UPDATED: The New Knockout Game "First to 35"

Discuss and compare your favorite players
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

This is the knockout game for new players. I didn't include players such as Roberto Carlos, Figo, Raul, Ronaldo because they are in the twilight of their careers and are moving on to smaller leagues or to retirement. Do you agree with that or should I add them in? Ok this isn't started yet, I'm just getting some players into here first:

Henry
Messi
Ronaldinho
Gerrard
Fabregas
Van Persie
C. Ronaldo
Tevez
J. Terry
Rooney
Quaresma
Kaka
Eto'o
Lampard
Van Nistelrooy
Adriano
Torres
Cannavaro
Giggs
K.Toure
Carragher
Owen
Crespo
Ibrahimovic
Robinho
A. Cole
Drogba
Lennon
Ballack
Podolski

Ok no more adding players, first to 50 with adding and subtracting. Let's get going. People still get knocked out and the champion will be the first player who gets 50 points. Same rules as it started before, so only one post per day.
Last edited by rzadzinski on 03 Sep 2007, 02:22, edited 10 times in total.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

I'd like you to add Giggs, Figo, and how about some defenders such as K. Toure, Cannavaro, and R. Carlos.

Although it takes forever, I like the +1 -1 better than just the -1. But maybe we could start from 20 and just subtract... I dunno.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Well, read the top of my post and I say I don't want to add Figo, R.Carlos, Ronaldo and Raul and such because how can you compare them to Fabregas and RVP? It's almost impossible. They're almost "Legends".

I will add K.Toure, Cannavaro and Giggs though. Ronaldo was in the other game as well too, so I won't add him.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Henry is there so why not? All of them play for top notch clubs (Carlos is debatable) so they are not really in their twilight.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Well, Henry is still not done. He just signed for another big club. R.Carlos is now playing in Turkey, Figo will be moving on to play in Saudi Arabia, Beckham to the MLS, Ronaldo was in the last Knockout one and he could be done soon as well.

But looking at this now, it would take an eternity to finish. They might not even be current players by the time it ends... :lol:

I think some players should go out, but I'm not sure who. It would be very debatable.

-Alexander Ovechkin

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Actually figo is staying at inter ;) but you're right the list is huge. I'll try and think who we should remove then give you my suggestion.

I have an idea, how about people can remove up to 2 and give 2 points away. That'll flush the unwanted out pretty quickly.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

I might get rid of Robinho. I think he might be the worst there.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Yeah I'll get rid of him. But I can't say he's the worst there, the Copa America showed us all that he can be something special.

-Alexander Ovechkin

KPatel

Erm Carragher please :) ?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Fair enough, but should I put Owen in then as well??

Or is he done with now...

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Ah, what the heck, put Carra and Owen in.

Evan
Veteran Member

I think crespo should be in there for sure!
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

soccer11
Admin

i got a way to determine it but it would be kind of unrealistic. i don't think it could be done.

we do bracket style and vote on who moves onto the next round. first to 5 votes moves on and you can only vote once per bracket pairing.

it's kind of confusing and probably impossible but it would be pretty good i guess

nicodaman
New User

I think Beckham should be in there cuz maybe hes going to MLS but he's still on the England national team I think, and Real Madrid did offer him a contract extension. Hes got another 4 or 5 years left of quality soccer in him right?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

No Beckham, he falls into the same category as R.Carlos and those of the like.

Soccer11 I'll take the idea into consideration...still need more ideas though.

-Alexander Ovechkin