Best goal (2006 world cup)

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Duffo

At the end of each world cup theres always a very good selection of goals to look at and to choose your favourite. Also I recon that Match of the day might have a voting poll to see the nations favourite as well.

Anywayz the goals being scored this world cup have been simply amazing such as Rosickys against USA and Frings' goal against Costa Rica. Judging from the early standard set theres going to be some more amazing goals.

I thought in this topic you could post in your views on what your favourite goals are through out the tournament :D

J
Admin

Duffo wrote:Anywayz the goals being scored this world cup have been simply amazing such as Rosickys against USA and Frings' goal against Costa Rica. Judging from the early standard set theres going to be some more amazing goals.
I agree those are my two favorite goals as well. Alot of these goals have to do with this new ball. It has no seams, so it knuckles very well. A nightmare for keepers, but for the players with powerful shots it is excellent. It responds very well and true off your boot.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

How about Cahill's second vs. Japan, it hit both posts! Plus it was the most clutch situation out of any goal thus far. I started watching the game not knowing who I would cheer for, but after that goal and that performance I'm a socceroo for the rest of the world cup.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

ya cahill's fring's or roscikys
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

JDTRIXTA

:) Go the Auzzies !!!! Tim Cahill's goals was awesume. :wink:

soccer11
Admin

i think the best goal was the first goal, the one by Lahm. He just cut in and curled it into the top right corner. beautiful

ajc
The Philly Flyer

oh man, Spain just put in a fourth and it was a beauty. A perfect header from Puyol to torres for a brilliant volley. Excellent set up and perfect finish

Duffo

ajc wrote:oh man, Spain just put in a fourth and it was a beauty. A perfect header from Puyol to torres for a brilliant volley. Excellent set up and perfect finish
Yea i just watched that game and that was a really good goal. Not only because of the finish but because of the build up! I hope Man Utd buy Fernando Torres, hes a class act :D

hustler89
Veteran Member

For me, so far the order is:

1. Frings
2. Rosicky (1st goal)
3. Rosicky (2nd)
4. Kaka
5. Lahm

The most boring match so far is the Saudi Arabia-Tunisia. I was watcching for the first ten minutes, then got bored, so came on EF.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Duffo wrote:
ajc wrote:oh man, Spain just put in a fourth and it was a beauty. A perfect header from Puyol to torres for a brilliant volley. Excellent set up and perfect finish
Yea i just watched that game and that was a really good goal. Not only because of the finish but because of the build up! I hope Man Utd buy Fernando Torres, hes a class act :D
That was definately "joga bonito". I just saw the replay, it was Puyol with the Maradona spin followed by 4 one touch passes and a first time shot. It was perfect! :D That was the best team play I've seen in the world cup so far.

peps1154
Veteran Member

My ranking, each one of these goals was great

1.Frings
2.Rosicky (1st goal)
3.Lahm
4.Kaka
5.Torres

Duffo

England just beat Trinidad & Tobago 2-0 and Gerrard Scored an absolute screamer! with his left foot. That has to be one of my favourites simply because hes English and that the goal was scored by the great man Stevie.G

Snoopyx623

i think the nicest goals were from:
1.Drogba-ivory coast
2.Vincenzo- italy
3.Frings-germany
i think those were the nicest goals..

ManUnut34
New User

I Love Phillips Rahm's First goal For Germany, considering he's left footed, it was an incredible shot. Gerrard Had a Great Goal as well angainst TandT. And The Fourth Goal By spain,. incredible. I expect brazil and england to put in some amazing shots later on as well.
"For The Love Of the Game"

ManUnut34
New User

::Edit:: Combiasso for argentina. I'm not 2 fond of argentina, but the second goal was incredible, perfect run with a back heel. I liked that goal alot
"For The Love Of the Game"