Ghana

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

the game went pretty badly for ghana

ronaldo scored a beautiful goal after getting a through pass from kaka and eliminating the goalkeeper with a step over.

then from the 23rd minute on to the end of the first half ghana were dominating. they had more ball possesion and had much more opportunities to score. however dida blocked the shots that were on target. the ghanian attack isnt very accurate and they mess up too many chances. they arent experienced enough and couldnt take their chances so they got elimanted. they could have won the game but their defence played peculiarly and their attack cant score.

the defence was playing an offside trap for i believe the first time during this tournament. they made a lot of errors while aligning themselves and the brazilians profited.

they had a formation i dont recognize though. they had 2 players behind their defence and were still playing an offside trap. so the brazilian players took advantage of the bad alignment and scored.

however the ref was very severe and ended up giving i think 8 yellow cards and one red card. the red card was justified because asamoah gyan dived in the penalty box and that was his second yellow card. however there were many yellow cards that were too severe. the ref was clearly favoring brazil and the linesman had a bad day because two of the goals were offsides.

so in the end i would say that ghana deserved a 2-1 victory. or at least deserved scoring one goal. they werent experienced enough and hopefully next time they can go further in the world cup.

hustler89
Veteran Member

ajc wrote:Yea ummm, last time I checked this thread was labeled Ghana, right?

Or was it called hustler89 Versus Wiseman Philosopher in the ultimate battle of analyzing eachothers posts?

Maybe you guys should just throw down fisticuffs and get it over with, jk :wink:
Well its second nature for wiseman to analyse someone's post word for word, letter for letter.

Well, I hate to say I told you so.......But I did.
So until our next full-on debate wiseman.. 8)

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

so in the end i would say that ghana deserved a 2-1 victory. or at least deserved scoring one goal. they werent experienced enough and hopefully next time they can go further in the world cup.
yes, I think they did a very good job for their first or so appearance in the cup. Hopefully next time they'll do better. They're fun to root for, because it seems they play fair [and don't "fall" everywhere or do dirty tricks]

ratherton
Veteran Member

soccerchic_06 wrote:
They're fun to root for, because it seems they play fair [and don't "fall" everywhere or do dirty tricks]
Didn't they get a player sent off (2nd yellow) for diving trying to get a penalty (maybe they should watch the Italians, they are the experts)

I do agree, Ghana did very well. They caused Brazil loads of problems and if they had been more composed in front of goal, they possibly could have caused an upset

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

yea, he dived very badly though. even i could have done a better job.

the big problem with ghana in the first half is that they dont have any real strikers. that can score with one opportunity or 2.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

haha i didn't know that!! *wasn't here to see the game*
Let me go check this out on sportcenter.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

haha you mean the one in the 81st minute?? HAHA that was really funny fake! He didn't do a good job there. I didn't know they could redcard a player for faking it though?

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i thought ghana had the better game for much of the 90 minutes, but brasil capitalized and played better defense. what it came down to was luck mostly, and it was brasil's day. great game and great tournament overall from ghana, but in the end they couldn't finish. there's no shame in losing to brasil, and i'm confident ghana will be back in 2010
Hala Galacticos

ratherton
Veteran Member

soccerchic_06 wrote:haha you mean the one in the 81st minute?? HAHA that was really funny fake! He didn't do a good job there. I didn't know they could redcard a player for faking it though?
No, you should only get a yellow card for diving. It's a very stupid thing to do if you already have 1 yellow card

V1RTU4L
New User

ghana play nicely ... until the point the come near the opponents goal.
i think their strikes need to improve the shooting technique ... watching them play looks like strikers from the lowest league in germany try to score a goal ... really crap

the rest seems to be ok

i did not watch for the defenders exactly, when ronaldo scored his first goal, but i think if the defenders would have run at 100% pace the would have gotten ronaldo before he went by the goalkeeper.

u can see that ronaldo is so slow while running, that the first defender of ghana came close to 1 meter or so when ronaldo shot the ball into the goal.