FIFA discipline for ZZ and MM

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
ratherton
Veteran Member

Zidane got a fine which is about the equivalent of fining me $0.04 and a 3 match ban. As he's packed up playing, he is going to work for 3 days for FIFA. After reading Andrew Jennings book about corruption in FIFA, I'd be perfectly happy to "work" for FIFA for as long as they'd have me.

Materazzi got a 2 game ban.

Both confirmed the comments were not of a racist nature

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

If they werent' of racist nature why did he get banned? I think its dumb to fine and ban him just because he insulted a player. People get insulted and provoked all the time they are just banning materazzi because zidane is a legend and they are biased. Yea banning zidane wont help because he already retired and he has so much money that the fines dont mean anything to him.

This is a sad situation. I understand why someone would be angry at being insulted but its part of the game (especially with Italians) I think Materazzi shouldnt even have been banned. Next thing you know other players are going to get banned for insulting/provoking. Or Maybe players arent going to get banned unless they insullt a "football Gods" like zizou.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

If this wasn't the WC finals, they both wouldn't get anything.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i agree with both of the last two posts. it's stupid to get a ban just for (non racist) comments. if this had been in some international friendly they would have let it slide like it was nothing.
Hala Galacticos

thrillboy
Veteran Member

I think materazzi got banned because the rules and image of the game are changing. All sports are trying to change their image to have aclean image.But I agree with El Maestro, Materazzi shouldn't have gottten banned. He was going to play in the Euro cup but he is banned from that.

interista

you guys dont completely understand the italian culture. when i went to school there
for the year if you insult someone's family expect to be beat up. family is sacred there. i think zz understood the weight of that insult (he used to play in italy) and delt with him
Thanks jthursto for the sig

ratherton
Veteran Member

interista wrote:you guys dont completely understand the italian culture. when i went to school there
for the year if you insult someone's family expect to be beat up. family is sacred there. i think zz understood the weight of that insult (he used to play in italy) and delt with him
No excuse

What if he came from a country where insults against a family meant you had to kill the person who insulted them. Would killing being OK ??

Any young players on here need to realise that this sort of thing is more common the higher the standard of football you play. It is likely you will hear this as you get holder and you have to learn to control yourself.

Materazzi got exactly what he was after. He upset ZZ enough so he wasn't thinking about football for a few seconds and thats all it took

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

I think materazzi got banned because the rules and image of the game are changing. All sports are trying to change their image to have aclean image.But I agree with El Maestro, Materazzi shouldn't have gottten banned. He was going to play in the Euro cup but he is banned from that.
Materrazzi deserves to be kicked out of football in itself! Do you not see how many fouls and just brutal things he's done to players (check out the thread Materrazzi:must watch clips). He's so horrible! and he said something pretty horrible if it provoked Zidane, of all people, to head butt him.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

"zidane, of all people"???? zidane has a pretty bad temper (and that's putting it lightly). over the course of his career, he's had almost 20 straight red cards, which for an attacking midfielder is A LOT.

i don't care what materazzi has done any other times in his career, there are plenty of players worse than him. maradona anyone? no wait, i forgot, he was the hero of a world cup, so he's exempt from criticism...
Hala Galacticos

ratherton
Veteran Member

cfrealmadrid wrote:"zidane, of all people"???? zidane has a pretty bad temper (and that's putting it lightly). over the course of his career, he's had almost 20 straight red cards, which for an attacking midfielder is A LOT.

i don't care what materazzi has done any other times in his career, there are plenty of players worse than him. maradona anyone? no wait, i forgot, he was the hero of a world cup, so he's exempt from criticism...
I'm more than happy to criticise that drug-taking, cheating dwarf at any opportunity.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

then there's at least two of us :)
Hala Galacticos

ronalldinyo
New User

one guy where i live wrote an article why americans dont like soccer and he used what happened in the world cup (head butting) its interesting how hockey players break others necks, and in baseball theres all those brawls but those are still popular. zidane made a big mistake and got kicked out (only cause the ref saw the big screen)

thrillboy
Veteran Member

Why does Zizou like to use his head?It's a powerful weapon!!! :shock: