Why is Brazil ranked 3rd?

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Flyingmoose
Veteran Member
Posts: 619
Joined: 11 Jun 2007, 00:23

Why is Brazil ranked 3rd?

Post by Flyingmoose » 27 Jun 2007, 14:00

I know that recently Brazil got moved from 2nd to 3rd in Fifa rankings. However, shouldn't they be ranked lower? Brazil recently have achieved 2 draws with the likes of Turkey and England and a loss versus portugal. As you well know England, Portugal and Turkey are ranked below 3rd. Are there any games lately they havn't played that I don't know about that would keep them up?

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post by gnarlyjim » 27 Jun 2007, 14:51

Here is a link to Brazil's recently played, and soon to be played matches.
Image

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post by ratherton » 27 Jun 2007, 14:53

It's all here

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranki ... e/men.html

Doesn't mean anything anyway
Image

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member
Posts: 619
Joined: 11 Jun 2007, 00:23

Post by Flyingmoose » 28 Jun 2007, 13:26

Alright, Brazil lost to Mexico and I'm looking at the fifa rankings, and they still havn't budged?

powell
English Meister
Posts: 3941
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 20:59
Location: england

Post by powell » 28 Jun 2007, 14:24

I dont think they update them after every match they update it every now and again i think.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie
Posts: 3767
Joined: 07 Jul 2006, 02:08
Location: Canada

Post by gnarlyjim » 28 Jun 2007, 14:30

Flyingmoose wrote:Alright, Brazil lost to Mexico and I'm looking at the fifa rankings, and they still havn't budged?
It's monthly.
Image

erick_back
Sophomore Member
Posts: 40
Joined: 16 Nov 2007, 20:42

Post by erick_back » 17 Nov 2007, 17:34

1 Argentina 1533 1 82
2 Brazil 1459 1 15
3 Italy 1387 -2 -101
4 France 1271 2 51
5 Germany 1245 -1 -85
6 Spain 1226 1 48
7 Netherlands 1207 -2 -39
8 Portugal 1203 0 34
9 Czech Republic 1174 2 92
10 Croatia 1155 0 4
11 England 1137 -2 -28
12 Romania 1086 0 49
13 Scotland 1049 1 24
14 Greece 1034 1 94
15 Mexico 978 -2 -48
16 Russia 960 10 109
17 Uruguay 900 2 11
18 USA 886 0 -11
19 Nigeria 841 4 -26
20 Poland 837 -4 -89
21 Norway 830 8 67
22 Ukraine 828 -5 -72
23 Cameroon 822 2 -34
24 Sweden 821 -4 -67
25 Colombia 801 -1 -61
26 Paraguay 799 5 49
27 Serbia 786 -5 -91
28 Turkey 771 -7 -112
29 Denmark 769 -1 -25
30 Japan 758 4 27
31 Guinea 727 -1 -25
32 Republic of Ireland 722 0 -11
32 Côte d'Ivoire 722 -5 -84
34 Bulgaria 717 1 -10
34 Senegal 717 6 32
36 Northern Ireland 716 0 9
37 Israel 707 -4 -25
38 Iran 703 2 18
39 Egypt 698 4 19
40 Mali 694 9 81
41 Switzerland 676 1 -7
42 Morocco 674 -4 -14
43 Tunisia 668 -6 -24
44 Finland 667 0 -11
45 Chile 644 2 20
46 Korea Republic 633 4 28
47 Ghana 632 -2 -39
48 Hungary 630 7 86
48 Bosnia-Herzegovina 630 -9 -56
50 Slovakia 600 -4 -63

new ranks and brazil was third because the two other teams were playing better.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6203
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by rzadzinski » 17 Nov 2007, 19:00

No, there's a formula of statistics, not who's playing better necessarily.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4471
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Post by Davidson9 » 18 Nov 2007, 05:40

erick_back wrote:1 Argentina 1533 1 82
2 Brazil 1459 1 15
3 Italy 1387 -2 -101
4 France 1271 2 51
5 Germany 1245 -1 -85
6 Spain 1226 1 48
7 Netherlands 1207 -2 -39
8 Portugal 1203 0 34
9 Czech Republic 1174 2 92
10 Croatia 1155 0 4
11 England 1137 -2 -28
12 Romania 1086 0 49
13 Scotland 1049 1 24
14 Greece 1034 1 94
15 Mexico 978 -2 -48
16 Russia 960 10 109
17 Uruguay 900 2 11
18 USA 886 0 -11
19 Nigeria 841 4 -26
20 Poland 837 -4 -89
21 Norway 830 8 67
22 Ukraine 828 -5 -72
23 Cameroon 822 2 -34
24 Sweden 821 -4 -67
25 Colombia 801 -1 -61
26 Paraguay 799 5 49
27 Serbia 786 -5 -91
28 Turkey 771 -7 -112
29 Denmark 769 -1 -25
30 Japan 758 4 27
31 Guinea 727 -1 -25
32 Republic of Ireland 722 0 -11
32 Côte d'Ivoire 722 -5 -84
34 Bulgaria 717 1 -10
34 Senegal 717 6 32
36 Northern Ireland 716 0 9
37 Israel 707 -4 -25
38 Iran 703 2 18
39 Egypt 698 4 19
40 Mali 694 9 81
41 Switzerland 676 1 -7
42 Morocco 674 -4 -14
43 Tunisia 668 -6 -24
44 Finland 667 0 -11
45 Chile 644 2 20
46 Korea Republic 633 4 28
47 Ghana 632 -2 -39
48 Hungary 630 7 86
48 Bosnia-Herzegovina 630 -9 -56
50 Slovakia 600 -4 -63

new ranks and brazil was third because the two other teams were playing better.
they'll probably change by next month now that scotland are out of contention for qualification

goingpro
Senior Member
Posts: 132
Joined: 15 May 2007, 02:33

Post by goingpro » 18 Nov 2007, 06:52

individual wins or losses dont count that much
world cups do most n tourneys

tomsta911
Senior Member
Posts: 128
Joined: 02 Jul 2006, 07:01

Post by tomsta911 » 18 Nov 2007, 10:50

IMO, i think that fifa world rankings are stuffed. no offence like romania 12th etc..
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4471
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Post by Davidson9 » 18 Nov 2007, 14:56

tomsta911 wrote:IMO, i think that fifa world rankings are stuffed. no offence like romania 12th etc..
are you kidding me, romania shoul be higher, maybe like 8th, there actually a quality team

tomsta911
Senior Member
Posts: 128
Joined: 02 Jul 2006, 07:01

Post by tomsta911 » 18 Nov 2007, 19:08

orright then my bad.. Ghana they should not be 47th..
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4471
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Post by Davidson9 » 18 Nov 2007, 19:12

tomsta911 wrote:orright then my bad.. Ghana they should not be 47th..
you're right they should be higher, and so should the socceroos

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6203
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by rzadzinski » 18 Nov 2007, 20:11

No offense, but Romania should be in 8th? Is that a joke? When was the last time they played in a big tournament even? EURO 2008 will be the first one in a long while.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Post Reply