England v Austria

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Wiseman_philosopher

England v Austria

Post by Wiseman_philosopher »

Did anyone watch the game? Disastrous.
Anyone in their right mind would agree that Beckham never, ever, deserved to be sent off. The first would be given as a foul lyk, 1/100 times, and a booking about 1/500. The second booking was a result of cheating. The guy went down very easily, or even dived. The ref has got it wrong.

Gerrard had one of his better games.

6ft 7 inch Peter Crouch was awful. If your supposedly strongest attribute is in the air, and you rarely win a header, and the crowd ironically cheer when you do win a header, shouldn't you be a bit worried??? He needs to buck up his ideas.

And with Campbell, Gerrard, Beckham, Cole, Neville, all out of the game against Poland, that's nearly half our first-team gone.

Notice how we end up having played five centrebacks throughout the match, Campbell, Carragher, King, Ferdinand, Terry.

Oh well, at least we've qualified. Screwed for the WC eh??
Last edited by Wiseman_philosopher on 09 Oct 2005, 20:34, edited 2 times in total.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.
matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt »

couldnt agree more wiseman. quite interesting that beckham is the ONLY england player to be sent off twice for his country.....and both were dubious decisions.....

for what its worth i would have started ferdinand and campbell, i dont think terry should be the first choice centre-back.

as for the forwards, i cant see how crouch started ahead of bent or defoe. crouch is not international standard, sure he can header occasionally but that is it.

and can someone explain to me how england qualified because holland beat czech republic? i dont understand - they are in different groups.
Last edited by matt on 09 Oct 2005, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.
Wiseman_philosopher

I know! I don't get the system either!
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.
peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 »

Omg I know all about the system so listen

the teams that qualify are the group winners and 2 best second place teams, before saturday england and poland (group6), czech republic and holland(other group) and swedenand croatia (some other group) all had such records that they were in contation for the best 2nd place finish. England beat austria, croatia beat sweden, but the czech lost to holland, so now it is now knowed that the teams qualified will be Poland, England (group 6) and Croatia, Sweden (group something) even if only one will win the group the other will qualify from 2nd without playoffs.

Go POLAND yeah!!!!!!!!!!! England r going down yeah!!!!!!!!! we arent leading the group by accident u know!!!!!!! were gona beat u in ur house (dont want to speak to early but w/e)
mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 »

I've been watching Crouch during this season, and I have decided that he is by far the most overrated player in the EPL. If Liverpool were managed correctly, Crouch would be fighting for a place in the reserve squad. And to think he starts ahead of Cisse.
God damn brewery!!!
gerardinho
Sophomore Member

Post by gerardinho »

OI, have respect. He may not be as good as Cisse, but I think he deserves to play for the current European Champions. I remember when he was fighting for a contract at Aston Villa, he then went to southhampton where he proved he was a good striker. Credit to him for not giving up, Sven saw his quality and gave him a shot at England, then Liverpool saw his quality. This guy is a real professional footballer. I respect him, all becuz of his character, where he came from and where he is now. I think he needs as much time as forlan got at villareal. Nuff respect to Peter Crouch, a true professional.
I kno chicks that blow mor jobs dan bad workers - Incisive
matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt »

a true proffessional for sure...but still useless :)

he scored a few for southampton but that was when they were struggling against relegation, it would have made anyone look good to score for them.

(for what it's worth if i was liverpool's manager i would start morientes and cisse)
Wiseman_philosopher

Cmon people. Does that post Ivan just made have any worth? He is a Class A example of someone who is boosting their posts or whatever.

If you're going to post, make it worthwhile.

Anyhoo, I think Crouch IS overrated. He still hasn't scored for Liverpool yet, and didn't score loads for Southampton. However, Morientes isn't much better than him.
matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt »

well said wiseman. it has now been deleted. anyone who posts such rubbish in future will have their posts deleted.
Wiseman_philosopher

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! MATT!!! THE EVIDENCE HAS BEEN DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:x :x :x :x :x
I LEFT IT FOR ALL TO SEE!!!!!!

now all we have, is at least two witnesses!
matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt »

:oops: oops. sorry! but ther are loads of these scatterd around the site which have been pointed out but left as examples. dont panic!

:oops:
gerardinho
Sophomore Member

Post by gerardinho »

Yeah Cisse and Morientes shud start..but dont say respect peter crouch. Dont forget sinama pongolle too, I watched him in the under 17 championships in trinidad and tobago, he got the golden boot, and le tallec( on loan sunderland) got the silver boot, watch out for them.
I kno chicks that blow mor jobs dan bad workers - Incisive
peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 »

U guys have no idea what ur talking about crouch is a great player, not only is he super tall he also has great footwork, ur just saying he's overrated because his last game wasn't the best, but even if he din't score for liverpool yet if u seen 1 liverpool game u would know what a diffrence he USUALLY makes.
*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* »

a
Last edited by *~El Maestro~* on 10 Oct 2005, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* »

[quote="Wiseman_philosopher"]Cmon people. Does that post Ivan just made have any worth? He is a Class A example of someone who is boosting their posts or whatever.

If you're going to post, make it worthwhile.

Anyhoo, I think Crouch IS overrated. He still hasn't scored for Liverpool yet, and didn't score loads for Southampton. However, Morientes isn't much better than him.[/quote]

nooo way, morientes is way better than crouch cmon. dont forget crouch is still young and needs a lot more experience, whereas morientes is formidable. maybe he isnt playing wit liverpool., but every striker needs a team that fits with his playing style. look at forlans move to valencia. and look how well morientes expressed himself when he was loaned to monaco