Who do you think will win the golden boot??

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
enigmatic freestyler
New User

I put my money on Rooney.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Two words: Thierry Henry, the best striker in the world, I can't see anyone stopping him this world cup. He has told media that he is motivated to play for France at the World Cup just like he's motivated to play for Arsenal. I think if all goes well for France, he's taking it home.

peps1154
Veteran Member

I think that in the end it will all go to Brazil yet again. In that case I will say a Brazilian will win the Golden boot, not sure which one. For now Im going to say Adriano but the likes of Robinho and maybe Ronaldo(?) have got a chance.

J
Admin

i agree with Peps, i think if Brasil does as well as they are capable of doing, i think it will go to Adriano or Ronaldinho.

Adriano is so big and strong, he should score a good amount of goals if he gets the playing time. As for Ronaldnho, what can i say about him, he is simply the best out there right now in my opinion. Im really looking forward to watching Brasil play.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Michael Owen

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

henry has a good chance, but i'm saying ronaldo. he's itching to break muller's record (needs only 2 more goals to tie it i think) and he'll score goals at ANY costs.
Hala Galacticos

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

ronaldo will be even more motivated because he has hinted that he might retire after the world cup. I dont know why though he can still play for a couple of years.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:Michael Owen
ha.. he just got injured and may miss WC...

I think Pauleta, Klose, or Adriano will take it...
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Sputnik

Rooney or most any brazilian forward player 8)

im sorry to say, in my mind at least, Michael Owen is waaaay way way past his peak. Hes lost a yard of pace, and due to his small stature he hasnt got much presence. Clubs man mark him, and while he still has a killer edge, he often doesnt get a chance to use it due to poor service or good defences. Hes cons now outway his pros
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

ratherton
Veteran Member

Sputnik wrote:Rooney or most any brazilian forward player 8)

im sorry to say, in my mind at least, Michael Owen is waaaay way way past his peak. Hes lost a yard of pace, and due to his small stature he hasnt got much presence. Clubs man mark him, and while he still has a killer edge, he often doesnt get a chance to use it due to poor service or good defences. Hes cons now outway his pros
He's got a broken metatarsal which is about 3 months recovery time so he'll be nice and fresh for the finals. I won't even dignify the prediction of Pauletta or Klose finishing as top scorer with a reply. England have midfielders who will score more than either of those 2

As for Owen 2 years ago, I would have agreed with you. He'd gone stale at Liverpool but after he left them he scored 16 or so goals for Real Madrid even though he didn't start many games as they continued to pick the hopelessly out of form Raul ahead of him. For Newcastle this season, again injury has been a problem but when fit he's scored 7 goals in the Premiership.

He's hardly been quiet for England either this season. He scored 3 in his last 2 games against Poland and Argentina. He also got a hat-trick against Columbia in May and 1 against Northern Ireland so 7 international goals for the year isn't a bad return

For the record, few if any English teams play with man markers so I don't know where you got that idea from.

Sputnik

ur right not man mark as such, i was just tring to get across the point that ever since France 1998 hes been seen as a potent threat and good defences nulify him by giving him no room to breathe, but no not necessarily man mark. He did go stale at liverpool, and at Real he did do well, but only because of some good service. I dislike Owen because i think he cant make goals on his own (at least compared to some english players, let alone at a World Cup). At Newcastle hes doing okay, but again he needs service to get goals and at newcastle atm that wont last. Owen is a good striker, but only as good as his teammates allow, and i think ther are many others this year who deserve it more than him.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Ronaldinho10

When the big games come along Michael Owen is always there for England (I'm Scottish by the way so I'm completely impartial :wink: ) but its true - think Brazil vs. England WC 02 Owen scored , Portugal vs. England 04 Owen hadnt scored all tournament but came up with the opening goal when the big game came around.
So I think Michael Owen is in with a chance of winning the Golden Boot. However England will definetely not win the world cup and so this may count against him as England may not get beyond the quarters.

I think Ronaldo will have a great tournament because everyone is doubting him again and this is when the great players show how great they are and Ronaldo is defenetly a great player and I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo won the golden boot top scorer award.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

owen was better as an 18 year old than he's been in his 20s. simple as that for me. he seems to have lost some of the flair and speed he once had. he's still an excellent striker, by all means, but he'll never regain the form he had as a teenager.
Hala Galacticos

J
Admin

ratherton wrote: For Newcastle this season, again injury has been a problem but when fit he's scored 7 goals in the Premiership.
Being able to stay fit is HUGE. Its almost just as important as the skill (at the top level), you cant use that as an excuse. Again, what was important to Owen before he left Liverpool, the game or the money, or the future of his career? I say the money, which was a poor choice.
Last edited by J on 03 Jan 2006, 04:47, edited 1 time in total.

RG900
Veteran Member

i have to say henry he is the best out there
RAMI 07