Best Full Back

Discuss and compare your favorite players
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

I've learnt my traits from Gary Neville on telly.

But nowadays, I'd tell young boys to go watch Heinze and Ramos. Not bad.

I'm not a big fan of Evra. His defending skill is a suspect.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

you cant be very good then :P

guion23

Ramos, Clichy, and Massimo Oddo.

NIKE IT UP.

christiano_italia
Sophomore Member

...Hmmmmmm...best defenders....uhhh...THE ENTIRE ITALIAN DEFENCE LINE!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But if we were going specific then I would have to say, Cannavaro. And best attacking full back, Materazzi (dont argue). Btw do goalkeepers count cuz Buffon would be one of the best defenders if they did.

soccer11
Admin

christiano_italia wrote:...Hmmmmmm...best defenders....uhhh...THE ENTIRE ITALIAN DEFENCE LINE!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But if we were going specific then I would have to say, Cannavaro. And best attacking full back, Materazzi (dont argue). Btw do goalkeepers count cuz Buffon would be one of the best defenders if they did.
did you not read the topic it says best fullbacks not defenders. Cannavarro and Metterazi are centerbacks

KPatel

christiano_italia wrote:...Hmmmmmm...best defenders....uhhh...THE ENTIRE ITALIAN DEFENCE LINE!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But if we were going specific then I would have to say, Cannavaro. And best attacking full back, Materazzi (dont argue). Btw do goalkeepers count cuz Buffon would be one of the best defenders if they did.
I think I will.

Materazzi is not a fullback. Materazzi cannot defend, he fouls everyone ALL the time. Materazzi is a cheat.

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

I think Philipp Lahm is a pretty good side back. Carlos and Cafu are pretty good as well.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

fir_nev wrote:I've learnt my traits from Gary Neville on telly.

But nowadays, I'd tell young boys to go watch Heinze and Ramos. Not bad.

I'm not a big fan of Evra. His defending skill is a suspect.
In my opinion Ramos still has A LOT to learn, he still makes too many mistakes despite having all the attributes to be a world class full back or centre back in fact. Hes good on the ball, good in the air and hes quick, but tackling isnt great at this moment and he makes some mistakes, but playing for real madrid as a defender at 20 years old, isnt easy.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Enok
New User

There's not many great right backs out there right now, are there?

Gary Neville or Daniel Alves would have to be my right back. Cafu a few years ago but he's getting on a bit.

Phillip Lahm or Zambrotta as my left back.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Has anyone seen Sagna play for Arsenal? Holy sh*t, what a baller!
God damn brewery!!!

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Enok wrote:There's not many great right backs out there right now, are there?

Gary Neville or Daniel Alves would have to be my right back. Cafu a few years ago but he's getting on a bit.

Phillip Lahm or Zambrotta as my left back.
Well your probably right, but the right back position is very much an underrated position most modern day right backs tend to basically be centre-halfes, without aerial ability, but with crossing and dribbling ability. Whereas most left backs these days seem to have the ability of a left winger, with great dribbling ability and can take free kicks.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Enok
New User

Rulezzz - I pretty much agree with what you are saying.

It seems to me that there are many excellent left backs but not so many great right backs.... apart from Daniel Alves, I don't think many right backs could command a transfer fee of over £10m ($20m?)

PS: Btw, I wasn't insulting right backs, I'm a right back myself :lol: