Was it a penalty!

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
kamil k

Did Italy diserve that penelty V australia in the world cup 2nd round. wen Totti scored
Last edited by kamil k on 17 Sep 2006, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Yes, because the ref gave it

However, it was a bad decision

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

when I saw the "foul" happen, I really thought it should not have been a penalty. Australia was playing really well, and then the italian player just ran and tripped over the guy :evil: It made me really mad to see that kind of call, and it decided the game too. Arrghh

Hey look, it is my 100th post lol

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

it woz a dodgy decision coz im an aussie and i watched the match and wen that happened i swore my head off and lost it. :x
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

Maikel

kamil k wrote:Did Italy diserve that penelty V australia in the world cup 2nd round. wen Totti scored
Nobody scores off of Italy except Italy! (see Italy v US)
Not strong, only aggressive.
Not free, we only licensed.
Not compassionate, only polite.
Now who's the nicest?

Viduka
Veteran Member

OMG. Usually, I dont post much or reply and just read. So this will be my first.. and I have to say NO Italy did not deserve that penalty because it decided the game and the World Cup. Australia was really motivated and pushed their way through the WC, due to that goal it let them down. I bet tho that if that wasnt awarded it could have been Australia going through.

The Italian Leagues and The Spanish Leagues are too soft. In the English Premiership they tackle hard, and as they should. We are men that play football. The divers are girls and should get instant cards for diving. Its the divers that make this game poor.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Viduka wrote:The Italian Leagues and The Spanish Leagues are too soft. In the English Premiership they tackle hard, and as they should. We are men that play football. The divers are girls and should get instant cards for diving. Its the divers that make this game poor.
true. Wot is football nowadays! Divers everywhere.
U noe the joga bonito saying: "Let your feet do the talking"

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Certainly a bad call by the ref. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't ref another game, and Sepp Blatter apologized to the Aussies.

ratherton
Veteran Member

gnarlyjim wrote:Certainly a bad call by the ref. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't ref another game, and Sepp Blatter apologized to the Aussies.
That moron Blatter has got a lot more to apologise for that the Italian's getting a dodgy penalty.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

gnarlyjim wrote:Certainly a bad call by the ref. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't ref another game, and Sepp Blatter apologized to the Aussies.
yer he apologized on TV during a football show. Doesnt make up for the loss though. Who knows how far we could of gotten, since we would of played Ukraine in the Quarters, which no offence to any one, would of been one easy match. We could of gone to the semis, or even beyond. The thought of missing out on that just infuriates me.
I guess we are going to have to wait another 4 years. We will get you back Italy, and hopefully next time, you can win another world cup without cheating.

Viduka
Veteran Member

!!! I never knew that the ref apologised, so he agrees it was a mistake? Sigh* That makes me feel worse because Australia could have gone all the way like gunnerz said... Cause I live in England quite often I have little sporting jests with mates over which country is better at sport. I would have loved to see Australia make it to the WC finals in the sport I love.

powell
English Meister

all i have to say is no italy didnt deserve the penalty and australlia deserved to win but yes it was a penalty simply because the ref blew for it.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

I think that everyone needs to kind of get over it. I mean, the world cup was months ago, can you not move on? I'm not saying that it was a good call, but it isn't the only bad call that was made by a referee, and it certainly isn't the worst. Not even by a long shot. I don't think that many people understand quite how hard it is to make a decision like that in a split-second at game speed. The first time I saw the play, I thought it was a rightful decision. It wasn't until later on, after many replays, that I changed my opinion. You can't blame the whole loss on the referee; it's just completely unorthodox. Even if that call wasn't made, no one can say that Italy wouldn't have made it through anyway. So, I agree with you all that the call was wrong, but I have to say that you may have done the same thing in those given circumstances.

By the way, I'm NOT an Italy fan, so don't call me biased.

Mattsta

I think that everyone needs to kind of get over it. I mean, the world cup was months ago, can you not move on? I'm not saying that it was a good call, but it isn't the only bad call that was made by a referee, and it certainly isn't the worst. Not even by a long shot. I don't think that many people understand quite how hard it is to make a decision like that in a split-second at game speed. The first time I saw the play, I thought it was a rightful decision. It wasn't until later on, after many replays, that I changed my opinion. You can't blame the whole loss on the referee; it's just completely unorthodox. Even if that call wasn't made, no one can say that Italy wouldn't have made it through anyway. So, I agree with you all that the call was wrong, but I have to say that you may have done the same thing in those given circumstances.

By the way, I'm NOT an Italy fan, so don't call me biased.
It's kinda hard to get over when ur country was the one who suffered because of a dodgy decision. Sure, u can tell us all to get over it and so can other people from other countries but of course u can say that because it's not ur country, the team u were rooting for that were wrong-done.

Sure, the reff made a bad call and it's impossible to put the whole blame on him because everyone makes mistakes/wrong calls but to make one at that kind of level is really infuriating.

Poor lucas neill the whole of australias heart's went out to him when that happened. The italian gets a penalty off of something that shouldn't have even been a penatly and then there were headlines in the news saying "lucas' fault australia are out of the world cup". What a load of bull. Luckily he soon realised it wasn't his fault but he just must have thought that he let the team down by giving them that penalty when it wasn';t even him in the first place.

Not being racist, but Italy, in the next World Cup in 2010 we'll be ready for u, and we won't take dodgy calls damnit!
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Mattsta, yes it hurt wen Jose Cantelejo gave away the penalty. It was unfair and probably the worst feeling i have ever felt. But soccer4lifes right, you need to get over it. Whats crying over it day after day going to do. Lets just forget about it and move on. After all, theres still next world cup! :D