Zidane wtf....

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Bobton
Sophomore Member

I don't know much about Materazzi, I figured he said something to provoke him as Zidane was running away (Racial, about his kids, who knows) , but Zidane should have known better than that.

Wasn't impressed by Zidane at all

soccer11
Admin

o wow, that was unexpected. i really didnt think he would do that at such a big game. materazzi must've really said something bad, like about his mother or something like that. i dont know but i'm sure we'll find out soon when all this clears. for such a good game, too bad this will be what everyones talking about.

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

yes it was a racial slur the french players just told the french media so im trying to figure out wat exactly he said (its on wikipedia that he said a racial slur)

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Thats too bad that it was a racist comment, we went through the whole world cup without any real problems dealing with racism and its a shame that a player who is supposed to set the example is resorting to racism. I would expect racism from a rowdy fan, not a player. Perhaps Zidane was simply demonstrating how we must "headbutt" racism out of football.....ok nvm bad joke

EdotMiller7
New User

Thats certainly a shame if it was trully a racist comment. Racist comment or not, I dont think it warranted that kind of reaction. You think Zidane would be mature enough and experienced enough to look beyond such ignorance. I'm sure he has gotten just as bad and worse comments aimed toward him in the past.

However, I thought about this...If it were indeed racist, maybe he thought that the moment was much bigger than football. Maybe he was in complete control of his temper, and said screw it, i'm not letting him get away with a racist comment thinking hes right. He seemed pretty calm about the whole situation when you think about it. He walked away from the player at first it wasn't just a pure insinctive angry reaction...then turned and walked slowly back towards him...headbutted him, and slowly backed away. and when the ref showed him a red, he was obviously not happy about it but he put his arm around the ref and attempted to explain the situation....all rather calmly considering he just got a red card in the worse possible fashion..and it was the world cup final..and his last game. Hopefully we will find out the true story soon enough. So much goes on on the pitch that we dont know about it. We only get to see and hear so much. Our view of things looks so much different from our positions on our couches and lounge chairs. Up close and personal the story might be completely different than what we make it out to be. we'll see.
One Love

lets keep the game beautiful.

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

yea i really hope it did happen like that, alot of poeple r places on the net are saying he was saying racist things throughout the whole match about the french players and he just reacted.

Bobton
Sophomore Member

When he was walking away the camera panned away from Materazzi, and then Zidane suddenly turned and headbutted him. I figured that as Zidane was walking away Materazzi said something to him that just spurred his anger. He has been getting a lot of it in France as well, maybe it was just pent up in him.

If he did say a racial slur, Materazzi must have missed the message on the circular banner in the center of the field in every single game played at the World Cup.

FIFA needs someone that can read lips :0

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

P.Nedved wrote:zidane really shouldent have lost his temper that much.
but honestly matteratzi did a nice dive when he did butt him.
seriously like a person shouldent fall down that hard.
Finally, someone sees the situation like I did. Zidane should have no doubt gotten ejected, but Matterazi really exaggerated the contact. The way he fell made no sense compared to the contact that occured. He was hit dead center from the front of him, so in a scientifically correct world, he would have been knocked backwards instead of going straight off of the ground. The way it happened should only happen when someone's legs are taken out from under him, or maybe after being hit with an uppercut...

However, I would like to recognize Henry for dribbling through the entire Italian defense countless times and in general making them look kind of average. It's rare for a player to dribble through any defense once, but to dribble through the "best defense in the world" countless times is stuff of legend. It's a shame he didn't score, but even so this was one of the greatest performances of this world cup.
God damn brewery!!!

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

i know im posting alot on this subject lol it just kinda intrigues me why someone would do somthing like this i have found some quotes tho

Players blamed Materazzi for making sure that Zidane ended his sterling career under a cloud.

"When I see this, I want to smash his face," France defender William Gallas said

"He can leave with his head held high. The other one (Materazzi), even if he has won the cup, cannot. Because there is more to life than soccer," he said (trezequet)

that quote kind of helps this theory
However, I thought about this...If it were indeed racist, maybe he thought that the moment was much bigger than football. Maybe he was in complete control of his temper, and said screw it, i'm not letting him get away with a racist comment thinking hes right. He seemed pretty calm about the whole situation when you think about it. He walked away from the player at first it wasn't just a pure insinctive angry reaction...then turned and walked slowly back towards him...headbutted him, and slowly backed away. and when the ref showed him a red, he was obviously not happy about it but he put his arm around the ref and attempted to explain the situation....all rather calmly considering he just got a red card in the worse possible fashion..and it was the world cup final..and his last game. Hopefully we will find out the true story soon enough. So much goes on on the pitch that we dont know about it. We only get to see and hear so much. Our view of things looks so much different from our positions on our couches and lounge chairs. Up close and personal the story might be completely different than what we make it out to be. we'll see.
[/quote]

V1RTU4L
New User

there was an argument between zizou and materazzi before.
in fact first materazzi had his arm around zizou then they slowly walked and zizou said the first thing and wald away from him. then materazzi said something and zizou did get his freak on ...

i think if u can't handle the answer, then u should not swear or flame by yourself...

J
Admin

Now I know why Zidane really did it....

http://zidanewantscandy.ytmnd.com/

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Some people criticized zizou but you've got to understand that he is impulsive at times and this is not the first time he gets a red. Even though its not a good way to end his career he has brought more to football than most players. He is still a role model and he was under a lot of pressure from everybody. He was being unprofesionnal though because whatever someone tells you during a game you shouldnt hit him back. The italians are very good at provocation and i would have thought that zizou already knew this after playing in italy for such a long time. Maybe the pressure was too much for him. He deserved the red anyways.

Duffo

lmao J that is hilarious. Now i understand lol its all making sense now......

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I think it would have been better for Zidane to walk away from the situation and not get the red card, he should have kept his cool because winning the cup should be more important than getting revenge. Anyway, he should have stayed in and won the cup and then rub it in Materazzi's face, that way its a win win situation, you win the cup and you make your enemy feel like crap!

ratherton
Veteran Member

I've had one email containing what Materazzi was meant to have said and if it's true, I can fully understand why ZZ did him. It was worse than racial abuse...if it's true.

His agent has also said that Materazzi said something bad but ZZ may make a comment in a couple of days.

For now, I'm not going to say what the email said as it's pretty bad and could well be just a rumour.