Zizou unsure?

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Maradona
Veteran Member

Last year after France lost against Greece 0-1 during the quaterfinals of the Euro2004, Zinedine Zidane, the World Cup 98' MVP decided to finish his international career. But few days ago there were rumour spreading that Zizou will come back and play for France for the WC 2006 qualification.

Today: "Real Madrid midfielder Zinedine Zidane has denied reports he is considering an international comeback with France." -tribalfootball.com

:?:
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

dooglas
Veteran Member

well it says he denied it...but i would love it if he came back...france is boring without him.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

France has lost their indentity without Zidane.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Yeah, i agree, France is like a CD Player without a CD to listen too. Well witout Zidane in France's case.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

lol, well put.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

LOL, thanks....

soccer11
Admin

When he said he was retiring from international play, i didnt really belive him. I didnt think he would leave on such a note.

rp

cHaVa wrote:Yeah, i agree, France is like a CD Player without a CD to listen too. Well witout Zidane in France's case.
nice1

Maradona
Veteran Member

In Frances case without Zidane it's like a human body without a heart, a car without a motor or a tree with no roots. He's the life of French football, French people love him.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

That's true.
FORÇA BARÇA!

coop8

france has henry though

Maradona
Veteran Member

Well Henry is rising up but ask anyone in France who do they prefer, they will answer Zizou.

"Napoleon conquered vast lands for France but Zidane conquered French peoples hearts and brought them the World Cup." -me

bmccall
New User

It's as simple as that. W/out Zidane they seem completely lost.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

How true. Zizou has more depth than Henry, U see.

I like seeing Zizou making the killer passes and Henry making the kills.

soccer11
Admin

This may sound stupid, but i think that if Zidane isnt there, France has no chance at winning the world cup. That doesnt mean that if he's there they will win it, but if he's not there, they have NO chance.