Who do you think will win the golden boot??

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
jonny55

probadly it will be a real fw or ronaldinho ;)

if germany will come to the finals it might be Klose otherwise Adriano, Ronaldinho, Henry have good chances for the golden shoe. Mexiko has a good goalgetter, too.

and one should not forget the dutch players, netherlands have great team!

Crea-Alize

for me, personally............i think it might be Ronaldo, Pauleta, Crespo, Henry or even Cissé because he has quality. They all do.
Mentality

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:
Sputnik wrote:Rooney or most any brazilian forward player 8)

im sorry to say, in my mind at least, Michael Owen is waaaay way way past his peak. Hes lost a yard of pace, and due to his small stature he hasnt got much presence. Clubs man mark him, and while he still has a killer edge, he often doesnt get a chance to use it due to poor service or good defences. Hes cons now outway his pros
He's got a broken metatarsal which is about 3 months recovery time so he'll be nice and fresh for the finals. I won't even dignify the prediction of Pauletta or Klose finishing as top scorer with a reply. England have midfielders who will score more than either of those 2

As for Owen 2 years ago, I would have agreed with you. He'd gone stale at Liverpool but after he left them he scored 16 or so goals for Real Madrid even though he didn't start many games as they continued to pick the hopelessly out of form Raul ahead of him. For Newcastle this season, again injury has been a problem but when fit he's scored 7 goals in the Premiership.

He's hardly been quiet for England either this season. He scored 3 in his last 2 games against Poland and Argentina. He also got a hat-trick against Columbia in May and 1 against Northern Ireland so 7 international goals for the year isn't a bad return

For the record, few if any English teams play with man markers so I don't know where you got that idea from.
lol you must not know anything about either Pauleta or Klose..and yes I forgot BAROS!!
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

arsenalrools

I thnk henry will take it home... For definate... but even though Brazil win the EC doesnt mean that someone in their tema will take it home... if Holland and France and Spain and Germany and England don't mess up here like they did in the Euros, then they all have a chance to kill Brazil.. But take into consideration at whos the lead goal scorrer in the FA right now... that guys on a role... Nistelrooy, can possibly take it home, if his team supports him long enough... man they second in the world... Brazil, got the skill but not the kicks..
'Coaches can teach you to be smart, but no-one can teach you to play' -Henry

Check Out Ma First Vid: Click Here

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Henry disappears Internationaly, maybe he can turn it around...who knows..
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

angelo10

yes that is right owen might be out of the world cup due to a foot injury he going to get surgery on it, i think he would be a great player for the golden boot, but i still would have to go with ronaldinho the best player of the year and he got the golden ball award and fifa player of the year award again he is truly amazing, i believe he might get it, but i also think Robinho has a chance just look at that pure brasilain skill those step overs those quick feet, he is looking to take the number ten when ronaldinho retires and i believe he deserves it after he retires pure ginga
man do i wish i was as good as Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho10

I think along with Owen and Ronaldo (like I said in a previous post) there is also Henry and Crespo that have a realistic chance of winning it but it all depends on how the tournament goes. It could also got to an attacking midfielder and it wouldnt surprise me if Zidane took the golden boot home in what will be his last World Cup.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

angelo10 wrote:yes that is right owen might be out of the world cup due to a foot injury he going to get surgery on it, i think he would be a great player for the golden boot, but i still would have to go with ronaldinho the best player of the year and he got the golden ball award and fifa player of the year award again he is truly amazing, i believe he might get it, but i also think Robinho has a chance just look at that pure brasilain skill those step overs those quick feet, he is looking to take the number ten when ronaldinho retires and i believe he deserves it after he retires pure ginga
LOL, Ronaldinho wont go anytime soon, he is only 25
FORÇA BARÇA!

ezza_44

I reckon it will be one of the brazilians Adriano or robinho probably...if not then Henry...:)

goldboots7

Pauleta if things go well for him, the people that whould not suprise me if they win

1.Ruud van nistelrooy
2.Adriano
3.Rooney or henry
Stats: 19Goals 1YC 1RC 23GP

pascalfrik

i think ronaldinho will probally win it but otherwise it will probally be adriano . henry or eto

Bestofthebest

RG900 wrote:i have to say henry he is the best out there
^Agrees with him, People always say henry doesn't do sqaut in france but he is at his peak, He is motivated and you guys will be amazed when you see him do what he does Best, scoring goals
Join this Forum: http://footyclips.com/forum

arsenalrools

no i dont think henry is at his peak YET... he still needs to do something AMAZING to show he is at his peak... coz henry can still get a little better, then stay and fall, of old age hehe.. but if he wants the cup, he'll get it... thats how good he is...
'Coaches can teach you to be smart, but no-one can teach you to play' -Henry

Check Out Ma First Vid: Click Here

Kew

i reckon a full back will win the golden boot =P

nah im putting my money on ronaldo, i have a feeling he's gonna go out with a bang.

A-man147

Posted: Jan 01, 6:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rooney or most any brazilian forward player

im sorry to say, in my mind at least, Michael Owen is waaaay way way past his peak. Hes lost a yard of pace, and due to his small stature he hasnt got much presence. Clubs man mark him, and while he still has a killer edge, he often doesnt get a chance to use it due to poor service or good defences. Hes cons now outway his pros

Owen is only 25 buddy, and his doctors said he will be back for world cup...dont count him out....I think the 2 England forwards will in the boo.