Witch Teams Will Make It Out of There 1st round pools

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 27 Dec 2005, 16:38

Australia has 7 Croatians on their team, some of them could not play for Croatia which shows how much our players are better. Viduka is one...
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 28 Dec 2005, 04:17

croatia's got plenty of australian players too. i do think croatia are the better team though. i pick either croatia or japan to make it out of this group. japan have the better coaching, which might make a difference, but croatia do have a lot of young talent.
Hala Galacticos

Jackson1986

Post by Jackson1986 » 28 Dec 2005, 12:54

cfrealmadrid Posted: Dec 28, 4:17 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

croatia's got plenty of australian players too. i do think croatia are the better team though. i pick either croatia or japan to make it out of this group. japan have the better coaching, which might make a difference, but croatia do have a lot of young talent.

FCBarcelona Posted: Dec 27, 4:38 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Australia has 7 Croatians on their team, some of them could not play for Croatia which shows how much our players are better. Viduka is one...

:D

Australia may give us a suprise

ultimate_defender

Post by ultimate_defender » 29 Dec 2005, 01:36

cfrealmadrid wrote:
Socceroo wrote: C - Netherlands and Ivory Coast - (Considering the Argentinian defense is a bit shaky. Ivory Coast are pretty unknown and I think the will upset argentina)
you must be joking

I hope You Talking about the netherlands comment..... :wink:

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 29 Dec 2005, 02:25

cfrealmadrid wrote:croatia's got plenty of australian players too. i do think croatia are the better team though. i pick either croatia or japan to make it out of this group. japan have the better coaching, which might make a difference, but croatia do have a lot of young talent.
WTF, Croatia has no Australians... we got people born in Australia but they are Croatian, their family and their blood is Croatian....

Our coaching is above Japans in my opinion, the coach has won everywhere he has went... Zlatko(Cico)Kranjcar...

Zico was a good player.... OK coach...
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 29 Dec 2005, 03:16

FC Barcelona, don't kid yourself, Zico was a GREAT player, not a good one. He had a cannon of a shot, and was ronaldo's idol as a boy. He won numerous world cups with Brazil. He is one of the greatest players of all time, and i'm sure his knowledge of the game will help him develop into a better coach.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 29 Dec 2005, 06:32

by australians, i thought i made it clear that i meant people who were born in australia. that makes them australian (originally). josip simunic for example. same exact thing as the "croatians" on the australian team.
Hala Galacticos

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 29 Dec 2005, 14:33

Well I think that if a person is born in Austarlia from Croatian parents he is still 100% Croatian, becuse location of birth has nothing to do with the genetics. For example if two Croatians moved to GB instead of Australia the child born would be the same one (ofcourse is everything leading up to the birth, positions,etc., was the same) as in Australia. Therefore Croatians born in Australia are Croatians with an Australian passport.So actually it is not the same exact thing for both nations because Croatia has 100% croatians born outside of the country meanwhile Australia has 100% Croatians born in Australia. In the end it comes down who they want to play for but they are Croatian in blood even if the feel Australian.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 29 Dec 2005, 22:03

peps1154 wrote:Well I think that if a person is born in Austarlia from Croatian parents he is still 100% Croatian, becuse location of birth has nothing to do with the genetics. For example if two Croatians moved to GB instead of Australia the child born would be the same one (ofcourse is everything leading up to the birth, positions,etc., was the same) as in Australia. Therefore Croatians born in Australia are Croatians with an Australian passport.So actually it is not the same exact thing for both nations because Croatia has 100% croatians born outside of the country meanwhile Australia has 100% Croatians born in Australia. In the end it comes down who they want to play for but they are Croatian in blood even if the feel Australian.
I AGREE 100%...Zico was a great player I never said he wasnt just to clarify...
FORÇA BARÇA!

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 30 Dec 2005, 00:08

fc barcelona if ur born in australia, then ur australian. my entire family is from ireland. i was born in america. im american, with strong irish heritage
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 30 Dec 2005, 01:31

it depends on how proud you are about your country. im born in da states but i consider myself african. just depends on your family and your opinon.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 30 Dec 2005, 03:39

ROIUSA wrote:fc barcelona if ur born in australia, then ur australian. my entire family is from ireland. i was born in america. im american, with strong irish heritage
Nah, if u born in America and ur family is Irish then ur Irish...
it's your blood that counts not your birth city...
FORÇA BARÇA!

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 30 Dec 2005, 19:25

what if your family was from croatia, but you lived in australia your whole life? you would be of croatian descent, not actually croatian.
Hala Galacticos

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 30 Dec 2005, 19:36

Basically, i think there is a oneside/otherside scale. If your parents come from a country, say Croatia, then you are born in australia, at birth you would be considered croatian. However as time went on and you lived longer and longer in australia, you would be considered more and more australian. For each person, the point at which they consider themselves Australian changes, but overal its basically a scale like that.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 30 Dec 2005, 20:42

cfrealmadrid wrote:what if your family was from croatia, but you lived in australia your whole life? you would be of croatian descent, not actually croatian.
You'll still be Croatian by blood but the persons view may change...
FORÇA BARÇA!