Why Does the US Suck compared to all the other Euro teams???

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
DavidColeS
New User

Okay, now I'm gonna send y'all for a trip.

Post by DavidColeS » 01 Jun 2007, 14:54

:evil: Alright now... let me throw a few figures out there: Average Running required for average player for each major sport(whole match): Baseball: 360 feet (give or take for outfeild and leads and stuff) if hes lucky. Basketball: A heck of a lot more, possibly 2-3 miles. Americano Futbol: Average Linebacker: about 5-10 yards each play Average Wide Reciever: 20-50 yards each play. FUTBOL: An average professional player, runs about 6-9 kilometers (4-6 miles) per match. Some midfielders cover up to 13-15 kilometers (8 miles). -Complements of Expert Football, Fitness section.

Now, I want an honest answer, what is the most taxing sport in the world?(for an AVERAGE player, of course)

Please note, how many wide recievers and D-backs there are on the field per play, and how many point guards are on the court, and how many runners are on base at any one time.

Okay, I've said my peice. Let's see what you guys can come up with.

DavidColeS
New User

And another thing

Post by DavidColeS » 01 Jun 2007, 17:36

AND, for those of you who say United States residents are all about money, let me tell you something... Anyone that loves the game of Football (and I mean really loves it), it won't matter how much you get paid for playing it, you'll still play it.

ftbllrckr
Veteran Member

tome

Post by ftbllrckr » 01 Jun 2007, 20:55

Tom Brady, to answer ajc's question. I don't know for sure but I'm pretty dang certain. This one is an easy one: Who one the 1986 Bowl? and who was the MVP, that second part u dont have to answer.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Re: Okay, now I'm gonna send y'all for a trip.

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 02 Jun 2007, 00:15

DavidColeS wrote::evil: Alright now... let me throw a few figures out there: Average Running required for average player for each major sport(whole match): Baseball: 360 feet (give or take for outfeild and leads and stuff) if hes lucky. Basketball: A heck of a lot more, possibly 2-3 miles. Americano Futbol: Average Linebacker: about 5-10 yards each play Average Wide Reciever: 20-50 yards each play. FUTBOL: An average professional player, runs about 6-9 kilometers (4-6 miles) per match. Some midfielders cover up to 13-15 kilometers (8 miles). -Complements of Expert Football, Fitness section.

Now, I want an honest answer, what is the most taxing sport in the world?(for an AVERAGE player, of course)

Please note, how many wide recievers and D-backs there are on the field per play, and how many point guards are on the court, and how many runners are on base at any one time.

Okay, I've said my peice. Let's see what you guys can come up with.
Maybe Basketball players do not run as much as soccer players, but I gotta say that its more intense. When I play basketball Im always sprinting back and forth. Soccer is really taxing as well, but at least you can alternate between jogs and sprints. Some players do not run as much as midfielders either.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Re: tome

Post by ajc » 02 Jun 2007, 16:44

ftbllrckr wrote:Tom Brady, to answer ajc's question. I don't know for sure but I'm pretty dang certain. This one is an easy one: Who one the 1986 Bowl? and who was the MVP, that second part u dont have to answer.
Actually the 05 Superbowl MVP was wide receiver Deion Branch

I'm not totally sure who won it in 86, but I'm thinking it was Da Bears
Click it

Chrus

Post by Chrus » 02 Jun 2007, 16:48

us
sucks in soccer cause soccer is not the most popular gamein the country
OOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo00000000000oooOOOOOOOOOO000000OO
Anxels

ftbllrckr
Veteran Member

yeah

Post by ftbllrckr » 02 Jun 2007, 16:51

Yeah sorry, got '05 and '04 mixed up. Yeah the Bears won with Coach Ditka.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 02 Jun 2007, 17:20

ajc wrote:
ftbllrckr wrote:Tom Brady, to answer ajc's question. I don't know for sure but I'm pretty dang certain. This one is an easy one: Who one the 1986 Bowl? and who was the MVP, that second part u dont have to answer.

From a certain city which starts with a "C" ends with an "O", and in the middle, "Hicag". :lol:

Da Bears!

Who would win, a hurricane or Ditka?

DITKA!

Wait...

The hurricanes name was Ditka.

Ohhhh....

:lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ftbllrckr
Veteran Member

Post by ftbllrckr » 02 Jun 2007, 17:35

rzadzinski wrote:
ajc wrote:

From a certain city which starts with a "C" ends with an "O", and in the middle, "Hicag". :lol:

Da Bears!

DITKA!

Wait...

Ohhhh....

Oookay then.... :lol: Ditka's pretty beast :wink: .

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 02 Jun 2007, 17:39

ftbllrckr wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
ajc wrote: Actually the 05 Superbowl MVP was wide receiver Deion Branch

Da Bears!

DITKA!

Wait...

Ohhhh....

Oookay then.... :lol: Ditka's pretty beast :wink: .
Yeah, ajc would understand what I meant. :wink: :P
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 02 Jun 2007, 18:19

Ditka...Ditka...Ditka....polish sausage... (homage to the Chris Farley SNL episode parody of superfans)

DavidColeS
New User

Post by DavidColeS » 03 Jun 2007, 14:12

How many fat or even overweight futball players do you see in professional leagues? Answer: none. Why? Because overweight players just could not keep up. It's pretty much the same in american football... I mean, how many fat linemen do you see chasing down a wide reciever for the tackle? Answer: none. You can be fat in american football and be good... you just can't be the best (in any sport). That's why futball is so popular worldwide. 'Cause these guys are the best. Football players.... nah. :roll:

steve-0
Veteran Member

Post by steve-0 » 05 Jun 2007, 14:04

because all the finest athletes in the US are playing basketball or football. but like the finest athletes in portugal and brazil and france are all playing soccer.

by the way ajc, i like ur picture icon thing. blow me.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 05 Jun 2007, 18:17

Thanks Steve-0 :wink:

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this, but I love your sig, southpark is my favorite show.
Click it

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 05 Jun 2007, 19:51

I haven't been in this topic for ages, but when I came here, I just realized that it no longer has anything to do with why the US team is still crap when it comes to international footy. Why don't we steer back to that direction, because I think our whole American football versus other sports discussion has been discussed enough.