Zidane wtf....

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
soccer101
New User

Why would he do that so stupid? To spear a guy like that , wow how classy. Just horrible.

ManUnut34
New User

I agree. what a way to end a career.....momentum changed as well. but oh well congrats italy. I thought they were gonna win anyways
"For The Love Of the Game"

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I think he did it cause Materazzi was pissin him off, i saw them talkin back and forth and Zidane seemed like he was getting agitated and so he headbutted him in the chest. I think Materazzi was provoking Zidane on purpose, trying to get him to do something stupid so he would get a red card.

P.Nedved

zidane really shouldent have lost his temper that much.
but honestly matteratzi did a nice dive when he did butt him.
seriously like a person shouldent fall down that hard.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

That was a terrible way to end his final match for France. Anything the italian player could have said couldnt have been bad enough to get a reaction like that. He headbutted him so hard, i dont think he even took a dive, he just fell from the contact. Haha
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

mrbeankid22

This surely will affect zidane's reputation as one of the football greats. Also a really questionable thing to do. Ending your career like that, also knowing your team needs you in the final minutes and for penalties. To bad the ref cant tell what mazzeratti said.

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

it is killing me to figure out what he said but i dont blame zidane just an unlucky game from france with trez hitting the post i dont really look at zidane ne diffrence well alot more diffrent.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

What an idiot. He is a jerk for making his team play short a man in extra time. Great end to your career, idiot.

englishplayer

I agree a terrible way to end a great career but he lost his temper and and did something stupid, so he deserved the red.

I was actually rooting for France but the only reason they even got to pks was because of a dive in the box (I like France but I don't think they deserved that goal)

J
Admin

englishplayer wrote:I was actually rooting for France but the only reason they even got to pks was because of a dive in the box (I like France but I don't think they deserved that goal)
Yeah but later on France actually did deserve a penalty kick and didn't get it. I think the ref didn't call it because of the first penalty he called, so I think 1-1 was a fair score at the end of the game.

As for Zidane, It was a stupid mistake, but it certainly doesn't take away from the player he is. I will always remember him as one of the best ever and a world class player. I have really enjoyed watching him play. He is a true inspiration for alot.

...in the us of a
New User

J said:As for Zidane, It was a stupid mistake, but it certainly doesn't take away from the player he is. I will always remember him as one of the best ever and a world class player. I have really enjoyed watching him play. He is a true inspiration for alot.

i totally agree. i bet he'll look back and regret that in a coulpe of years.

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Zidane is a player i've learned a lot from and i admire. It is disappointing to see him go off like that and I am sure the Italian provoked him big time.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

what an image of him just walking by the trophy. does anyone know why he did not come out for his medal
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

Sputnik

because if you are sent off you arent allowed to collect a trophy or medal in this case.

great player, idiot to get sent off, it all couldve been so different

IM THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Digidaygo
New User

honestly, both zidane and materazzi have a history of foul play. materazzi most likely used a racial slur. both men showed no class, thus the booing you heard in the backround when italy would attack with the ball. honestly, i expect this from them both. it was inevitable that they exchange words. the upset lies in trez missing his pk by two inches. the world cup at two inches. if france had played trez earlier and pushed 4-3-3 when viera was pulled, i think they would have run with it. pity, but it's all in the run of play.