peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 16 Jun 2006, 02:04

I know for a fact that ratheron is...

hustler89
Veteran Member

Re: WORLD CUP TICKETS !!!!

Post by hustler89 » 16 Jun 2006, 09:34

JDTRIXTA wrote:hey.... is any one here going to any of the games in the world cup :?:
You want to buy Ratherton's tickets? :lol:

You can read his Worlc Cup match experiences and blog one of these:

[url]http://www.2006-worldcup.biz
http://thewhitepele.blogspot.com/[url]

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 16 Jun 2006, 15:31

I'll do my Nuremburg one when I've calmed down a bit

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

JDTRIXTA

Post by JDTRIXTA » 17 Jun 2006, 10:13

nah its alright i wasnt looking to buy any just wondering who is going to any particular game ? when australia holds the world cup in 2018 i think it is i am definitly going to a match.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 17 Jun 2006, 10:15

It'll be back in Europe in 2018

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 17 Jun 2006, 20:58

when will it be on this continent?

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 17 Jun 2006, 21:00

^^^^^^^^

The next World Cup is in South Africa 2010.

The World Cup after that is yet to be decided.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 17 Jun 2006, 21:21

After South Africa were cheated out of hosting this years tournament, Blatter said the competition will be rotated around the continents.

As already said, 2010 will be held in the South Africa. 2014 will be decided in 2008 but it is widely expected to be in South America, probably Brazil.

Personaly, I would expect it to be in Europe in 2018 as a quarter of the worlds countries play within UEFA. However, it'll be decided by politics and vote-rigging - the same as normal.

If you are interested in what I meant about South Africa being cheated out of hosting it this year, read on:

The host is decided by considering all bids (usually 4 or 5) and then voting to elimate them one at a time. It is generally accepted that if say there are 2 UEFA countries competing, if one gets elimated from the voting, their voters will back the other UEFA candidate in the later voting rounds.

When Blatter was due for re-election, he promising both Germany and Africa, the 2006 tournament would be held there if they voted for him. When Africa vote, they always back other African countries. A victory for one on the world stage, is a victory for all.

24 men are involved in the voting and the final round came down to a choice between South Africa and Germany. In the event of a 12-12 vote, Blatter, as head of FIFA, would have to decide (remember he promised both these countries the tournament so it would be an interesting decision).

As lobbying was going on for votes, it was widely acknowledged that the voting would go 12-12, meaning Blatter would have to decide. The night before the official vote, one of the 24, Charlie Dempsey from New Zealand announced he was going to abstain from voting. He was one of the 12 for South Africa meaning Germany would win the vote 12-11 and more importantly, it meant Blatter would not have to decide, thus saving face.

When asked why he didn't vote, Dempsey said his lawyers had advised him not to as whatever he did, he would be accused for taking bribes. In the earlier voting rounds he had backed England's bid and then switched to South Africa after England were eliminated. So Dempsey had voted in the earlier rounds but failed to do so at the most important time.

Snoopyx623

Post by Snoopyx623 » 17 Jun 2006, 21:23

hustler89 wrote:^^^^^^^^

why in south africa? well maybe thats kool cuz alot of the african teams qualified so i think that would b a nice reward.... dont you think?

JDTRIXTA

Post by JDTRIXTA » 24 Jun 2006, 06:28

Snoopyx623 wrote:

why in south africa? well maybe thats kool cuz alot of the african teams qualified so i think that would b a nice reward.... dont you think?

No i don't think we should have the next world cup in south africa since they don't have the number of stadiums to hold the world cup and all the spectators. also that means south africa will automatically qaulify which will be an easy win for most teams. and 2018 world cup is most likely not going to be in Europe because every 1 is already saying it will be in Australia.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 04 Jul 2006, 18:44

JDTRIXTA wrote:
Snoopyx623 wrote:

No i don't think we should have the next world cup in south africa since they don't have the number of stadiums to hold the world cup and all the spectators. also that means south africa will automatically qaulify which will be an easy win for most teams. and 2018 world cup is most likely not going to be in Europe because every 1 is already saying it will be in Australia.
Its already been decided that it's in South Africa. I was in Durban in 2003 for a game. They have some great stadia and hosted the Rugby World Cup without any problems a few years ago.

Yes, South Africa will be seeded but before 2002, people were saying South Korea weren't good enough to be seeded either

2018 won't be in Australia. They have chosen to be part of Asia now and the World Cup was in Asia in 2002. It will definitely be in Europe again in 2018. A quarter of the worlds national teams (53) play under UEFA. 2022 is more realistic for Australia.

worldcupsoccer
New User

Post by worldcupsoccer » 05 Apr 2010, 11:45

Snoopyx623 wrote:

The world's largest, most-watched football extravaganza. Staged across eight provinces, and nine host cities, almost half-a-million visitors are expected to experience the spectacle firsthand, while a worldwide, a television audience of between 35 and 40 billion "cumulative" viewers will witness the action and drama on screen.

The 2010 FIFA World CupTM is an unprecedented opportunity to make South Africa a more widely known and better understood destination that offers exceptional value for money and a quality travel experience, combined with a depth and breadth of activities and attractions that's hard to beat.

The ultimate goal of the 2010 FIFA World CupTM is to harness the power of football to create positive social change. An improved public transport system and better-skilled and equipped safety and security, health, emergency services, accommodation and tourism providers are just some of the lasting legacies of 2010.We have seen that last session the tickets are not available as compared to the demands but this South Africa FIFA management board have decided to organize phrase wise Football Tickets selling system,we expect this year all worldcup hunger people will get tickets.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 05 Apr 2010, 17:37

One question Spam boy

WTF is a "phrase wise Football Tickets selling system" !!!!

You ticket touts have sh*t out of luck - they can't give tickets away at the moment thanks to FIFA and Match rigging all the flight and accommodation prices.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 05 Apr 2010, 17:54

Topic locked. Quick, someone whip out the ban stick!

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!