CONGRATS ITALY

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

yeah it's all over this forum and the news what Materazzi said.

thierryhenry14

france should have won it because they got fouled a couple times in the box
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

Sometimes in football you just have to score goals -Thierry Henry-

fil10

soccerchic_06 wrote:
soccer101 wrote:Ok congrats zindane for blowing the game!
unless you know what was said to him, then i think you need to shut your mouth. Zidane had every right to stand up to Materazzi. He deserved that totally. And you can't blame one player for losing the game.
head butting him wasnt the greatest way to stand up. he could have took out his anger some other way. but ya u cant lose because of one player.
"The time you spent not practising, someone out there's becoming better than you"

tomsta911

italy desvered to win the world cup they beat Czech 2-0 Germany 2-0 they were of cousre the better side.

I think Marco Materazzi said son of a terrosist whore?
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

MBanić

tomsta911 wrote:italy desvered to win the world cup they beat Czech 2-0 Germany 2-0 they were of cousre the better side.

I think Marco Materazzi said son of a terrosist whore?
Italy did not deserve to win at all. What do the Czech have to do with it?

Datus
New User

Italy definately deserved to win. As they usually lose World Cups to PK's. They had a great team this time round. No hero's, their teamwork was excellent. Lippi was an excellent coach and strategist. The were my favorite team to watch without a doubt because they would strike out of nowhere and score. I also thought Germany played really well. Very strong. Italy vs Germany was an incredible game.

Italy vs France. France getting a PK 5min into the game was just tragic. Especially because Materazzi never touched the guy. But Italy did foul France in the box later in the game and weren't called on it so I guess that's moot.

Personaly I would have liked to see Italy play Brazil for the final, as I think it would have been a better game. Unfortunately France beat Brazil due to a bad call from the ref who granted France the goal when it was offsides. The refs let France have it vs Brazil, but took it away from Italy vs France even though it was an identical situation. I never imagined France would get as far as they did, and I don't think they should have beat Brazil. So I'm very glad Italy won. Granted Henry played very well, as did Zidane but I just thought France lacked team work.

4 World Cups. That's something to be proud of.

floater

tomsta911 wrote:
italy desvered to win the world cup they beat Czech 2-0 Germany 2-0 they were of cousre the better side.

Yeah and france beat spain 3-1 and brazil 1-0
and this italy team was probably the weakest in 20 years, Lippi is the main reason
italy from 02, 98, 94, 90 were all better
vieri, inzaghi, del piero>toni, gilardino
"In football, the greatest satisfaction is winning when they say you can't." - Robert Paul

FuturProo1996
Sophomore Member

i was happy when italy won! zidane's headbutt was so funny!! :lol: