the top performers at the w/c

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

who do u think will be the most INFLUENTIAL player at the world cup???

ronaldinho
43%
rooney
10%
henry
13%
gerrard
7%
adriano
No votes
kaka
No votes
ronaldo
7%
c.ronaldo
7%
lampard
No votes
robben
No votes
zidane
3%
cech
No votes
nedved
No votes
terry
No votes
riquelme
3%
messi
7%
vieira
No votes

Total votes: 30

mikaldinho

the top performers at the w/c

Post by mikaldinho » 20 Apr 2006, 20:19

who do u think will be the most INFLUENTIAL player at the world cup???
admins/moderaters feel free 2 add any others :D

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 20 Apr 2006, 20:58

simple choice for me. anyone who doesn't pick ronaldinho hasn't seen him play in the last couple weeks. i'm starting to consider him one of the best of all time actually. he's just amazing. look what he did even back in his days at paris st-germain. he can change any game. he's one of those rare players who just seems to have the ball follow them around the pitch. so to me, ronaldinho will be the most influential.
Hala Galacticos

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 21 Apr 2006, 02:05

While Messi is not the best player mentioned I do belive he will be the most infuencial. Anyone who has seen him play before his injury should know that every time he comes on as a sub he makes things happen with his wonderfull dribbling runs.

A-man147

Post by A-man147 » 21 Apr 2006, 02:19

I'd say Rooney, it comes down to if he performs the team will go well, if Ronaldinho doest perform there are others who can make up for it.

Atkins
Sophomore Member

Post by Atkins » 28 Apr 2006, 19:22

I watched Ronaldhino play agaist AC Milan (1st leg) and I have to say, he is the most over rated player ever! He gave the ball away 3 times, and the commentators just ignored it. But when he makes one dodgy ball into the box the bloody commentators go on about it for hours like it was the best pass ever, they should have gave alot more credit to the striker who managed to get onto the end of the ball!

Any way I picked Gerrard as he is the best player in the world closely followed by Henry. Gerrard is just all round the best he is imense at attacking and great at defendig, he will be the most infulential just like he was at Istanbul un 2005.
He's Big, He's Red, His feet stick out the bed! PETER CROUCH!

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 28 Apr 2006, 21:37

Ronaldinho overrated? Is that the only game you've seen him play? I remember watching that and he didn't have a great game by his standards... he gave the ball away a WHOLE 3 TIMES! You are right about the commentators going ballistic over his pass, and not mentioning his earlier blunders.

The pass was a very good one...Giuly did very well to take the oppurtunity, but it took tremendous vision and ability from Ronaldinho to see his run and pick him out.

I think he could well go down as one of the greats. Pele was the ultimate goal scorer... Ronaldinho is the most skilful player of all time, without a doubt.

Atkins
Sophomore Member

Post by Atkins » 29 Apr 2006, 21:01

I failed to see how any other great player at the moment wouldnt have seen that simple pass... even I could have made that pass! And I beleave he is Over rated because I beleave Gerrard is better than him.
He's Big, He's Red, His feet stick out the bed! PETER CROUCH!

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 29 Apr 2006, 21:11

Atkins wrote:I failed to see how any other great player at the moment wouldnt have seen that simple pass... even I could have made that pass! And I beleave he is Over rated because I beleave Gerrard is better than him.
a) How come you live in "England", yet you spell believe horribly wrong?
b) In your last sentence, you are stating that anyone who is worse than Gerrard is overrated? Err...logical!
c) I do not think you realise the skill (in many forms) needed to produce that kind of pass. Considering the stage, the position he was in, and everything else, it was great vision.

Ronaldinho is a fantastic player. Until about a year ago I, like you, was blind to his talent - I just didn't get him. But now, I realise the great enthusiasm and technique he has. He can pull something out of nothing. Gerrard is devout, but Ronaldinho is divine.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 30 Apr 2006, 00:47

Yeah Ronaldinho is definetely is the player to watch. I remember that free kick he had against England in 2002 World Cup and when Brazil scored i was like Ronaldinho who? Now i see he is the best player in the world, his playmaking ability is amazing and he can pick out passes so fluently. He is FIFA player of the year 2 years in a row and i wouldnt doubt that he would win it again.

Ecuabol

Post by Ecuabol » 30 Apr 2006, 04:18

Duh! Ronaldinho of course. what do u expect. :roll:
Barcelona wins it all!

touchshoot

Post by touchshoot » 27 May 2006, 06:49

I think lionel messi will be the most influencial no doubt about it

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 27 May 2006, 07:56

Depending how the clown decides to use Gerrard, I would say he would be the most influential. He has been in stunning form for Liverpool

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 28 May 2006, 01:50

Ronaldinho is clearly the BEST player in the world cup, but i think gerrard will be most INFLUENTIAL. Brazil have so many great forwards that ronaldinho won't have to be the key man for as many attacks as he was for barcelona. But gerrard is going to be the key for England. He needs to dictate play for England to have a strong performance, so i think he will be most influential. And i think he will because he has done some great things this year for liverpool and he performs at his best when it counts. (example: UCL final 2005)
Click it

JDTRIXTA

Post by JDTRIXTA » 29 May 2006, 10:56

:D Ronaldinho is no douby the greatest player with his fancy foot work and amazing dribbling skills. i think he wont have much of an impact on the earlier games in the group stages but when it comes to the harder rounds we will realy see what he is made of and what he has to offer. some people say he is overated but i disagree as he rarely has a poor game. :wink:

GO AUSTRALIA :P

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 29 May 2006, 17:39

i think someone should add shevchenko to the list because hes still a world class player in my view