Pre/post match England v Jamaica

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Wiseman_philosopher

Pre/post match England v Jamaica

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 03 Jun 2006, 12:34

So, with the World Cup peeking around the corner, it is D-day for Eriksson. It is time for England to perform, and breathe confidence through the nation.

Crouch is set to start up-front, but personally I see this as a bit of a lose-lose situation for him. If he fails to perform, then people will slaughter him, but if he plays well, people will say that he wouldn't be so fortunate against stronger opposition. Nevertheless, good luck to the big man.

It is vital that his strike-partner Michael Owen performs today, as we are all concerned about his fitness and form alike.

Eriksson has reverted to the orginal 4-4-2 system, which will force Gerrard and Lampard to comply with each other again, and potentially reduce their respective threats. This will be interesting.

As far as the defence is concerned, at last we seem to have a class keeper in Paul Robinson, coupled with a reliable back four which should prove vital to our chances this year.

Lets hope that England can go to Germany in full confidence following today.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 03 Jun 2006, 13:12

england should do well against jamaca, too bad we dont have a real challenge before world cup.

ps I love crouch!

edit: i love him even more!
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 03 Jun 2006, 13:36

4-0 after 33 minutes :(
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 03 Jun 2006, 14:47

well its 5-0 now and about 7 minutes left plus injury time a crounch has just missed the chance to claim his first hat-trick for england. put a penalty just over the bar ... same would of love to see he dance again lol :wink:

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 03 Jun 2006, 15:30

6-0 win result :) biggest ever winning margin under errikson. england play fairly well against very poor oposision. crouch doing his robot 3 times was the highlight :D
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 03 Jun 2006, 15:38

(Speaking as a neutral excited observer)
Excellent confidence booster for Eriksson and his men. Certainly benefit them psycholocally.

Next up..Paraguay, June 10, refereed by Mexican international Rodriguez.

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 03 Jun 2006, 18:22

Sputnik wrote:6-0 win result :) biggest ever winning margin under errikson. england play fairly well against very poor oposision. crouch doing his robot 3 times was the highlight :D
my impression :)
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 03 Jun 2006, 19:56

Crouch's robot dance is the most stupid thing I have ever seen. :oops:

Interesting first-half. Jamaica seemed to be making a fight of it but after two own goals they really lost their confidence and the game got dull. Owen's goal was probably the best but not much too spectacular (which has come as a shock for Errikson....)

Hopefully that was a reasonable simulation of how Trinidad and Tobago play so good preparation then.

P.S. Sputnik, you have WAY to much time on your hands :lol:
Last edited by matt on 03 Jun 2006, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 03 Jun 2006, 20:11

Jamaica are one of the worst international teams I've ever seen....and I'm taking Wales into account in that statement

Other assorted points:

1. The atmosphere was pretty good - attendence was just over 70,000
2. Jamaica have the longest national anthemn I've heard. It went on and on and on and on .........
3. Mexican waves are gay
4. Those stupid plastic things you bang together are even gayer
5. Club shirts and songs should not be worn at England games
6. I reckon around 50% of the Jamaica fans didn't turn up until half time. The away section wasn't full during the first half but it was full in the 2nd half.

And the best thing......Eriksson will never be in charge of another England game in England :D

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Atkins
Sophomore Member

Post by Atkins » 03 Jun 2006, 20:16

He's Big, He's Red, His feet stick out the bed! PETER CROUCH!

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 04 Jun 2006, 07:25

Sputnik wrote:
Sputnik wrote:6-0 win result :) biggest ever winning margin under errikson. england play fairly well against very poor oposision. crouch doing his robot 3 times was the highlight :D
my impression :)
haha that was funny you really love crounch dont yah. and whats with the white mask

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 04 Jun 2006, 14:45

lol technically i hate crouch as a player, but his robot has become a phenominon and is funny as hell. there was like 'do the crouch n send it in' on nas so i entered :)
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

Duffo

Post by Duffo » 06 Jun 2006, 19:38

lol nice dance you got there sputnik. Its taken over my 5aside team lol weneva one of us scores we all do the robot dance but we look like a bunch of spaz's lol and it really annoys the other team