Worst Piece of Officiating

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

interista wrote:i think the refs like the attention. they give out yellow cards so they can be seen on tv
:lol:
I think you're right!

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

i think that penalty was a real penalty. okay the player fell down easier than he should have, but the reason the ref gave a penalty is because as grosso was running past the australian defender the defender moved his arm and got in grosso's way. thats obstruction so thats why i think the penalty was justified. that ref was real good during the whole game and i think that's the only game that was monitored by a good ref.

ratherton
Veteran Member

*~El Maestro~* wrote:i think that penalty was a real penalty. okay the player fell down easier than he should have, but the reason the ref gave a penalty is because as grosso was running past the australian defender the defender moved his arm and got in grosso's way. thats obstruction so thats why i think the penalty was justified. that ref was real good during the whole game and i think that's the only game that was monitored by a good ref.
You are having a laugh.

Neill was lying on the ground and Gatusso just ran into him. It was a disgrace

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

That's not what I saw. I saw that the australian went for the ball as a slide tackle, and the italian player tripped over him. The Australian was going for a ball, therefore, it shouldn't be a foul. The Italian made a big scene over it like a crybaby, and turned it into what it wasn't. So he gets his free kick and goal, and makes a lot of people hate Italy because that was a pretty dirty trick

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

yea neil messed up his tackle and as grosso was getting past him i saw him move into grosso's way a little bit. i think thats what the ref was calling. even though grosso fell too easily it was still obstruction.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

*~El Maestro~* wrote:yea neil messed up his tackle and as grosso was getting past him i saw him move into grosso's way a little bit. i think thats what the ref was calling. even though grosso fell too easily it was still obstruction.
it was still a horrible call, and shouldn't have been called.

hustler89
Veteran Member

Wasn't it Laquinta??

Anyway, the Italian player obviously ran into Neil, and the stupidass referee called it.

Neil should have known that Italians will make a meal of every oppurtunity they get and he should have kept up, not slid.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

soccerchic_06 wrote:So he gets his free kick and goal, and makes a lot of people hate Italy because that was a pretty dirty trick
That made me hate Italy. I hope they get destroyed in the quarterfinals. If one of their players actually gets injured from a real foul, not these bs dives Italy always does, well they deserve it. I can't stand those cheating Italians! First they rig Serie A and now they ruin their matches in the world cup by diving every 2 seconds.

FIFA should tell the referees to never award free kicks to Italy because 90% of the time they are just diving. And in my mind diving is cheating. You are cheating your opponent, cheating the fans, and cheating the game.

englishplayer

The USA and Italy game I thought was awful especially the US's first red card. Then the Italy vs Australia game was no better. The Italians were diving the whole game and the PK was a completely awful call.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

the ref in the portugal holland game was not that bad. ya he handed out a rediculous amount of yellow cards, but most of them were warrented. the one robben got was defantly not one, and the guy who had his foot up that hit him was not one, becasue they both had their boots studs up so it cancels out. and i hope deco's card doesnt get over turned. hes an idiot to do what he did.
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

JDTRIXTA

englishplayer wrote:The USA and Italy game I thought was awful especially the US's first red card. Then the Italy vs Australia game was no better. The Italians were diving the whole game and the PK was a completely awful call.
Yer The Italians gota learn how to stand on their feat because every time they had a little cry and went to ground in the aus v italy game it slowed the match down and makes it less exciting. i definitly think the ref was sh*t and we shood still b in the world cup.

ratherton
Veteran Member

JDTRIXTA wrote:
englishplayer wrote:The USA and Italy game I thought was awful especially the US's first red card. Then the Italy vs Australia game was no better. The Italians were diving the whole game and the PK was a completely awful call.
Yer The Italians gota learn how to stand on their feat because every time they had a little cry and went to ground in the aus v italy game it slowed the match down and makes it less exciting. i definitly think the ref was sh*t and we shood still b in the world cup.
The Italians will say why should they stay on their feet as they got the penalty and they are in the QF?

It was a very poor decision