Witch Teams Will Make It Out of There 1st round pools

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Mulatto_Magic

Witch Teams Will Make It Out of There 1st round pools

Post by Mulatto_Magic » 14 Dec 2005, 21:24

Witch teams do you think will come out of each pool in the first round of the world cup?!?!? :D

Pool A- Germany and Poland
Pool B- England and Trinidad and Tobago :D Underdogs
Pool C- Argentina and Serbia and Montenegro
Pool D- Mexico and Portugal
Pool E- Italy and Czech Republic
Pool F- Brazil and Japan
Pool G- France and Korea
Pool H- Spain and Ukraine
~`Legend In The Making`~

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 15 Dec 2005, 01:13

A - germany and poland - germany are going to make it with the home support they'll have, and poland look to be quite strong, but watch for a surprise from ecuador. costa rica may be a threat as well, seeing as they've been written off by so many

B - england and sweden - england are the big team here, and sweden usually do well in competitions, but paraguay have a shot if they can beat sweden. trinidad have very little chance of even getting a point, and two games should send them packing

C - argentina and holland - serbia will cut it close, and still have a realistic chance. ivory coast may cause some problems, but argentina and holland consistently do well in the world cup and should dominate this tough group. serbia will be hoping to steal draws from the giants, and then beat ivory coast, as this is really the only way they will make it to the next round

D - mexico and portugal - portugal should ease through, and mexico will make it if they can beat iran. watch for angola to steal a few points though, maybe causing some confusion. iran are a team not to be taken lightly, and might slip in under the radar

E - italy and czech republic - usa, like serbia, have a realistic chance to go through, but i'm not tipping them to do so. if they can fell one of the giants, they've got one foot in the next round, but then there's ghana to watch for, as they might pull a sursrise on everyone. i think the italy v czech republic game will decide a lot though.

F - brasil and japan - brasil are obvious favorites, but beyond that, anyone could go through. i think it will come down to tactical decisions, and japan have the best coach, so they should be able to pull through. watch for croatia though, as they've got some good young talent, as do australia

G - france and korea - france are a good team, but they're aging. korea are teamwork oriented, and that's what may take them through. togo have little chance, and switzerland's best player is a defender, although they may surprise some

H - spain and ukraine - spain are an obvious choice, but like group f, this group has a lot of depth beyond the favorites. saudi arabia cannot be underestimated, as they'll be looking to make up for the last world cup disaster. the second spot will come down to the ukraine v tunisia match, and i think the winner of that game will go through with spain

anyway, that's my thoughts
Hala Galacticos

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

Post by MickyD#9 » 15 Dec 2005, 05:16

Pool A- Germany and Poland
Pool B- England and Trinidad and Tobago
Pool C- Argentina and Serbia and Montenegro
Pool D- Mexico and Portugal
Pool F- Brazil and AUSTRALIA!
Pool G- France and Korea

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 16 Dec 2005, 02:04

sorry to go off topic, but what's the deal with everyone thinking trinidad and tobago will do anything? it's hopeful at best. they're just not good enough to beat sweden. stop kidding yourselves.
Hala Galacticos

Mulatto_Magic

Post by Mulatto_Magic » 18 Dec 2005, 15:35

There the underdogs lol.....whats with every one thinking that U.S.A has a chance?????Italy and czechs are going out of that group
~`Legend In The Making`~

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 21 Dec 2005, 00:37

Mulatto_Magic wrote:There the underdogs lol.....whats with every one thinking that U.S.A has a chance?????Italy and czechs are going out of that group
to even compare usa with t&t is just plain unintelligent. frankly, i have no idea why you would even make an indirect comparison like that. the usa are not by any means underdogs in their group. usa, while admittedly overrated, are one of the powers, albeit a minor one, in international football today. they were drawn into a tough group, so i can't say i would be surprised if they did lose out in the group stages. you're vastly underestimating them however. the usa, while in form, can get a draw with, or even beat almost any country in the world. that includes italy and the czechs. honestly, if they get a draw against italy/czech republic and beat ghana, they'll be in pretty good shape. that sounds like a reasonable goal, doesn't it?
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 21 Dec 2005, 02:45

Pool A- Germany and Paraguay
Pool B- England and Sweden
Pool C- Argentina and Holland
Pool D- Iran and Portugal
Pool F- Brazil and CROATIA!!!
Pool G- France and Swiss

Hahha, why is everyone taking Australia and Japan over Croatia, we were 3rd in the World and beat Sweden twice in Qualifiers and finished 1st in Group 8.....show some respect at least....

As for USA, I think they have a good team and the only team that will mess up is Italy, don't think Czech will fail to get out.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 21 Dec 2005, 16:32

ya cfreal is right FIFA over rates them,but the rest of the world under rates them. weve got tremendous speed and my friend who love itialian football says that he feels the US will run them ragged. plus 4 or 5 points could be enough in this group. even ghana has a decent shot. african teams are always under rated cuz they dont get exposure. so group E ive got Czech and USA. but its really a toss up. basically all the otha groups will see the power houses go through
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 21 Dec 2005, 17:27

FCBarcelona wrote:Pool A- Germany and Paraguay
Pool B- England and Sweden
Pool C- Argentina and Holland
Pool D- Iran and Portugal
Pool F- Brazil and CROATIA!!!
Pool G- France and Swiss

Hahha, why is everyone taking Australia and Japan over Croatia, we were 3rd in the World and beat Sweden twice in Qualifiers and finished 1st in Group 8.....show some respect at least....

As for USA, I think they have a good team and the only team that will mess up is Italy, don't think Czech will fail to get out.
Paraguay are in pool B. Most others i agree with
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 21 Dec 2005, 22:12

Yes my bad... I got GERMANY AND POLAND FOR GROUP A THEN....
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 21 Dec 2005, 22:26

Group A: Germany and Poland
Group B: England and Sweden
Group C: Argentina and Holland
Group D: Portugal and Mexico
Group E: Czech Republic and Italy
Group F: Brazil and Croatia
Group G: France and Switzerland
Group H: Spain and Ukraine

The draw heavily favours the European sides and traditionally teams do better on their own continents than when they have to travel.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 24 Dec 2005, 17:14

Iran will come out and Mexico won't, you'll see... best Iran side in their history...
FORÇA BARÇA!

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 26 Dec 2005, 04:26

trinidad's got the best side in their history too. i don't think iran will make it out, although i hope to god someone beats mexico. i do think iran will get 3 or 4 points, but i think mexico will win on goal difference or something.
Hala Galacticos

Socceroo
New User

Post by Socceroo » 26 Dec 2005, 14:19

A- Germany and Poland
B - England and Sweeden
C - Netherlands and Ivory Coast - (Considering the Argentinian defense is a bit shaky. Ivory Coast are pretty unknown and I think the will upset argentina)
D - Portugal and Mexico
E- Italy and Czech Rep
F - Brazil and AUSTRALIA!!!!
G- France and Korea
H- Spain and Ukraine

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 27 Dec 2005, 08:02

Socceroo wrote: C - Netherlands and Ivory Coast - (Considering the Argentinian defense is a bit shaky. Ivory Coast are pretty unknown and I think the will upset argentina)
you must be joking
Hala Galacticos