Portugal

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
milanese
Veteran Member

Post by milanese » 06 May 2006, 04:18

Dida's overated, Robinho won't be playing a whole lot, not a great defence and questionable coaching and player selections. Brazil isn't a lock.

Here's hoping for a Italy-Ukraine final. 8)

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 06 May 2006, 16:56

milanese wrote:Dida's overated, Robinho won't be playing a whole lot, not a great defence and questionable coaching and player selections. Brazil isn't a lock.
Well said, Im telling you this world cup will show that Dida is not only bad he sucks, plus England for the Finals 8) !

upandcoming

Post by upandcoming » 07 May 2006, 14:43

how are you going to say that Portugal is going to win over Brazil when Deco is Portugals best player and he couldn't even make the Brazillian national team. Do you really think that Deco's first choice to play for was Portugal, of course not he wanted to win a World Cup so he wanted to play for Brazil but when he couldn't make the squad he resorted to Portugal.

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 07 May 2006, 16:37

milanese wrote:Dida's overated, Robinho won't be playing a whole lot, not a great defence and questionable coaching and player selections. Brazil isn't a lock.

Here's hoping for a Italy-Ukraine final. 8)
Even if Dida plays badly and Robinho shan't be playing alot (which I disagree with), Brazil will still have an excellent shot at the WC.
It is known they are not too good defensively, and Dida can let in 3 or 4 goals every match, but it will not matter too much.

Brazil have the quality to score loads of goals in a match, and with Dida playing badly (if he does) that'll convince the attacking players they muct score.

Who can argue with an attacking team of: Kaka, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Robinho, Julio Baptista & Juninho.
It's madness to say Portugal can beat them any time. Maybe if Brazil have a bad day, I can see a slight possibility. :?

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 07 May 2006, 23:35

upandcoming wrote:how are you going to say that Portugal is going to win over Brazil when Deco is Portugals best player and he couldn't even make the Brazillian national team. Do you really think that Deco's first choice to play for was Portugal, of course not he wanted to win a World Cup so he wanted to play for Brazil but when he couldn't make the squad he resorted to Portugal.
Back when deco started playing for portugal he was not so well knowed and he played for Porto now he would be a starter for brazil...

touchshoot

Post by touchshoot » 27 May 2006, 07:02

portugal have a great chance

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 01 Jun 2006, 12:34

Portugal do have one thing that other teams don't:

The biggest diver in the world! Deco, of course. lol
Click it

milanese
Veteran Member

Post by milanese » 03 Jun 2006, 06:48

Deco isn't the best player. If he is, it's by a hair over the others.

Brazil already has Ronaldinho, Kaka and Juninho that are better then him, where's he going to fit in? He wouldn't start.

Portugal could have a better team, including better defence, comparable midfield. Good coaching.

I have them losing in the final in one pool, and going out earlier in the other pools I'm in.

Also we're playing in Europe, so advantage Portuagl and other European teams not South American teams like Brazil.

Kaka, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Robinho, Julio Baptista & Juninho but only 4 are on the field at once, so that just means more depth. :roll:

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 03 Jun 2006, 20:14

milanese wrote: Also we're playing in Europe, so advantage Portuagl and other European teams not South American teams like Brazil.
Brazil and Argentina have a number of players at European clubs so they will adapt pretty easily. I think Iran have quite a few of their team in Germany so I've got them down as the surprise team to finish 2nd in their group

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

hustler89
Veteran Member

Post by hustler89 » 05 Jun 2006, 19:35

ratherton wrote:Brazil and Argentina have a number of players at European clubs so they will adapt pretty easily. I think Iran have quite a few of their team in Germany so I've got them down as the surprise team to finish 2nd in their group
You really think they will finish above Mexico in their group?
Obviously Portugal are going to get through, but second place will be very tight, between Mexico and Iran. I think Mexico will edge it because of their experience.
Angola did well to get this far, But they outta there. :)

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 05 Jun 2006, 19:50

I've got a feeling they'll do well. Iran aren't a bad side and I just think they have more players used to European conditions than Mexico.

I also think the shackle draggers could finish behind Brazil

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

jthursto

Post by jthursto » 07 Jun 2006, 16:38

The two teams I plan on rooting for are Portugal and Italy. The reason I'm gunnin for Portugal is because they have never won!! haha I feel bad they get so far and then it all goes down the drain. I mean sure they got Figo, Pauleta, Deco, and C Ronaldo. But as was said earlier Figo and Pauleta are old guys and past their prime and as for C. Ronaldo he has quite a short temper....and other teams know that and will use it to their advantage...if they get him riled up he'll blow a gasket......as for Portugal takin the cup...highly unlikely but I'm still gonna enjoy watchin and rootin for them......Go Italy :) :twisted:

LonePlayer
New User

Post by LonePlayer » 10 Jun 2006, 19:01

Am supporting Portugal, mostly cause I'm 100% portuguese, but my favorite team since I was 3 was Brazil. It will be very interesting to see them play each other...

AMSL

Post by AMSL » 11 Jun 2006, 03:57

Portugal is taking the cup them and Brazil in the final

3-2 portugal

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 11 Jun 2006, 23:41

Well Portugal is my second favorite team and I must say that had some troubles geting past Angola today, how about Tommy Smyth, it was awsom when he said about C.Ronaldo "That kid has more tricks them Marayah Carey (sp?)"