Australia vs Italy

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
interista

Australia vs Italy

Post by interista » 26 Jun 2006, 17:35

italy won (like everyone expected) though it was an ugly. the ref who gave out a lot of yellow cards :? and a red to materazzi that should have been a yellow :?. and then at the end of the game the foul (???wasn't really a foul) in side the penalty box to give italy a penalty kick to end the game

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 26 Jun 2006, 17:40

Materazzi deserved to go. He just lunged at the player with no intention or likelyhood of getting the ball. The Aussie lad was lucky he wasn't badly hurt.

The penalty decision was a joke

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 26 Jun 2006, 17:41

all i saw was the PK at the end (at orthodonist) and I'm really pissed that he called that a foul. Australia had that game in the bag. They could have won. these refs are really bad!

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 26 Jun 2006, 18:00

materazzi deserved the red, but the australians couldnt take advantage of the situation.

australia kept possesion but couldnt use it very well. its like their only way to score was to cross it towards viduka. they almost scored on a couple of occasions, but dont have the experience that the italians had. the italians messed up their chances too because of a very strong defence and a good goalie.

even though the italians were down and were only ten men they still managed to not take any goals. but if they had gone into extra time i think the australians would have scored because the italians were getting tired.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 26 Jun 2006, 20:04

I can't stand Italy. They are the biggest divers in the world. If Del Piero rolls around on the ground holding his shin one more time after he has merely tripped over his own feet I am going to go crazy.

That pk was a disgrace, although I can see why the referee called it. Apparently at Italy's training sessions they practice diving inside the penalty area every day, so they are practically experts at it.

They are the kind of team that makes soccer haters never want to watch, because they turn on the tv and there's someone rolling in the ground screaming when they clearly weren't touched. I'm one fourth Italian, but I hope they get destroyed by Ukraine or the Swiss.
Click it

rootbeer556
New User

Post by rootbeer556 » 26 Jun 2006, 20:04

one word...Amazing game and nice one Totti.

jthursto

Post by jthursto » 26 Jun 2006, 20:30

ajc wrote: Apparently at Italy's training sessions they practice diving inside the penalty area every day, so they are practically experts at it.
Is that legit info or just sarcasm?

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 26 Jun 2006, 21:04

Ratherton posted this a couple of weeks ago, suggesting it was the Italian team, and after watching their matches I bet this is what they really do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRO626ImQek

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 26 Jun 2006, 21:18

no that was just a funny commercial the guardian made before the euro 2004.

but ur right. they probably do that. there was this movie called Mean Machine where jail players did things like that. not diving but they were learning tons of dirty tricks.

englishplayer

Post by englishplayer » 26 Jun 2006, 21:23

Today I was at soccer camp but the when we were eating lunch our coaches but the game on so I all I really got to see was the red card and all I saw was a late tackle. I was hopin' Australia would have won that game and my Italian friend got the coaches to let him watch the whole game and he said that he even thought that the foul inside the box was a complete dive but he was happy that Totti scored anyways.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 26 Jun 2006, 21:46

ajc wrote:I can't stand Italy. They are the biggest divers in the world. If Del Piero rolls around on the ground holding his shin one more time after he has merely tripped over his own feet I am going to go crazy.

That pk was a disgrace, although I can see why the referee called it. Apparently at Italy's training sessions they practice diving inside the penalty area every day, so they are practically experts at it.

They are the kind of team that makes soccer haters never want to watch, because they turn on the tv and there's someone rolling in the ground screaming when they clearly weren't touched. I'm one fourth Italian, but I hope they get destroyed by Ukraine or the Swiss.
100% agree. I totally agree with that. I hate Italy because of the poor sportsmanship and dirty tricks. They better get killed by Ukraine!! :twisted:

DouDou

Post by DouDou » 27 Jun 2006, 00:47

I am not sure what kind of referees FIFA has been getting lately. But it looks like things have been going downhill for them.

interista

Post by interista » 27 Jun 2006, 04:41

i'm playing soccer here in italy. my coach always tells us that if the other team even bumps us the lightest bit we should fall. it's aweful though i dont do it

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 27 Jun 2006, 15:32

jthursto wrote:
ajc wrote: Apparently at Italy's training sessions they practice diving inside the penalty area every day, so they are practically experts at it.
Is that legit info or just sarcasm?
I can't prove anything yet, but I'm working on it. :wink:
Click it

Makka
New User

Post by Makka » 27 Jun 2006, 15:51

Italy deserved to win they created more chances better then austrialia.
Football is not just about Possession. Top teams including Arsenal who played bayer leverkusen last season had only 25% Possession and scored 3 goals