Zidane wtf....

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
MBanić
Junior Member
Posts: 96
Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 15:52

Post

Everybody keeps posting stuff like

'I dont think he should've reacted like that.'

Seriously, what do you know how he felt in that moment. If you have no idea than dont say anything about it.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member
Posts: 315
Joined: 28 Jan 2005, 21:04
Location: NC, USA

Post

MBanić wrote:Everybody keeps posting stuff like

'I dont think he should've reacted like that.'

Seriously, what do you know how he felt in that moment. If you have no idea than dont say anything about it.
thank you

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member
Posts: 1921
Joined: 19 Feb 2005, 04:00
Location: Pittsburgh

Post

MBanić wrote:Everybody keeps posting stuff like

'I dont think he should've reacted like that.'

Seriously, what do you know how he felt in that moment. If you have no idea than dont say anything about it.
there's no excuse for what he did. if what materazzi said was really that bad that it warranted an attack, he should have been sent off as well. it sounds to me like you're condoning and justifying behavior like that. to me, that doesn't make sense. players should be able to keep their cool no matter what.
Hala Galacticos

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

cfrealmadrid wrote:
MBanić wrote:Everybody keeps posting stuff like

'I dont think he should've reacted like that.'

Seriously, what do you know how he felt in that moment. If you have no idea than dont say anything about it.
there's no excuse for what he did. if what materazzi said was really that bad that it warranted an attack, he should have been sent off as well. it sounds to me like you're condoning and justifying behavior like that. to me, that doesn't make sense. players should be able to keep their cool no matter what.
Wise words from one so young.

Zidane was completely out of order. I don't blame him for hitting Materazzi, you just make sure you do it when you aren't going to be caught

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member
Posts: 315
Joined: 28 Jan 2005, 21:04
Location: NC, USA

Post

ratherton wrote:
cfrealmadrid wrote:
MBanić wrote:Everybody keeps posting stuff like

'I dont think he should've reacted like that.'

Seriously, what do you know how he felt in that moment. If you have no idea than dont say anything about it.
there's no excuse for what he did. if what materazzi said was really that bad that it warranted an attack, he should have been sent off as well. it sounds to me like you're condoning and justifying behavior like that. to me, that doesn't make sense. players should be able to keep their cool no matter what.
Wise words from one so young.

Zidane was completely out of order. I don't blame him for hitting Materazzi, you just make sure you do it when you aren't going to be caught
Zidane had every right to do what he did, and more, considering what we know Materazzi said and what we don't know what he said. Materazzi deserves it from doing these horrible things/fouling to people in the past, and more. He should be kicked out of futbol itself (view the clips on Materazzi Must see clips in the forum). Zidane is justified. France sure isn't mad at him, so why should we?

XstaticX
Veteran Member
Posts: 302
Joined: 27 Nov 2005, 03:30

Post

cfrealmadrid wrote:
MBanić wrote:Everybody keeps posting stuff like

'I dont think he should've reacted like that.'

Seriously, what do you know how he felt in that moment. If you have no idea than dont say anything about it.
there's no excuse for what he did. if what materazzi said was really that bad that it warranted an attack, he should have been sent off as well. it sounds to me like you're condoning and justifying behavior like that. to me, that doesn't make sense. players should be able to keep their cool no matter what.
I'm justifying it. There are certain lines you don't cross. Like deep insults and attempts to injure your person. Seriously, would you let someone grab your nipple and then start talking about your mom?

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member
Posts: 1630
Joined: 25 Mar 2005, 19:39

Post

You can't really justify it because to be a profesionnal footballer you've got to have a strong mental and be able to focus on the game. What Zidane did was unnaceptable because it was unprofessional. I'm sure he's heard insults like those before. Cmon he played in Italy and Spain for a very long time he has heard that stuff before. I understand why he did it but it was wrong. The pressure of the match and things going on in his life made him do that but it was wrong. It was unprofessional. Now the whole world is saying he was right to do that because they like treating zidane like god. Especially in France I think they had surveys and he was the most loved person in france. Just because its Zizou doesnt mean it was right.

In competitive soccer there is alot of provocation and its up to you to keep a cool head. It doesnt work well all the time but it usually does if you are a good professional. Italians are very good at provoking and Zizou knew this. They just saw that he has a temper and took advantage of it. Same thing as Ronaldo and Rooney. You've just gotta understand what they are doing to you. People like criticizing Materazzi and they are right in saying that he is a very dirty player and doesnt set an example, but I think that he is one of those old style defenders. Its either the ball or the man, but not both at the same time.

Sabrinho
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Jul 2006, 01:59

Post

Zidane's mother is unwell ( rumored to have cancer i believe) and the fact that Materazzi, who lost his mom at age 15, to completely go out of line and insult a player like Zidane and his mom and sister is already worse than what Zizou did. Of course what Zidane did is horrible, but i believe he was justified. Sometimes there are things bigger than football or being a professional it's respect and standing up for ones values and Zidane has truly shown that he is beyond just an incredible footballer, he is a man who stands up for his family. And yes, i would have done the same thing. What i don't accept is the fact Materazzi denied insulting his mom, even Materazzi's dad said his son would never do such a thing and then Materazzi finally said he did say those insults in the FIFA testimonial. He's a liar and a dirty player.

LYM.randy
Senior Member
Posts: 145
Joined: 06 May 2006, 06:27
Location: washington DC

Post

violence is wrong PERIOD

even justified wars are only right in so far as they are the last option available to secure peace.

people need to stop getting their morality from dirty harry movies.

floater
Senior Member
Posts: 158
Joined: 16 Jul 2006, 21:37
Location: Ohio, USA

Post

yes violence is wrong
but sometimes that is the only way to get your point across

if someone keeps insulting you(like the way Materazzi did) and he doesnt shut up, u use violence to make the peace and show him whats up

just like in WWII, Germany didnt listen and Japan attacked, US gets involved to make the peace

sometimes there is no other way :!:

LYM.randy
Senior Member
Posts: 145
Joined: 06 May 2006, 06:27
Location: washington DC

Post

...

sometimes I wonder why I even try

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

floater wrote: just like in WWII, Germany didnt listen and Japan attacked, US gets involved to make the peace

sometimes there is no other way :!:
Zidane was wrong, you can't go around hitting players regardless what Materazzi said. You have to be mentally stronger than that. It happens in all sports, not just football

I can't believe you brought World War II into a discussion about someone getting upset cos he doesn't like what people are saying about him.

J
Admin
Posts: 1696
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post

floater wrote:yes violence is wrong
but sometimes that is the only way to get your point across

if someone keeps insulting you(like the way Materazzi did) and he doesnt shut up, u use violence to make the peace and show him whats up

just like in WWII, Germany didnt listen and Japan attacked, US gets involved to make the peace

sometimes there is no other way :!:
Using WWII to compare what happened with Zidane is just unrealistic.

There is a huge difference between verbal abuse and physical abuse. Zidane should not let some punk get to him with a few words.

There was aboslutely no excuse for Zidane did.
Last edited by J on 21 Jul 2006, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member
Posts: 1630
Joined: 25 Mar 2005, 19:39

Post

LYM.randy wrote:...

sometimes I wonder why I even try
I've been feeling the same thing these days too.

englishplayer
Senior Member
Posts: 166
Joined: 14 Feb 2006, 18:09

Post

I beleive that no matter what Materrazzi said what Zidane did was wrong. However, it will not change how I think of Zidane because I don't know exactly what Materrazzi said and I don't know what was really going on with him in that moment. He could have had certain things bothering him at that time and Materazzi just set him off even though I think what Zidane did was wrong I don't think of him differently and I don't blame him for it, it wasn't a heroic act I don't beleive but I don't think of him badly for it.

Post Reply