USA vs Italy

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
JDTRIXTA

Post by JDTRIXTA » 18 Jun 2006, 09:48

peps1154 wrote:If the points and goal diffrence are the same then they look at the teams results vs each other and if that was a draw then they flip a coin.
hahaha no they dont flip a coin how stupid do you think they are. If the goal difference is evan then then go on the amount of red cards you got then yellow cards that if for some weird reason it is still evan after that the team with the most amount of corners proceeds. And with the yellow and red cards its better to have the least amount if u didnt figure that out . :wink:

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 18 Jun 2006, 10:06

JDTRIXTA wrote:
peps1154 wrote:If the points and goal diffrence are the same then they look at the teams results vs each other and if that was a draw then they flip a coin.
hahaha no they dont flip a coin how stupid do you think they are. If the goal difference is evan then then go on the amount of red cards you got then yellow cards that if for some weird reason it is still evan after that the team with the most amount of corners proceeds. And with the yellow and red cards its better to have the least amount if u didnt figure that out . :wink:
Peps1154 is right, if they can't split the teams based on about 6 other criteria, they will draw lots. It won't happen though

I put a link a couple of posts ago to the official FIFA regulations

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 18 Jun 2006, 11:16

I didn't see the game but it seemed pretty dirty with De Rossi an' all. I think that all of the red-cards were justified though.

I liked it after the game when the USA said "The Italy players dove all the time" lol! Mate, it is called 'English' and 'dove' is not the past tense of 'dive', it is: 'they dived'. Somebody teach the Americans English!!!
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 18 Jun 2006, 12:41

that game was a little messed up. the usa surprised me and showed me that they can actually play ball. i think that the elbow should have been perhaps a yellow card even though a red was deserved. the first US red card should have been a yellow but not a red. there was no verbal warning before it. i guess the second red card was deserved as it was two yellows and it was from behind.

now this group is going to be very very interesting. i hope ghana makes it through.

now all teams are playing for qualification next match. its gonna be hot. i wonder how its going to turn out.

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 18 Jun 2006, 14:18

*~El Maestro~* wrote: i think that the elbow should have been perhaps a yellow card even though a red was deserved
Err..this doesn't make sense :? You think that it deserved a red, but it deserved a yellow??? Ok...

Anyway, moving on. I thought that it was a horrific elbow, and they should always be condemned. The fact that De Rossi complained after was even more ridiculous.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 18 Jun 2006, 15:02

i mean that it is normal that the elbow gets a red card. he deserved a red card. but i would have gave it a yellow instead.

owensglory

Post by owensglory » 18 Jun 2006, 15:34

the elbowing make many italian fans feel embarrassing.

are the italian players so rude?the world will ask this question

socR

Post by socR » 18 Jun 2006, 20:44

i bet if usa had those two players that didnt deserve red cards, they would've won.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 19 Jun 2006, 01:26

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:I liked it after the game when the USA said "The Italy players dove all the time" lol! Mate, it is called 'English' and 'dove' is not the past tense of 'dive', it is: 'they dived'. Somebody teach the Americans English!!!
This is from dictionary.com:

Usage Note: Either dove or dived is acceptable as the past tense of dive. Usage preferences show regional distribution, although both forms are heard throughout the United States. According to the Dictionary of American Regional English, in the North, dove is more prevalent; in the South Midland, dived. Dived is actually the earlier form, and the emergence of dove may appear anomalous in light of the general tendencies of change in English verb forms......

........bla bla bla, it keeps going with other examples and stuff but you get the idea.

And about the coin flip scenario, has it ever happened?
Click it

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 19 Jun 2006, 08:59

ajc wrote:This is from dictionary.com:
You do realise that this is ".com", hence american, right???
ajc wrote:According to the Dictionary of American Regional English,
Err, this is also clearly American. The English don't say "dove" because it isn't a word. The Americans have taken our language, claimed it is theirs, and twisted it. I remember when some American guy came on Jonathan Ross, and said something like "Why don't you guys call it the elevator, and the sidewalk????", and Ross said "Because it is our language!" I hate Americans when they do that. Dove is not a word in English!

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 19 Jun 2006, 11:28

Dove is not a word in English!
I thought it was some kind of bird? You know, those f**k off 30ft ones from Ghana, the ones that carry off cars 'n' stuff.

But yeah, Americans claiming the English say things wrong is just stupid. At the end of the day, it's best to view "American" as a different accent of the English language, with variations on words (as there is in every dialect/accent).

Dove is in the Oxford Dictionary though, even if it is an American word... so maybe it can be seen as English? After all, English is pretty much a mish-mash of every other language ever conceived of anyway! :)

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 19 Jun 2006, 15:26

Magicfeet wrote:[
But yeah, Americans claiming the English say things wrong is just stupid.
I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm saying both words are okay. And the announcers are American, so you can't expect them to say the British way of saying it, they are going to say it like we do in the states! So i'm guessing that in England you had the same announcers as we do?
Click it

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 19 Jun 2006, 15:36

ajc wrote:
I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm saying both words are okay. And the announcers are American, so you can't expect them to say the British way of saying it, they are going to say it like we do in the states! So i'm guessing that in England you had the same announcers as we do?
Typical egoistic Americanism once again. Of course we don't have the same "announcers". America TV and Sports stays in America. We have our own 'announcers' that actually know about football. You are not world-wide. I don't believe that they are even called 'announcers' in fact.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 19 Jun 2006, 16:02

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:
ajc wrote:
Typical egoistic Americanism once again. Of course we don't have the same "announcers". America TV and Sports stays in America. We have our own 'announcers' that actually know about football. You are not world-wide. I don't believe that they are even called 'announcers' in fact.
Dude calm down! I thought it was someone from England who first brought up the whole commentator saying dived or dove. I was just thinking that there are three games a day, they are all on espn, maybe they decided to use the same commentators for two english speaking areas once in a while. In fact, for some of the games we've had British commentators here in america.

And I was going to say that if you had to listen to our retarded American commentators then that would really suck because they know nothing about the sport and they don't even realize what's going on on the field half the time. I wish we had British commentators!
Click it

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 19 Jun 2006, 16:13

ajc wrote:
Wiseman_philosopher wrote:
ajc wrote: I'm not saying anyone is wrong, I'm saying both words are okay. And the announcers are American, so you can't expect them to say the British way of saying it, they are going to say it like we do in the states! So i'm guessing that in England you had the same announcers as we do?
Dude calm down! I thought it was someone from England who first brought up the whole commentator saying dived or dove. I was just thinking that there are three games a day, they are all on espn, maybe they decided to use the same commentators for two english speaking areas once in a while. In fact, for some of the games we've had British commentators here in america.

And I was going to say that if you had to listen to our retarded American commentators then that would really suck because they know nothing about the sport and they don't even realize what's going on on the field half the time. I wish we had British commentators!
lol kl. But yeh, I am from England, and I was the one that brought this up, and if you go to the previous page or w/e, then you will notice that I said that it was your captain Reyna who made the comment, and that commentators have nothing to do with this at all.