Tomorrow at 11:00 am my life stops

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

URRRGH I'm gonna cry all week now !!!!!!!!!
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

J
Admin

We were nervous, you could see it o0n their faces coming out of the tunnel. We didn't even get to about 60% of how good we can play.

I didn't like the starting line up at all. Mastroeni shouldn't have been in there. I would have Eddie Johnson staring up top with Mcbride and Donavan right behind them.

Donavan is not effective up top like that. Especially against a team like the Czech Republic who completly dominated midfield. We need to have Donovan in midfield running at people and bringing attention on to himself and then dishing it out wide. And btw, did Mcbride even play??

We do have a very tough group and the Czech Republic are a very good team so much credit to them. We didn't have the energy and we lost in every aspect of the game. I was very impressed with Czechs defense too.

Alot has to change mentally before Saturday's game. I really believe we have a good chance to come back and beat Italy. A must win for us. Eddie johnson must start for us with Donavan right behind the two strikers. And our outside mid-fleiders have to actally push forward alot more and actually do something

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

I think what we were missing most was a creativity we convey showd a spark at the end but it wasn't enough. I think Dempsey could be the player we need right now to breathe life and exitment into usa. I saw NOTHING from donavon alittle from beasly some more from eddie. All we need now is a play maker and i think clint could do it hes got the flair.

And did anyone think that lewis played awful?

interista

i'm nnot impressed. i thought the states were better but this was pathetic. we never really even threatened to score. the czech republic dominated. think about it the czech republic is tiny and they beat the biggest world powere us 3-0

J
Admin

Futbolstud wrote: I think Dempsey could be the player we need right now to breathe life and exitment into usa.
I couldn't agree with you more here. I would have brought on Dmepsey instead of O'Brain in the second half. I probably would have even gave
dempsey the start. I really hope he starts next game.

I thought Beasley played the worst of anyone n the United States. I expect ALOT more from him.
Last edited by J on 12 Jun 2006, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Lewis played....umm let's just say "Bad". We need a LB!

Donovan was there in the game at the 15:55 mark and that's it.

Again I feel that Reyna was the best palyer for us out there
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

interista wrote:i'm nnot impressed. i thought the states were better but this was pathetic. we never really even threatened to score. the czech republic dominated. think about it the czech republic is tiny and they beat the biggest world powere us 3-0
Did you see Reyna's shot on goal ?
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

interista

Mr.SoccerMojo wrote:
interista wrote:i'm nnot impressed. i thought the states were better but this was pathetic. we never really even threatened to score. the czech republic dominated. think about it the czech republic is tiny and they beat the biggest world powere us 3-0
no :oops: i was in the bathroom. but the opportunities were very limited besides that

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

interista wrote:
Mr.SoccerMojo wrote:
no :oops: i was in the bathroom. but the opportunities were very limited besides that
Yes it was I haven't seen us play this bad since the 90's
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

jthursto

Mr.SoccerMojo wrote:
interista wrote:
Mr.SoccerMojo wrote: Did you see Reyna's shot on goal ?
Yes it was I haven't seen us play this bad since the 90's
Exactly. We had 1.....1 shot on goal....that is sooo pathetic. We even had more of the posession than the czechs... And i also agree they should have put Clint out there, might have made for a different and better game.

We definitely need to step it up if we plan on beating Italy on Saturday.

hustler89
Veteran Member

McBride probably was the most harding player on the team!! He put in so much workload, but got nothing in return.

No need to worry lads, if they calm the nerves and compose themselves, then they will still have a fair shot. Just need to win the next two matches, OR AT LEAST win one and draw.

Seeing the first half of the Italy-Ghana match, Italy look very unsure and hesitant in defence, not up to their usual standard.

Ghana, you can be sure can are going to put up a fight. They have given as good as they got so far in this match.
They are weak and prone to long range shots and overhead throughballs.

J
Admin

I'd say Reyna put in a ton more work than Mcbride. Mcbride's only useful on crosses usually and there was none of that from us. Nothing out on the flanks. Very dissapointing.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

ya donovan and convey didnt get enough of the ball. reyna played like shite besides his shot off the post and just slowed down every attack, beasly was afraid to take it and run, he always was passing backwards, lewis sent 2 or 3 balls over the net on crosses, and the backs need to close on totti or else heel do the same as rosicky did. the only way to beat italy will be to run run run, quick passes, give up few set pieces and good marking on totti, to beat ghana, we hafta continously get the ball in the box cuz their keeper has no idea what hes supposed to do.
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

actually i think the keeper for ghana looks like hes got the most heart on the team!! did u think that should ahve been a penalty for ghana who ever was watching? i think it should of.

J
Admin

There has been so many penalties that haven't been called this tournement. It's seems the refs are afraid. Ghana should have had AT LEAST two penalty kicks.

Ghana would have won and ripped Italy apart if they had just a little oranization in their counter attacks.