Veteran Member

Well Italy has been in trouble for *cough "some things" about the refs
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

J wrote:There has been so many penalties that haven't been called this tournement. It's seems the refs are afraid. Ghana should have had AT LEAST two penalty kicks.

Ghana would have won and ripped Italy apart if they had just a little oranization in their counter attacks.
yes i agree with you. however italy played well too. i feel so sorry for ghana though because they could have beat or tied with italy. but thanks to that dumb ass ref they didnt get anywhere. i hate seeing things like that happen because beating a great european team would be great for an african team like ghana.

during times like these sometimes i think there should be cameras during the games. and that the coaches only had one chance to use it during the 90 minutes.

usa had better watch out for ghana. i watched 5 or 10 minutes of the usa game against the czech republic and i was pretty boared because the attacks i saw were not co ordinated.

now i think ghana has a chance to qualify after how they played against italy. maybe the czech republic should watch out too.

J
Admin

If all the teams in group E played the same as they did today in this first round, I think it would end up:

1.Czech R.
2. Ghana
3. Italy
4. U.S.A

Of course I'm sure they won't all play the same, but that's how it would probably end up if they did.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

how sick would it be tho, if US beats italy, and Ghana beats Czech, all 4 teams w/ 3 points and 1 game to play, it would give the edge to the US or ghana cuz thats a game with a more likely winner rather than a draw i feel.
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

shane472
New User

J wrote:There has been so many penalties that haven't been called this tournement. It's seems the refs are afraid. Ghana should have had AT LEAST two penalty kicks.

Ghana would have won and ripped Italy apart if they had just a little oranization in their counter attacks.
Or if they'd been able to hit the net. That might've helped too. It was almost painful to watch their strikes.[/b]

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Well I believe that had we played Ghana first we would have won only because ghana plays the style of football we are use to dealing with.

The Czechs did their homework on us they bunched up their defence the sec. we got there but it helped out a lot that we played like an amature team.
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

J
Admin

shane472 wrote:Or if they'd been able to hit the net. That might've helped too. It was almost painful to watch their strikes.[/b]
Most of the time they were stiking on goal (which was Essien) they weren't on a counter attack.

If they were organized in the counter, they would have blown Italy away. They had a bunch of counter's where their speed wasn't a problem at all, it was the placement of the ball on their passing and the positioning of their player's. That's what killed them.

XstaticX
Veteran Member

The Czech can win the World Cup, they will beat every team and get 9 points. The US has to beat Italy and at least tie ghana to stay alive. But i really enjoyed watching Czech play, they were scary good, big and fast and good.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

hey americans face the fact that you can't beat any european team because your style of play can only be used to beat banana republics that you meet in quals...
or get this analogy, czech rep. was 2nd in qual group with holland, which was 1st... czecs beaten U.S. 3-0, and holland has beaten czecs, and holland had though game against incomplete serbian squad, they've beaten serbia only 1-0.... but serbia has beaten them in play... no bad feelings but i think that USA will be 4th in the group...

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Hmmm The FIFA rankings, no matter how many super stars,world class players our on your squad,if you have won the world cup more than any one else they mean nothing anyteam can beat any other team at any givin match that's what makes football so...so.... popular
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

J
Admin

jcdenton wrote:hey americans face the fact that you can't beat any european team because your style of play can only be used to beat banana republics that you meet in quals... ...
You should realize though that we are probably one of the only countries that our only sport and number one sport isn't soccer. Pretty much every other country puts all there money into soccer, and thats all their people care about and invest time into sports wise. I know theey have a few other sports, but soccer is pretty much the main sport. We have at aleast 3 other sports that people care about way before soccer. I think we have done quite well in the past considering all this.

We are also capable of beating Italy on saturday. It's all about how we are mentally on the field.

carl155
Sophomore Member

man, im USA all the way, but, cmon, NOBODY ON THE TEAM TOOK THE INITIATIVE! I was watchin espn2 today, and they were reviewing the game and interviews and said that basiclly, it was mostly screwed up cause of bad coaching. Beasely told interviewers that he was told to play defensensive and LEFT WING. U CANNOT CHANGE YOUR STRATEGY THE DAY BEFORE THE GAME.Beasly and Donavon are known for goin 1 on 1 with people, and never did. Third, very unorginized defense.

omg,... i hope they restrategize and come back to have a victory over,.. :evil: ITALY. man, another team i want to make it out of there. I got screwed with this world cup, and its the first i ever followed. But, im stayin proud of the US soccer team and are with them all the way. I say, put the first game behind and concentrate on winning the next to get out this hole the us got in.

carl155
Sophomore Member

jcdenton wrote:hey americans face the fact that you can't beat any european team because your style of play can only be used to beat banana republics that you meet in quals...
This is the most ignorrant thing to say,... if you took enough time to look thoroughly at friendly games, you woundlt actually be saying that. So before you insist that USA isnt good at facing the MIGHTY european football teams, do your homework. Man, and your saying this AT THE FIRST GAME. jeez, at least give US a chance of playing. :evil: :evil:

peps1154
Veteran Member

I dont know why US is making such a big deal out of loosing, for gods sake its the Czech Republic they are one of the best teams in the world, i wasnt suprised at all because I know the Czech team well, but watching the pre game and the post game I had the idea that the US commentators never seen the Czech Republic in action and were expecting them to be an easy oponent.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

peps1154 wrote:I dont know why US is making such a big deal out of loosing, for gods sake its the Czech Republic they are one of the best teams in the world, i wasnt suprised at all because I know the Czech team well, but watching the pre game and the post game I had the idea that the US commentators never seen the Czech Republic in action and were expecting them to be an easy oponent.
The big deal is that we played like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off only with out any speed
Those who wait
&
Those who worry