Australia vs Italy

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
JDTRIXTA

Post by JDTRIXTA » 28 Jun 2006, 07:18

Italy are all a bunch of girls they have a cry every time we evan touched your players in the game. and that penalty decision was bulls**t thers grosso ran straight into Lucas Neil. We wood of won the game in extra time and we wer all over the italians and shood of done better considering we were ranked 43 in the world.

V1RTU4L
New User

Post by V1RTU4L » 28 Jun 2006, 11:10

lol,
all complain about italians are playing like girls, but who are people that cry ... U here in forum ... *lmao*

the Aussies had never scored a goal even if the game would last 5 hours.
The Squadra Azzurra had way better opportunities to score, so stop crying ...
u sound just like jealious fools

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 28 Jun 2006, 14:28

Umm, yes. I'm crying my eyes out. In fact, I'm desparing so much I think I might slit my wrists. Really. :roll:

It's well known that the Italian game is rife with gamesmanship, and they are regarded as being one of the worst teams for play acting in the world. There domestic league is rife with it, more so than any other.

At the end of the day, Grosso knew what he was doing. It was a penalty, but he could have easily stepped over Neill. He saw the defender slide in front of him, and knew immediately that if he ran ito his body and fell, it would be a penalty. So he did. Whether that is "cheating" or not is a bit subjective, but it is fairly dishonest, in my humble opinion.

And please try not to call other members "jealious fools" and people that cry. It's not very nice and I wouldn't want to have to get my Crunching 2-Footed Challenge of Post Deletion out on yo ass, if you continued being insulting to other members. A bit of light banter is fine, but there is no need to insult others.

Thank you.

V1RTU4L
New User

Post by V1RTU4L » 28 Jun 2006, 16:29

Magicfeet wrote: At the end of the day, Grosso knew what he was doing. It was a penalty, but he could have easily stepped over Neill. He saw the defender slide in front of him, and knew immediately that if he ran ito his body and fell, it would be a penalty. So he did. Whether that is "cheating" or not is a bit subjective, but it is fairly dishonest, in my humble opinion.
i totally agree to that statement so far that it was a PK and Grosso knew that if he would let himself fall over the defender a PK would be rewarded.
I think it is a bit to much to say this is unfair play. You can always play on, when someone kicks/tackles you and try to score a goal. A fine situation .. someone fouls u and u play on, don't score the goal because u get illegaly pushed away or your feet do hurt so much u dont pull of a good shot... but well ... u do fair play ... the other one laughs at you, because he got through with his dirty tricks and you are the loser in this situation.

the only one who is to blame in this situation is neill. if he would not have acted like a C-grade soccer player there wouldn't have been a PK. Grosso surely thought that the chances of being awarded a pk and scoring that are greater than avoiding neills body and shooting, so he did what gave them the better opportunity to score.

I don'T think many players would have jumped over Neill and tried to score a goal.

I'm pretty impressed that a defender like Grosso is so skilled to use such opportunity to get a PK. I bet must defenders would have tried to shoot but would not score

Magicfeet wrote: And please try not to call other members "jealious fools" and people that cry. It's not very nice and I wouldn't want to have to get my Crunching 2-Footed Challenge of Post Deletion out on yo ass, if you continued being insulting to other members. A bit of light banter is fine, but there is no need to insult others.
that reads a bit biased ... so insulting people u don't even know (Players from Italy) and who don't read this is ok, but answering to those infantile postings where the person who is responded to can give his opinion is not ok .... well ... that may be your opinion .... think about it.

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 28 Jun 2006, 16:54

I take your point, but also consider this...

These Italian players will never red this, but even if they did, the have much worse things written about them in the mainstream press. They've had it since they became footballers, and are used to great media attention and criticism. That's not to say it's right, but that's the way it is in the modern day.

As for on the forum, I'm just trying to keep the place a friendly, jolly kind of place where we can all and have a nice chat about football without having to insult each other. Everybody is more than welcome to their opinion, but try not to directly insult people... flame wars aren't pretty. Don't take this to be me saying your wrong, but try to understand my point of view: I'm just trying to make sure no large scale arguments arise.

JDTRIXTA's post was an unfair one, granted, but when somebody has a post rating (the red stars under his name) of 1, you know not to expect the best of posts from them. Just ignore comments like that, or put your point forward in a less confrontational way. :wink:

Welcome to the forums, by the way. :)

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 28 Jun 2006, 19:30

how do you rate posts?

and back on subject....
bottom line
Italy is too much of a sissy to get what they want without using dirty tricks. It's been that way and probably won't change.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 28 Jun 2006, 19:33

i think its only moderators and expert that can rate posts. they changed it because people created multiple accounts and started giving their own posts 5s all the time.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 29 Jun 2006, 00:38

*~El Maestro~* wrote:i think its only moderators and expert that can rate posts. they changed it because people created multiple accounts and started giving their own posts 5s all the time.
ooh, okay. thanks ;)

yeah Italians won't win. They don't deserve it at all. It just wouldn't be right. And i feel so sorry for anyone who has to play against them. They have to have some patience too not just punch them in their face in the middle of the game :lol:

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 29 Jun 2006, 11:52

The thing is also is that the Italians have had the easiest ride so far to the quarters.

Moderate group.

Australia. Underrated before the match.

Ukraine. No comment, after watching the Swiss game.

V1RTU4L
New User

Post by V1RTU4L » 29 Jun 2006, 13:23

i guess u forgot one team ...
germanys way to the current stage was easier.

poland has not been able to meet the expectations
ecuador has was average against the other weak teams
costa rica was cannon fodder

italy has some great players and the only thing that can be said against them is that they dont play the way the could/should ... (according to the potential)

but wait ... here we got another team that does the same.
Brasil ... scores goals but plays ugly and way behind the expectations ... who cries about that ?? no-1 !

If u try to tell the value of one team u should take the other teams matches in consideration

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 29 Jun 2006, 21:08

but wait ... here we got another team that does the same.
Brasil ... scores goals but plays ugly and way behind the expectations ... who cries about that ?? no-1 !
what do you mean?

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 29 Jun 2006, 21:34

i think hes saying that brazil has great potential and excellent players, but currently they cant live up to the potential of thier players. that they arent playing at a skill level equal to that of their players.

i think hes saying that their play isnt beautiful but they still manage to score and play at a level way below what we expect of them. but nobody says anything about that because its brazil.

and if u want to know how good a team is you should compare its matches to the matches of other teams.

is that what you were trying to say V1RTU4L?

V1RTU4L
New User

Post by V1RTU4L » 29 Jun 2006, 21:43

yes, that'S pretty much what i meant to say ...

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 30 Jun 2006, 21:26

ahh okay. i gotcha. personally, though, I don't see any team living up to their potenitial. If they all did, this would be a much more exciting world cup (except for the refs calling every little touch a red card)

V1RTU4L
New User

Post by V1RTU4L » 30 Jun 2006, 22:06

i guess in the past there were not so many tactical boundaries, so that the world cups earlier than 1994 were more fun to watch.
There were more teams that just tried to score as many goals as possible and not just try to avoid getting an goal against them.