Why Does the US Suck compared to all the other Euro teams???

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Saibomb
Veteran Member

I've played all the sports here and futbol is easily the best. I also enjoy playing basketball, it's a great sport as well. However, I despise American football and baseball. Why? because they don't compare to futbol. IN AM. Football all they rely on is strength. The only person who needs skill is the quarterback, everyone else just needs to be fast or really strong. It doesn't take much skill. And baseball is just flat out boring. Nothing to explain there.

But I think the reason why Americans aren't very good is because they lack the passion for the sport. I am surrounded by all these other sports too, but I don't let it distract. Even some good players I know don't focus primarily on futbol, and if you want to be the best you can be, you have to. So even if they become a pro they won't be as good as they could of been. And that's the difference.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

look guyz......im from Bangladesh but currently living in usa........
i play for a junior high team.......
Usa is really recess country....trust me.....i mean not all them....
i m sayin in us soccer is a white ppl sports i m serious...90% of usa playing soccer is white.......so black pplz like 2 my friend last year was black in our team....they were dam good....i mean he was better than a lot of collage soccer player.....but they didnt play soccer ne more cuz they said they can earn a lot of $$$$$ money$$$$$ or scholarships... if they play basketball or American football...and they said they can be more popplur.........thats what is happening with most of the people in usa and they dont know any thing about soccer.....and baseball-----------l fu** all baseball players...
"they say soccer is the gayest sportsever only thing we gotta do is chasing the ball..." i got in lots of fight when pplz say that.........
and their generation........i mean if u r grandpa or dad or brother plasyed basket ball...u r gonna play that dam sports r yall...this is y us suck at soccer....but let me tell yall some thing we r getting better

cesar
Sophomore Member

soccer in the usa sucks (my personal opinion) for the fact that theyre treated too soft...for example when u go to the usa u see all of these players training with a lot of sophisticated things like cones, little poles to jump while having the ball etc...well what they need to do is go to the streets and play dodging street lamps, cars, dog doo doo, or go all the way up to a hill dribbling the ball as fast as you can...and try to last a long time without water..etc i hope i give you my point of opinion..im trying to say to be rough so they can truly learn since in soccer you dont play soft

Saibomb
Veteran Member

That's true. I also think it takes some creativity out of the players because everything is so...organized...If you play like in Brazil on the streets with everyone it allows you to be more creative.

DavidColeS
New User

Ok, first, we are not all fat :evil: . As a matter of fact (if you want irrefutable evidence) only :arrow: 10-20% of American youth are overweight and I'm not one of them. Second, the war in the middle east is totally a land-based conflict so we are not to blame (well we are partly to blame, but I'm not going into that). Third, we do have SOME :idea: good soccer players, David Beckham included (sorry). Fourth, and not quite last, there is the small problem that our country is totally bogus :shock: in that we do our own thing and invent weird sports like baseball, basketball andamerican football. Note, these sports are all far more popular than soccer and any pickup games there might be are all played by Hispanic people who don't let "gringos" play :evil: (at least in my neighborhood). Fifth, my parting comment, the USA sucks in all the world tournaments because, you're right, we play videogames and goof off :roll: . We lack total dedication to football. The more dedicated teams, such as Italy and Brazil, could easily crush us and they take full advantage of that.
:cry: -P.S. The next Ronaldhino or Pele could come from anywhere, even fat America. :P 8)

KPatel

1) America has the highest obesity rates in the world. It has been deemed an epidemic by doctors throughout the nation as well as the FDA.
2) You are to blame. Your stupid president even admitted to going to Iraq for oil. He's a c**t anyway
3) David Beckham isn't American. And you're right; you're better than Jamaica, Fiji and the Phillipines, feel better?
4)
Note, these sports are all far more popular than soccer and any pickup games there migh
You must be highly mistaken, football is a worldwidfe sport. It is the most viewed and is universally played. Baseball is forcefully imposed on the Asian mainland (proof: they're absolutely crap at it), and is, not to mention, the worst sport of all. It's made for the obese. Basketball is derived from American Football believe it or not which is derived from Rugby, so in turn 'your' sports are offspring of actual sports.

In 5 words: you're shite, get over it.

Rant over.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

KPatel wrote:1) America has the highest obesity rates in the world. It has been deemed an epidemic by doctors throughout the nation as well as the FDA.
2) You are to blame. Your stupid president even admitted to going to Iraq for oil. He's a c**t anyway
3) David Beckham isn't American. And you're right; you're better than Jamaica, Fiji and the Phillipines, feel better?
4)
Note, these sports are all far more popular than soccer and any pickup games there migh
You must be highly mistaken, football is a worldwidfe sport. It is the most viewed and is universally played. Baseball is forcefully imposed on the Asian mainland (proof: they're absolutely crap at it), and is, not to mention, the worst sport of all. It's made for the obese. Basketball is derived from American Football believe it or not which is derived from Rugby, so in turn 'your' sports are offspring of actual sports.

Rant over.

I think when he meant to say these sports are all far more popular than soccer they are more popular n America so ya..pwnd lolz

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

KPatel wrote:Basketball is derived from American Football believe it or not which is derived from Rugby, so in turn 'your' sports are offspring of actual sports.

Rant over.
Basketball wasn't really derived from American Football. There was a need for an indoor sport in the winter months, and basketball was created! (By a Canadian. :P )
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Trainer09

I started this topic so i get something to say.

I don't like America we are garbage. Not to be over confident but I like I am the only American you doesnt like totell peiple that when the go over seas. i feel ashamed to say I am American. I am portugeese,german,indian etc. I don't play the normal America football. i play like europeans. So I don't say I am american I say I play beatiful football and thats it.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

You feel 0 pride for the country that you grew up in? :?
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Norm

hehe, I have -1000 pride for america. Honestly I hate this country and I'm moving to Scotland or España as soon as I can. When I have kids I don't want them growing up in this country, I want them to be footballers not basketball players or any sh*t like that. I personally dislike the american lifestyle too. I've lived in España and loved it and it has a great culture with pride that little people have here including myself because we're ashamed of our nation. So I'm with Trainer09 110% on this one.

Trainer09

I have zero, I am moving back to my homeland of Portugal as soon as I turn 18. I want a simple and maybe even poor life for my kids becuase to be the best you have to work . I live with my family yet all i really need if a ball and cleats. Yea I have a compter but I could function without it and same with even a bed,tv anything eletric or Americanized

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

You're not grateful for being free? Basically everything at your fingertips? The ability to do whatever you want?

You feel that America has done you no good in raising you?

I can see what you mean that you don't like it too much there, but I think you might be taking advantage for what you have. Okay, you may like the other cultures better, but still, just because people play different sports, eat differently (yes, I do hate fat people, but...), I don't believe that you need to be a hater, especially that you grew up in America.

BTW, I'm Canadian... :D

-Alexander Ovechkin

sjr_1490
New User

Theres a few simple points that can bring all of this conversation together.

1) America is driven by what??? Money!! And where is the money at as far as sports wise? American football, basketball, baseball. The salary for a soccer player is very low in the U.S. (excluding David Beckham).

2) America has X number of exceptionally good athletes. When thinking in career terms, whats one aspect that could be important? Money... call it hedonistic, whatever, so all of our spectacular athletes are going where the money is- not soccer(football).

3) Americans are not brought up to love soccer(football). There isn't a huge passion in this country for soccer as in, say, Brazil or England.

Personally, I've played American football, basketball, baseball, track, and of course football. I've grown to love football and have dropped the other sports along the way to concentrate on what I love. I will probably stay in the states but will raise my children to appreciate football the way I do and hopefully influence other people along the way. Remember though, it won't come overnight. We are pioneers of US soccer and should fight for a slow, progressive change. Remember where the U.S. was at 10 years ago? Its come a long way in a short amount of time.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Not gonna lie guys I love the American life I can do what ever the fu** I want haha. I couldn't imagine moving out of America; their are so many opportunities here compared to the other 3rd world countries. It's just the fact that Americans aren't fascinated with Soccer and exercise their rights not to play it, sure futbol may be the most popular sport in the world; but not here at least or Canada or Russia or a lot of places. I would love nothing more but to play soccer but sometimes I feel like playing basketball with my buddies who don't play soccer and you know bond with them because I am playing something they like so I can accommodate them, sometimes I wanna play American football because it's plain out right fun.

I don't see why people hate it here and don't show gratitude for our way of life. You know maybe Americans have a better shot at making it at American football than soccer or basketball over soccer or w/e; so thats why they choose to play it.

But back to the point about opportunities; their are lots of them like I said if you grew up in Brazil ya sure you'll be good but their are so few chances you can get to make it on a good club team because their are so many damn underprivileged people alongside you who are training for that same goal. But here in America their a so many great club teams around our area all we have to do is find out info on trials and just go. It's just us as a whole nation we don't exercise our rights of freedom to do it.

Hell i would love for my kids to be great soccer players and want to play and make it big, but hey if they want to play basket or am.football good for them and i would support them because its their freedom and I want what they feel is best for them.

So the whole idea is people in America have the freedom to like what they want and that's what makes America so awesome because we aren't all drones that have to follow one rule like for example : Everyone has to be homosexual or they will be executed. A dictator could easily just say that but here in America you got the freedom to do what ever you wish.