Canadian Ranking

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Recently, FIFA changed the way they ranked teams for the World Cup. This change helped Canada greatly. We Canucks are now ranked in the low 50's I believe. Although that may seem terrible for many nations, it is a great step in the right direction for Canadian Football. Any ideas as to when Canada will qualify for the World Cup?

ratherton
Veteran Member

The FIFA rankings are widely acknowledged to be a joke although the new calculations are a bit better

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

ya dont even consider them, Guinea has a higher ranking than Ghana, fifa needs some common sense
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Yes, how does a county that hasnt played in WC gain 20+ places while others like T&T lose places?! Nigeria and Cameroon top 20, you got to be joking... :?
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

ratherton
Veteran Member

The reasons for big changes in the latest rankings is because they changed the calculations to only use the last 4 years results, not 8

powell
English Meister

just though i'd show you guys a website that shows all the up to date fifa rankings

http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/news/fifa.html

sometimes i really wonder how these put all theys countries in rank order because, well hey it looks pretty messed up

thierryhenry14

wowi thought france was in 3rd not 4th oh well their still good
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

Sometimes in football you just have to score goals -Thierry Henry-

Snoopyx623

do canadians even play soccer?
ive never seen their international team before,

thierryhenry14

Snoopyx623 wrote:do canadians even play soccer?
ok i'm not from Canada but that was a stupid question. If you knew football you would know that Canada plays soccer. Do you know how many canadians are on this website? alot, and they're always talking about the canadian national team
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

Sometimes in football you just have to score goals -Thierry Henry-

af2266

I think the first post on here would answer your question..
some guy yelled at me...

ratherton
Veteran Member

thierryhenry14 wrote:
ok i'm not from Canada but that was a stupid question. If you knew football you would know that Canada plays soccer. Do you know how many canadians are on this website? alot, and they're always talking about the canadian national team
My team, Ipswich Town have had a few Canadian players. Craig Forrest was our goalkeeper for several years in the early 1990s before be left to play for West Ham.

Before that, Frank Yallop played full back for us. He's gone on to be a very successful manager in the MLS

The latest Canadian player we have is a young winger called Jamie Peters. He's played a couple of games for the senior side. From what I've seen, he's got a lot of potential

MBanić

The US on 16 but Croatia is 23? Don't make me laugh. And England should be 7!

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Noone even cares about those rankings, in WC.. US had better ranking then Italy, who was favorite to advance.. exactly...
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.