Strongest player in the world

Discuss and compare your favorite players
powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 07 Aug 2007, 18:22

good old crochy ay ... well as u say kpatel sissoko is like a tank, but its wird to look ast him he looks just skinny and lanky but yeh very true.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 07 Aug 2007, 20:47

I've never seen Kolo Toure lose a physical battle or get muscled off the ball. The guy's such a ridiculous athlete, especially for not being very tall, and I would think that he's one of the strongest around.

God damn brewery!!!

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 07 Aug 2007, 21:37

Essien or Wayne Rooney maybe, they r both really strong on the ball, dont get nudged off easily.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

ryantodd
Sophomore Member

Post by ryantodd » 08 Aug 2007, 18:47

wayne rooney definately

it said in the paper the other day that he beat ricky hatton in an arm wrestle!!!!

kuijt18
Sophomore Member

Post by kuijt18 » 09 Aug 2007, 05:13

gattuso is the wrongest answer i've seen on here, steven gerrard called him "as frightening as a kitten" and i can believe it as he is only like 5 feet tall, he's also not good at soccer

rooney is the second wrongest answer on here because he is only 5ft 10 and not near the size of a player like adriano or stam

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 09 Aug 2007, 05:29

So you think at 7 feet, Crouch is the strongest player in the world...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

steve-0
Veteran Member

Post by steve-0 » 09 Aug 2007, 16:53

just cuz ur small doesn't mean u cant b strong. gatusso's a bull. height gives a huge advantage tho, c ronaldo at like 6'2 is the perfect combination of height and strength.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 09 Aug 2007, 22:01

steve-0 wrote:just cuz ur small doesn't mean u cant b strong. gatusso's a bull. height gives a huge advantage tho, c ronaldo at like 6'2 is the perfect combination of height and strength.
Hardly, or at least not for football, you're thinking along the lines of he is the perfect comination of height, strength and estrogen, which is why he is also a model.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 09 Aug 2007, 22:06

Correct Hugh, the men are all over him:

Also, no one knocks Rooney off the ball:

"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

jonte

Post by jonte » 09 Aug 2007, 23:05

Hm, Zlatan in my opinion.. and not just mine.
I have recently read that Inters physio coach said he was the strongest player he had ever seen, cus of his excellent pre season tests.
It would interesting to see Zlatan duel Rooney. 8)

And dont forget Koller or Toni.
Zlatanist javisst!

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Post by ballackfan » 10 Aug 2007, 01:47

I think strongest refered to his strength, not power(involved speed)? Honestly, I don't know but I know you can't really compare like strength by how much you lift, because a bigger creature/heavier certain has more mass could do more than smaller creature who has less mass. You'll be surprised the strongest animal isn't the biggest thing you ever see.

http://www.extremescience.com/StrongestCreature.htm

This little thing(rhinoceros beetle) can handle 850 times than its body weight on its back. While as stated in the article the elephant only can handle 0.25 times on it's back. 8)

Hey don't be scare if anyone say they could squat 500 lbs, :lol: you just take that number and divided by number of lbs of his weigh, or just minus 500 from his weigh to get pounds of strength in squat.

I don't know who is the strongest player but I'm guessing Adriano from Inter or Ronaldo who lived next door near him.

kuijt18
Sophomore Member

Post by kuijt18 » 10 Aug 2007, 05:06

you must've never seen some one that is a full size 6'3. btw the comment on crouch was just ignorant, obviously i'm making the height comparison because it is easier to look strong when you are short. despite the fact that adriano is so tall he still looks like he is packing some weight. final word: adriano would run rooney into the ground

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 10 Aug 2007, 05:22

Hehe, not ignorant, just you seemed to be saying everyone who was taller was stronger. I know Crouch is a stick. However, I don't know if Rooney would be killed by Adriano, maybe, but not certain.

Why is it easier to look strong when you are short? You still have to develop the muscle just like someone who is taller than you. I don't think it's much different except when you are taller you build more weight, doesn't necessarily mean you are stronger.

-Alexander Ovechkin

kuijt18
Sophomore Member

Post by kuijt18 » 10 Aug 2007, 06:22

lol ok here goes, a person who is shorter will usually be "stronger" (as in they can move more weight that they push or carry)because their limbs are shorter, but a person who is longer has the potential to generate more speed in their free motions such as striking and throwing etc. (btw adriano has the hardest shot in the soccer). this is part of the reason why boxers and pitchers are tall and wrestlers and weight-lifters are short.

so seeing as how there is no grappling in soccer, soccer strength is determined by who wins tackles and shoulder challenges, the player with more weight (provided it is mostly quality weight) will always be the one still standing when two players run into each other, adriano can and does carry significantly more muscle weight than a player like rooney because his frame is bigger

also it's easier to look strong when you are short because it takes less muscle to fill out your frame and most taller people have a tendency to have long muscle which doesn't react as well to anaerobic training

anderson

Post by anderson » 10 Aug 2007, 13:30

lol ok here goes, a person who is shorter will usually be "stronger" (as in they can move more weight that they push or carry)because their limbs are shorter, but a person who is longer has the potential to generate more speed in their free motions such as striking and throwing etc. (btw adriano has the hardest shot in the soccer). this is part of the reason why boxers and pitchers are tall and wrestlers and weight-lifters are short.

so seeing as how there is no grappling in soccer, soccer strength is determined by who wins tackles and shoulder challenges, the player with more weight (provided it is mostly quality weight) will always be the one still standing when two players run into each other, adriano can and does carry significantly more muscle weight than a player like rooney because his frame is bigger

also it's easier to look strong when you are short because it takes less muscle to fill out your frame and most taller people have a tendency to have long muscle which doesn't react as well to anaerobic training
PAWNED :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!