 34 goals, 11 assists

As you can see he is definately having his best season ever.

Rooney 39 33
Ronaldo 24 22

Stat wise, skill wise and total game contribution wise he is the best.

I think he will almost certainley go down in history as one of the all time greats.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 22 Mar 2010, 13:15

My apologies soccerjj. You are right, it is 34 for Messi and 33 for Rooney. They still need a single digit number of goals to equal cronaldo's record.

Whats shocking is that he is only 22. There are still 2-4 years before he reaches his absolute peak.

SeanPaul
New User

Post by SeanPaul » 21 Apr 2010, 08:27

Well, watch Inter vs Barca we can see that Messi can be stopped :D. I think that's because of Jose Mourinho's talent. That's very interesting match and the result is can not be better. However, I'm still big fan of Messi. No one can deny his talent!!!!

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 21 Apr 2010, 18:25

The reason Messi was quiet was because Xavi was quiet.

Barcelona-Xavi= Barcelona with a poor Messi.

Barcelona+Xavi= Messi is a God.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 21 Apr 2010, 18:34

They where controlled by Inter's powerful midfield and defense..

They went Italian style and played physical, something that isn't as popular in Spain..

Many Italian players, or foreigners that play in Italy for a while, that sign contracts in different leagues and transfer teams become frustrated, because their physical ways are more penalized in other leagues..

Walter Samuel, transfered to Madrid, to find that every game or every two games he would be cautioned, or even carded for what he considered normal football..

He went back to Italy and is one of the best defenders of the league, in Madrid he was nobody, another player, in Italy he's one of the best..

Someone finally played physical to Messi, and he sort of dissapeared.. I reckno he gets physical play in Spain, but this is a different level..He was marked by 3 guys that weren't scared of going cleats up or stepping on him which is granted ugly football, but sometimes it gets ugly in these matches.. He was choked, not given space, and if he beat a man quickly the second one would relay the first one and that would be the end of the attack... Thats how you mark Messi, with 2-3 guys constantly choking him.. In a play Samuel Et'oo marked him it was aroudn the middle of the field, I recall it was a 50 - 50 ball that Samuel just stood up to with all his african power..

Thats my theory..

Of course, If leo was closed, what happened to the other 9 players?