Ghana

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Wiseman_philosopher

Big up to Ghana after today, fantastic win.

To be honest, I had high hopes for Ghana after the Italy game and I immediately became a fan. But obviously I have left my shout too late lol, and now everyone is aware of their potential :oops:

I reckon Ghana will go to the quarter-finals at least.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Great result. Czech Republic are a good team and for Ghana to come out on top was fantastic.

Essien and Appiah were brilliant against Italy, but today I think thw whole team played out of their skin.

Great stuff! 8)
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

peps1154
Veteran Member

I love the way they play, very entertaining stuff. However I also like the Czechs so I would be happy if either of the teams advanced. Italy didnt impress.

spectacles boy

the best player is Muntari........he is like the new Adedi Pele

Magicfeet

Ghana has played dang well so far... though I didn't like seeing them beat my beloved Czech Republic. :cry:

Incidentally, for those of you who care, I am eligible to play for Ghana. Considering I've never been there, I don't feel much national pride or have any feelings (bar ambivalence) for the country whatsoever. But still... it's kinda kooky. :lol:

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Magicfeet wrote: Incidentally, for those of you who care, I am eligible to play for Ghana.
thanx, i had been wondering if you were eligible to play for Ghana all week! lol, jk :wink:

Magicfeet

Well, when I kept getting stopped on the street by all these punkass kids asking "Excuse me, but do you qualify to compete for an African nation in some manner of sporting event?", I thought I had better clear the matter up once and for all. 8)

ajc
The Philly Flyer

haha, I get asked that all the time too. :lol:

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

magicfeet...is ghana interested in u at any level?

i love the way that theyve been playing, but i hope that clown who brought out the israeli flag gets taken out hard
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

ajc
The Philly Flyer

ROIUSA wrote:magicfeet...is ghana interested in u at any level?

i love the way that theyve been playing, but i hope that clown who brought out the israeli flag gets taken out hard

John Paintsil took out the Israeli flag because he plays for Hapoel Tel Aviv (in Israel) and wanted to show support for his club team's fans. I know it wasn't very good because of politics and the Ghana government and everything, but he didn't even think about that, he just wanted to thank his fans. From his point of view it was a sign of gratitude towards his supporters, so why do you want him taken down hard?

Magicfeet

Do Ghana want me? Not as far as I know... maybe I should write their FA a letter, offering my services? I could be the new Michael Cauc-Essian. :oops:

I'm so, so sorry. :wink:

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

well i dont wanna get into politics in a world cup board, but i know he plays in israel and the ghana FA or w/e said that he was ignorant to international politics...that bs, he fecking plays in israel he knows whats going on. if he took out a palestinian flag, he'd be labeled a terrorist supporter( PS i feel that israel is an illegal state, if u wanna debate, pm me or take it to off topic)

but back to football, i find them fantastic to watch, and they could have beaten czech 4-0 or 5-0 if it werent for cech and if that guy hadnt passed the ball when he shoulda taken it himself. US need to play cautiosly aggresive
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

hustler89
Veteran Member

Magicfeet wrote: I could be the new Michael Cauc-Essian. :oops:

I'm so, so sorry. :wink:
Hehe. So subtle, yet so obvious.

Abseloute comical genius.

Anyway, sorry to be the grim reaper, but I don't think Ghana will make it past the Group stages. Their finishin is not up to scratch.

They score around only 10% of the chances they get. That is not World Cup standard.
However, well done for the underdog victory against Czech Republic.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

[quote="hustler89

They score around only 10% of the chances they get. That is not World Cup standard. [/quote]

It's definately not world cup standard, but it may still be enough to beat the USA. They sure do fire a lot of shots over the bar though. It must be terribly frustrating for Ghanans (is that what they are called???).

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

ghanians i think. or something like that.

yes they may be able to beat the usa but if they do they will have trouble getting through the quarter finals.