holland
12%
germany
12%

Total votes: 25

floater

have u guys ever thought about it
why did some teams not use all there possible players

why didnt Argie use J Zanetti and Samuel?

Why Holland didnt use Stam, Seedorf, etc.?

Why didnt Italy try to bring Maldini out of retirement just like France did with its players?

Why didnt Brazil use the same game they did in the Confederations cup!?

U guys get what i'm sayin

MBanić

Brazil. WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU USE ROBINHO! The ten mins he was on against France, he made such a difference, if he was put on 20 mins earlier, Brazil would have the 6th star on their jersey.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

italy actually did try to get maldini back. i guess the other situations you mentioned were down to coaches personal preferences and strategies.
Hala Galacticos

RonaldinhoSkills

Its what Pele said... Brazil has the best players in the world but poor adminastration
Remember... Never do a skill twice, always be creative, after that, you'll own.

soccer11
Admin

agreed about the brazil thing. they will always have the best talent, it all comes down to how it is used. and one more thing. why wasnt edgar davids even on the netherlands team? what the hell was he thinking, i know they wanted to go young, but they couldve atleast put him on the team.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

The netherlands team was fine except for Kuyt. Seedorf looks great on TV, but his style of play slows the game down which is not the system that the netherlands were playing in. Stam is pretty much finished, and did Davids really play well enough at Spurs to deserve a WC spot? The team who faltered with their players the most was Brazil. Fred should have started, let alone get more than one cap, while Robinho played well when he was on. Cafu and Roberto Carlos should have never touched the field, and G. Silva played much better than Emerson.

I have to agree with you... Kuyt doesn't really deserve to play for the Netherlands. He misses too much and makes the team look bad. Edgar Davids is playing well now though... he really should have played I think. Also Marco van basten should quit. He has too much of an ego. He made Van Nistelrooy leave, and he didn't let him play when we needed him in the Portugal game against all the shorter Portugese players. It was stupid that van Basten didn't put him in just because they argued. Cost us the World Cup.
God damn brewery!!!

palimino
Sophomore Member

yeah i think brazil is probably one of the more talented teams i've ever seen, due to the outstanding players. I personally like spain and they have a couple up and comers that will hopefully take the place of raul (doubtful). The french were the ones that really stood out, as much i hate to admit it they did extremly well and have alot of talent on their team, they will be a team to watch in the next world cup...

thisisdard
Veteran Member

palimino wrote:yeah i think brazil is probably one of the more talented teams i've ever seen, due to the outstanding players. I personally like spain and they have a couple up and comers that will hopefully take the place of raul (doubtful). The french were the ones that really stood out, as much i hate to admit it they did extremly well and have alot of talent on their team, they will be a team to watch in the next world cup...
Hello palimino. The WC has been over for a year already and this page is REALLY OLD. It's not good forum ettiquette to post in old places unless really necessary. :wink:

lil_samba
Sophomore Member

well agreed with everybody about brasil!!!
but managers do look to other directions on the pitch, maldini have experience, but would he have been the player they needed to win the world cup?NO. Materazzi and gattuso were good enough.

Seedorf and edgars are fantastic, but they would not have fit onto Van Basten tactics, the gaffer like's quickness and he wants goals. Sure seedorf and Edgar are good at doing that, but robin, arjen, sneijder were the better choice because they perform at their club and they understood what Van Basten wanted.

all in all
good topic
be happy everytime =)

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Maybe someone does care?

The next World Cup is still over 3 years away. Besides, you can talk World Cup all you want, forever! :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

milanese
Veteran Member

Argentina leaving J.Zanetti off the team was just stupid. He'd start for any country in the world.

If I was managing Brazil, I'd try to find a way to work Juninho and Mancini into the starting XI.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

milanese wrote:Argentina leaving J.Zanetti off the team was just stupid. He'd start for any country in the world.
My thoughts exactly. I wonder why they left him off? :?

thisisdard
Veteran Member

gnarlyjim wrote:
milanese wrote:Argentina leaving J.Zanetti off the team was just stupid. He'd start for any country in the world.
My thoughts exactly. I wonder why they left him off? :?
Apparently he and the coach had some personal conflicts with each other, or at least that's what Ive been told.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OKAY people! Let's just talk about the WC forever and ever until the next World War cancels it! 8)