honestly, how can you get tickets now?!

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
bmccall
New User

honestly, how can you get tickets now?!

Post by bmccall »

hey, i think i missed the boat on tickets for the world cup... is it possible to buy some "informally?" you know, scalping, etc. i am planning on going to germany for it, and i would like to buy some while i am there, if i can get them...

however, i would like to know - with the little chips w/ your personal info on the tickets - are they planning on checking your id the door, and if it doesnt match are you out of luck?
cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa »

Personally i dont think theyre going to check id's. I mean imagine checking at least 50,000 crazy fan's id's at the door! That would be crazy, they just say that to scare you and so that there wont be any resale on tickets. I personally dont know if there are still tickets to the world cup games.
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid »

you can't buy them "directly," you have to apply and they'll draw names to see who gets them. you probably could buy them in germany....for about $500. i'm not really sure if the sales are over yet, but there's supposed to be another draw later on i think. check the website http://www.fifaworldcup.com
Hala Galacticos
coop8

Post by coop8 »

ebay?
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid »

maybe. it's worth a look
Hala Galacticos
frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan »

If Germany can ever be that advanced they would be leading the EU by a million miles by now.

Nah I just say go buy your tickets off some ticket dealers (black market ones are too untrustworthy) and just prepare to get in and watch an awesome WC.

Obviously it may mean forking out a large sum of additional money than the ticket value but if you think it's worth it, go ahead.
J
Admin

Post by J »

Does anyone know if its still possible to get tickets or if there is any left???And if there are some left, how do you go about getting them at this point in time??
frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan »

Sold out.

But you can still get them off ticket dealers or perhaps the black market. Preferrably the former cause breaking the law might bring dire consequences if you get busted.

However, the ticket dealers will make over 300% profit which is why it's such a good business for them. So lets say a ticket was x dollars, then you'd have to pay 3x dollars just for an x dollars ticket.

Good luck.
J
Admin

Post by J »

where did you hear they were sold out??? Because today i found out that the next selling faze begins Dec. 1, and there will be two more after that.
frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan »

When I meant sold out, I meant the 2nd May selling phase. It's true that the next ticketing phase come later, but those are all the shite tickets! lol.

I never trust second/third phase tickets cause they are usually the messed up ones especially with such a global event like the world cup.

I'd rather buy it off a dealer but those are just filthy greedy merchants!
J
Admin

Post by J »

hmmmmm :? Anyone else know anything about the tickets???
ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton »

You can always get tickets for games but the cost is the big question. Tickets for games between some teams will be very hard to get hold of. For example, England matches are always hard to get tickets for.

We are expected to take up to 100,000 supporters to Germany - no, I'm not joking. In Euro 2004, we had 13,000 official tickets when we played France. There were about 45,000 England fans in the 65,000 stadium. In Japan in 2002, I've heard stories of $2,000 being offered for the England v Brazil match.

On the other hand, some games, you couldn't give tickets away for. I would expect tickets to be in the highest demand from German, Dutch, Swedish, English and Polish fans. If Turkey qualify, they have a huge expat community in German so tickets for their games will be another that are in high demand.

Ebay is always a good place to pick up tickets nearer the finals. You have to also remember, FIFA probably won't start sending tickets out until 4-6 weeks before the tournament.

A more secure but very expensive way to get tickets is from the online agents. They have adverts all over search engines but you will pay very, very high prices