the best team ever

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
fballpashun12
New User

what is the best team to ever exist in football history?
i say that it was france in 98

they beat brazil

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

holland 74. they scored their first goal in the final before germany even touched the ball. amazing.
Hala Galacticos

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

BRAZIL, of course, 5 WC wins means something, i think. they play the most beautiful game, and no team can compare to them, not even france in 98 when they beat them.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

matt
EF Forum Legend

manchester uniteds european cup winning teams from 1968 and 1999 were both very impressive.....best, law, charlton, kidd, stiles.....beckham, keane, scholes, giggs, yorke, cole, stam, schmeichel......among others.

i think those were the best club teams. internationally, probably france's euro 2000 winning team, with players like henry, zidane, thuram, wiltord, makelele, petit, vieira, barthez, blanc....

those teams are recent but to be honest i dont know much about great teams of the past, im better when it comes to players :oops:
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Arsenal in 03-04 (surprise!) But seriously, 49 games unbeaten, it can't be touched, I mean, Chelsea, a team worth over 250 million dollars, got 40 games, not close to 49. They had so much team chemistry, their play was beautiful, some of the best I've ever seen
God damn brewery!!!

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

last time i checked, 40 was reasonably close to 49. arsenal can never be the best to ever play. make a real suggestion. so far i haven't seen anything that even challenges holland 74. brasil's 1970 team was great, as were hungary in 54. anyone else with a good opinion? i did like matt's answer though. france in the late 90's were great, and their euro winning team was fantastic. as far as clubs go, real madrid in the 60's. does anyone know who won the first five champions league tournaments (then called champions/european cup)? real madrid. no one can touch them as far as clubs are concerned. matt got the next best team though. back in that time, no one beat a team with george best on it.
Hala Galacticos

AusSkills

i say that it was france in 98
they beat brazil
so, other teams have beaten brazil, uruguay beat brazil in 1950 when they built that huge stadium just for the event...feel sorry for them :(

also i believe zidane was the main reason france was able to beat brazil in 98.

as for my choice of the best team ever, i would say probably brazil back in the late 90's as they are just a beautiful team to watch and with players like ronaldo, ronaldinho among the rest of the team they are just awesome. As for leagues teams id probably go real madrid and arsenal for the past couple of years[/quote]
"Understand that the ball is a sphere and that we are not designed by nature to control it with our feet. Our nature is to control it with the hand. But he who can take complete command of it with his feet will always have an edge, and win in this game"

RG900
Veteran Member

ofcourse i have to say brazil but i think they were the best in 94 they were amazingly good
RAMI 07

oranje74

in terms of talent: the dutch teams of 74, 90, 98 and 00 were brilliant
actual greatest team ever
holland 74
ajax 71
the first modern club team
and the first modern national team
these teams left a legacy that made the wolrd game what it is today
they also had cruyff! :D
I can do it

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

cruyff was practically nothing without the rest of his team. namely a supporting attacker named johan neeskens. holland 74 were the best team that ever played, but it wasn't because of cruyff. it was the closest thing to absolute perfect that you'll ever see. as for being "the first modern national team," you've obviously never seen a brasil 70 match. not the best ever, but at the time, no one could stop them.
Hala Galacticos

milanese
Veteran Member

Brazil 1970, or Holland 1974. The two most stylish teams of all time. 8)

lil italy
Veteran Member

this is in the intro wall????

peps1154
Veteran Member

It wasnt in this section, who moved it and why?

lagalaxylover
New User

USA

sccerowna19
New User

2006 USA :D