U-20 World Cup Comes To Canada

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 30 Jun 2007, 20:16

1-0 YES!!!! I'VE NEVER BEEN SO PROUD TO BE POLISH!!!! :D

WE got fu**ing cheated with bulls**t calls and the diving from those Brazilians was horrendous. Totally deserved victory! GO POLSKA!!! :D

I can't believe that was a red, you don't even know how angry I was.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 30 Jun 2007, 20:29

yes very well deserved. Great defensive display by them, and the determindation to win.

You could say brazil lose becuase they didnt take there chance. They had loads and loads of possesion but in that last 1/3 didnt do anything. That dive right at the end annyoed me but mark webb spot on with the card. I'm not sure why the red was given though, and i was liking jo, thouhg he was a great talent and good player up untill he handballed it which i then thought, yes just like all the other players

Never the less great win for poland!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 30 Jun 2007, 20:32

They were doing everything, man, my family didn't stop yelling at the TV the entire game! The Brazilians fell at everything and rolled around like they were dieing. That's what you get...

Frik I still can't believe we beat Brazil 1 man short. That's just incredible! :D
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 01 Jul 2007, 01:47

Fully deserved to win. That was the right result. Wow, imagine if Brazil doesn't get through the group stage! :shock: That would be crazy.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 01 Jul 2007, 01:50

What about Argentina as well! :shock:

They still have a great chance, but still not a win with that powerhouse!

Ottawa saw no goals today. :lol: That must suck. :P

-Alexander Ovechkin

steve-0
Veteran Member

Post by steve-0 » 04 Jul 2007, 21:35

did any1 c the US Korea game? i don't think ive ever seen a team dominate as much as korea did and ive never cn a team dive as much as the koreans. US were very lucky to come out with a tie.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 04 Jul 2007, 22:22

Korea certainly should've won. I totally agree. They were dominant.

steve-0
Veteran Member

Post by steve-0 » 05 Jul 2007, 03:10

what's ur favorite match from the u20 world cup so far. mine's the spain uruguay game, amazing comeback from the spanish.

cmperez07

Post by cmperez07 » 06 Jul 2007, 05:27

Mexico are gonna be the champions. They have very good team play and having Dos Santos on your team doesnt hurt.

Go Mexico!!!
So...What's Going On???

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 06 Jul 2007, 06:48

cmperez07 wrote:Mexico are gonna be the champions. They have very good team play and having Dos Santos on your team doesnt hurt.

Go Mexico!!!
Yeah! Gio Dos Santos! Plays for Barca, right?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 06 Jul 2007, 15:43

In contention (in my eyes):

Chile, Argentina, Spain, Mexico.

It sucked to be at the stadium and watch none of my teams I was cheering for score (Canada, Congo). It was pretty fun though.

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 06 Jul 2007, 19:46

On TV, the stadium looked empty. I know it's a big stadium (60,000 cap. or something?), but it looked like there was nobody there. Am I right, or were there actually quite a few there?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 06 Jul 2007, 20:07

Over 30,000 there. It looked empty but yeah, the stadium is huge, the seats are red (just like Canadian and Chilean fans), and all that adds up to looking like an empty stadium when in all reality, it was half full. Not bad, and btw, the way the camera was pointing was to the side which the sun was glaring onto on a +35 degree day. The other side was packed, but the camera didn't really see it.

So there was more people in Toronto, but I bet the atmosphere in those smaller stadiums is better. Except Montreal of course. The Korean and Polish fans are going to pack that big stadium, that will be electric!

-Alexander Ovechkin

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 07 Jul 2007, 01:45

POLSKA!!!

Good job on the boys for holding their own and managing the tie. Now it's off to Poland vs. Argentina. I hope we can hold them too!

Korea played very well this tournament and deserved a better fate, but in this group of death, things just didn't go their way.

-Alexander Ovechkin

cmperez07

Post by cmperez07 » 07 Jul 2007, 06:15

I think its safe to say that Brasil is really disappointing. Even their senior team is not doing so good. I think they are all 'Joga Bonito' out. Mexico looks really strong, Chile also looks good, and I hate to say it the Americans are looking good.
I wouldn't be surprised by a Mexico-USA final. That would be interesting.
So...What's Going On???