World Cup

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

If the World Cup was played now, who would win?

Poll ended at 26 Feb 2005, 04:56

England
14%
France
14%
Brasil
29%
Argentina
No votes
Portugal
No votes
Holland
No votes
Italy
No votes
Germany
No votes
Other
43%

Total votes: 7

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

sure, but they still went in, right? a rocket from 30 meters counts for the same amount as a deflection that rolls past a keeper who's scrambling on the ground. lampard can score from pretty much anywhere in the final quarter of the field. he's going to be great, whether he gets deflections or not
Hala Galacticos

Gunner_d14

Gerrard is still better
-The Beloved One-

J
Admin

i definetely agree, but i have seen some great Lampard goals that have not been deflected at all from long range.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

There is no way Gerrard is better than Lampard. Gerrard missed a vital penalty the other week, and he was benched against Portsmouth. Good players don't get benched. Lampard on the other hand scores when goals are needed and will probably win PFA this year (even though Henry deserves it, just look at his numbers: 25 goals in 31 premiership games, he has taken EPL over)
God damn brewery!!!

Magicfeet

Gerrard was rested because of the Champions League tie with Chelsea coming up. Liverpool have 3 games in 8 days (including that tie), and they need Gerrard fit.

They would have expected to beat Porsmouth without him, or he wouldn't have been on the bench.

Gerrard dropped? You make me laugh.

Gunner_d14

i think he should leave Liverpool...i like them and all but..geez their form is just off...they lose the 'easy' games and beat the tough teams...i don't get it but if he does leave i don't want him to go to Chelsea...i'd rather him to go to Real than Chelsea...and i don't want him to go to Real...
-The Beloved One-

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

gerrard plays well at liverpool, i think he should stay a few more years. eventually he'll need to expand and move to a better team, for his own good, but right now i think he's best at merseyside
Hala Galacticos

oscarj13
New User

Hey i think that if Colombia qualifies they wil have a good chance in winning the world cup because they have a good team....the problem is that they started out wrong but if they make it...their confidence will be through the roof....i have hope

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

cfrealmadrid wrote:gerrard plays well at liverpool, i think he should stay a few more years. eventually he'll need to expand and move to a better team, for his own good, but right now i think he's best at merseyside
It's a matter of time he'll be thinking of expanding his trade in EUROPE on a yearly basis. I pity him playing in UEFA CUP more often than Champions' League. No offence, it's big too. But if him alone to drive the team forward and only to be let down by their inconsistency, he should move on. NOW!!!

In managerial games, I always fight to get him from other AI clubs.

JasperJock
New User

I wouldn't be surprised if Brasil makes it into the World Cup :) . But what is getting to my mind is who will Brasil face for the Cup. So many teams are coming from out of nowhere and surprising us all and giving up so many good games since :D .

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

brasil aren't making it to the final, if that's what you meant. they're the only non european team to ever win the cup in europe, but that was 1958. i'm expecting quarterfinals or semis from them, but i'd honestly be surprised if they won. holland, czech republic, and portugal are the only teams i can really see winning right now. france and england, maybe, but those are about all the real contenders. i guess there could be a euro repeat with a small team winning it, but it's the world cup, so i doubt it.
Hala Galacticos