CONGRATS ITALY

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
soccer101
New User

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS ITALY IN BEATING THE FRENCH!!!!!!!

MrSark

I think you mean congrats Trezeguet for losing it for the French.

soccer101
New User

Ok congrats zindane for blowing the game!

roxy
New User

i was so excited when they made the last goal i didn't want the french to win the kapt getting penalty's for hitting and tripping the other team so i think italy deserved it more than france. :D :D :D

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Don't blame trezeguet because hitting the bar is unfortunate and it could have went in like zidane's penalty did. You cant blame someone for hitting the bar. Especially Trezeguet because he didnt get much playing time during this world cup and i think he didnt have enough confidence.

You could blame zidane of course because what he did was unproffesional. People provoke alot especially Italians, but you've got to stay focused. Zidane had a great career with more good moments than bad ones so france cant really blame him.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

I wanted the French to win. It would have been a good ending to Zidane's career (but the idiot screwed that up), and I also thought the penalty scored by Totti against Australia was rubbish.

RonaldinhoSkills

I wanted France to win aswell... Italy winning means they are catching up to Brazil 5 wins, Italy 4 wins..

And Brazil is one out of the three teams I support lol
Remember... Never do a skill twice, always be creative, after that, you'll own.

soccer11
Admin

mna i was rooting for the french too but only so zidane could go out on top, too bad that didnt work out. but it was still a good game and i really have nothing against the italians but i just wanted the french to win.

scene

man seriously no one roots for italia....well i dunno ive always rooted for them and spain.... im proud for italia... so say what you want but i still think they're a great team. and everyone says all this crap about grosso, what about henry he dives alot too. anyway yeah im proud for italia.

EdotMiller7
New User

I wanted the french to win. I think when they play well, they playe more attractive football than italy. Not to mention it would have been a perfect retirement party for Zizou who has possibly been the best player of the last decade. Definetly the legend of my generation atleast.

Its ashame it had to end the way it did. This is no excuse, because there really can be no justification for what he did, but I get the feeling he had to have been provoked and rather harshly at that. Zidane has been known to lose his temper from time to time( who hasn't?), but usually is a rather calm player. For him to headbutt someone I beilieve is completely out of character for him. He had to have been provoked. However, I dont think any type of provocation warrants that kind of reaction, unless it was very very personal, and outside of football. Maybe a threat, or a racist comment(him being of Algerian descent) are all possibilities I have read about. Or maybe the provocation wasnt that bad at all, but he was just irritated and the fact that it was his last match and the pressure of winning just got to him until he just snapped. Hopefully we will know his rational, or his irrational in due time.

And to blame one single player for a result of a football match is stupid. Theres always something each individual player could have done better to get the result, always one little moment, a bad touch, an intercepted pass, and offsides call, a throw in, any of littlest incedent that could change the game completely. To blame the game on one player is ignorant and childish.

And personally, I have watched about 95% percent of the Arsenal games over the last four years. Thierry Henry is no diver. He plays just about a fair a game of football as is played these days. And trying to justify someones diving by pointing a finger at another is presschoolish. Just stop doing it. Its as simple as that.

Congrats to Italy, it was a pretty even game, i think the french had the better of the most part of it though. But Italy with there outstanding organization and defense, you can't say they were too unworthy of the title. I thought there were better teams in the Tournament who didnt make it to the final who were better than both Italy and France.....Argentina anybody?
One Love

lets keep the game beautiful.

pumapro10
New User

italy didnt even play that good france outplayed em the whole game its just trezeguy stinx

Ic3

gnarlyjim wrote:I wanted the French to win. It would have been a good ending to Zidane's career (but the idiot screwed that up), and I also thought the penalty scored by Totti against Australia was rubbish.
Alright, but let's say that they went into extra time, I think that Italy would still have won. Either way.
EdotMiller7 wrote:Argentina anybody?
EXACTLY! I do think that Italy was a good team to reach the final. I thought they played fairly well and their organization is amazing. They know how to play as a team. But Argentina should of made it as well, no doubt about it.

France got lucky getting so far. I think they should of got out in the group stages. They being the world cup winners in '98, should have creamed the people in their group, but they tie, not only once, but twice. They got lucky getting so far mainly on penalties, so I don't know if they deserved it.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

First of all France didnt outplay italy for the whole game. Italy dominated the first half and france got the rest of the game.

Someone mentioned Grosso so I'm just going to say this. He turned pro in his early 20's probably when he was 23. So its a great achievement for him to win the world cup now.

Trezeguet Does not stink. Only ignorant people would say that. He had a great career and is the one who scored a golden goal against Italy in the Euro 2000 Final. Hitting the bar is unfortunate how can you blame someone for hitting the bar? The goalie was already beat. I think it not trezeguet's fault its more like Domenech's fault because they had a misunderstanding and that caused the coach not to play Trezeguet during the whole competition. He only played against togo and a lil bit against sweden or korea. So he didnt have much confidence, and taking a penalty put a lot of pressure on him. He handled it pretty well because he beat the keeper, but the bar stopped the ball. and thats really unfortunate.

Italy was tired during the second half so they just tried to make it to the penalties and i say that they deserved to finally win after losing 3 finals, and getting knocked out by france in the 98 quarter finals on penalties, getting beat in the finals of the euro 2000, and after being knocked out by korea in the quarter finals. With the Calcio Poli investigation only 3 of them knew where they were going to play the next season and that put an enormous amount of pressure on them.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

soccer101 wrote:Ok congrats zindane for blowing the game!
unless you know what was said to him, then i think you need to shut your mouth. Zidane had every right to stand up to Materazzi. He deserved that totally. And you can't blame one player for losing the game.

edma
Sophomore Member

from newspaper yesterday, i read that matterazi said something bad to zidane. the rumours said that maybe matterazi said that zidane is terrorist and something bad about zidane mother and his sister. but matterazi denied the speculation. i didnt know either, but i think everybody will feel angry if someone say something bad about their beloved. so i dont know who is right..
i want to improve my football skill from dribling to shooting.plz help me...