Cisse has broken his leg...

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
ratherton
Veteran Member

...playing for France against South Korea tonight

Obviously, he is out of the World Cup

hustler89
Veteran Member

Not again..... Deja Vu.......Blackburn......Last season.....

This really has not been a good season for him...With being left out of Benitez's starting line up, public bust-ups and being on the news for negative things.
France got it covered though, with world class strikers duo Henry & Trezeguet. Looks like they might need Giuly after all...Mistake leaving him out in the first place.

archie~FS

Cisse the fool!! now we wont be able to sell him off!!

but i hope the guys is alright and makes a quick recovery like last time, though i feel he might not play again.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Well France have plenty of strikers, I wasn't sure he was going to play much anyway.........Still that's really unlucky, but part of the risk of playing friendlies before tournaments.

He recovered quickly last time so I'm sure Liverpool will still be able to sell him if they want, but he won't be playing in the World Cup.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Well this isnt too bad for France, i mean there attack is already very strong with Thierry Henry and Trezeguet. But i think Cisse could have been a good asset to their offense cause he is really fast.

expert
Site Admin

I don't think he'll be back on the field anytime soon with breaking his leg in the same place and all... even if he does come back, he probably won't be the same player.

By the way, France played China, not South Korea

Duffo

Who cares about Cisse, he is one of the worst players ive ever seen lol Hes quick but thats about it. Sorry if ive offended anyone but its my opinion

powell
English Meister

he plays for liverpool but i agree with duffo. and other thing is that now the two main french clubs that are after him might back off and where have to keep him for another season .... yay :(

Ronaldinho10

expert wrote:I don't think he'll be back on the field anytime soon with breaking his leg in the same place and all... even if he does come back, he probably won't be the same player.
I'm pretty sure that he has broken his other leg , not the one he broke when playing for Liverpool against Blackburn.
But yeh your right , recovering from breaking your leg again will be really tough. However he's done it once so why can't he do it again? I heard that on his return from his last broken leg he was still top of the sprinting and jumping charts at Liverpool and in fact bettered his previous personal bests in both sprinting and jumping.

archie~FS

Duffo wrote:Who cares about Cisse, he is one of the worst players ive ever seen lol Hes quick but thats about it. Sorry if ive offended anyone but its my opinion
who cares about alan smith, hes a yorkshire boy and thats about it

Yeah its a different leg, last time it was his left now its his right, very unfurtunate, but im sure hes got mild brittle bone disease or somthing, thats just doesnt happen twice.

I dont think he was All that good for Liverpool when we bought him, he couldnt adapt to the english league, then he broke his leg when he had just improved. He never really regained much form after the first broken leg.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i don't think france will really miss him. giuly is capable, and more versatile anyway. they should be fine though....at least as fine as they would be with cisse :?
Hala Galacticos

Ronaldinho10

cfrealmadrid wrote:i don't think france will really miss him. giuly is capable, and more versatile anyway. they should be fine though....at least as fine as they would be with cisse :?
Giuly isn't in the France squad , either are Robert Pires and Nicolas Anelka. The France squad must be pretty spectacular if they can leave out two players who both started this seasons Champions league final :roll:

Alex
Sophomore Member

poor soul.. :/