Best goal (2006 world cup)

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
ballackfan
Veteran Member

*~El Maestro~* wrote:as soon as maxi shot it i knew it was going in. i wonder if he's naturally left footed because if hes not then it makes the goal even more spectacular than it is.
Why would it be more spectacular, wouldn't it be luckier of he's not left footed. Great goal but I doubt much about skill, Argentine first goal really from long distance in quite sometime, they are not so good at long range shots.

J
Admin

ballackfan wrote:Why would it be more spectacular, wouldn't it be luckier of he's not left footed. .
Not at all. It would mean that he has great technique with his weaker foot, which does make it "spectacular" in alot of ways. It had hardly anything to do with luck. It was some great skill.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Yeah Maxi Rodriguez's goal was amazing, he chested that ball so well and i didnt even expect him to shoot on net. The goal caught me by surprise and was a absolutely wonderful strike, my favorite goal of the world cup 2006

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

the crazy thing about that goal is that he didnt even look in the direction of the goal before he shot. his eyes were always on the ball. he knew exactly where the goalposts and the goalie were before he controlled the ball. i dont know if you guys noticed it or not but i thought that was remarkable.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

*~El Maestro~* wrote:the crazy thing about that goal is that he didnt even look in the direction of the goal before he shot. his eyes were always on the ball. he knew exactly where the goalposts and the goalie were before he controlled the ball. i dont know if you guys noticed it or not but i thought that was remarkable.
Exactly. Thats why i didnt think he would shoot, i thought he would look for a pass because he wasnt looking at the goal. Thats what made it such an amazing goal, unexpected

Duffo

Beckhams freekick has to be a contender for the best goal or atleast top 5 because he scored it under enormus pressure and he wasnt feeling too good as he was sick straight after he scored lol His 1st freekick scored for england in 3 years :D

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

i think the italian goal by grosso should be one of the best.

when you think about it you may say its a simple goal wich isnt outstanding because it didnt have 26 passes in it or because it wasnt a shot from 40 meters out.

but what pirlo did in the box was oustanding. it was playmaking that rivals zidane's playmaking.

he got the ball and acted as though he was going to pass it to his winger for the winger to cross it back into the box.

so he started going towards the winger and took 4 defenders with him.

then he slid a blind pass in between those defenders to assist grosso. grosso is a defender but still managed to curl the ball with his left foot around the goalie.

and he didnt even control it.

i think del piero's goal is real good too because gilardinho took two players with him and passed a blind pass to del piero who shot it into the top corner without controling it.

as soon as he saw lehman coming out he placed it perfectly in the second post. the goalie had no chance.

maybe these goals arent shots from the half way line but tactically they are gems.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i agree with grosso's goal. looking at that from a player's standpoint, it was such a great pass from pirlo, and a technically superb finish. probably not the #1 goal of the tournament, but it should be in the top 5.
Hala Galacticos

sumsoccerkid

im going with J. Coles goal. I think that was amazing strike..the distance and just the way it diped into the top corner.

KaMurder

frings shot in the opening game...

MrSark

Ronaldo's step over was the most beautiful goal of the World Cup.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Maxi Rodriguez for me. The Argentinian controlled a cross off his chest, and before it hit the ground, struck it into the far side of the goal. Stunning display of talent.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I would have to say Joe Cole and Frings, 1 and 2
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

edma
Sophomore Member

for me, there a lot of gerat goals, and this is my opinion

1. maxi Rodriguez
2. grosso
3. frings
4. gerard
5. kaka'
i want to improve my football skill from dribling to shooting.plz help me...

floater

maxi
the whole play was amazing,
a great mix of great teamwork and excellent individual talent