World Cup

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

If the World Cup was played now, who would win?

Poll ended at 26 Feb 2005, 04:56

England
14%
France
14%
Brasil
29%
Argentina
No votes
Portugal
No votes
Holland
No votes
Italy
No votes
Germany
No votes
Other
43%

Total votes: 7

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

argentina, right now, could beat almost anyone. they're incredible. have you seen that new striker they've got? tevez? he was top scorer at the olympics, which is where i watched him. i'm pretty sure he's at least being considered for the senior national team. he's amazing. saviola and riquelme are great also. their defense is strong, their attack is unstoppable...hmm, i think they actually may beat england. it would be a good game though (as always)

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I agree, and another great team is Mexico.

Serb7
Sophomore Member

what about Serbia & Montenegro

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

serbia are definitely on the way up. with mateja kezman, i think they will qualify for germany 2006. mexico are really good, but seeing as i'm an american, they're my natural enemies (on the pitch at least). that's another thing i was going to say, what do you think of the usa national team right now?

Serb7
Sophomore Member

I think they are going to make at least the semis. But they will probably be in the top 5 in 2010 because how they are getting good young players.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Semis is pushing it. Maybe out of the group phase then it all depends who they get.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i think they'll definitely make it out of group stages, and i think they can beat almost any team right now. they've got a style similar to italy's in the late 70's and early 80's. a lot of counter attacking. i'm not sure about the semi finals, but i'm almost expecting another quarter finals appearance.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Brasil

Maradona
Veteran Member

I hope Argentina performs better. They played crappy stuff in WC 2002 but now they have great starting lineups. I totally agree with cfrealmadrid.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Argentina was giong through a National Crisis during those years of the World Cup i beleive. I think USA will be a very awsome team in the 2020's. I still give it time to develop, and mature as a team.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Argentina is strong, they got a real good shot, if Crespo is on top of his game.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

J
Admin

CRESPO.......LOL.. thank god for AC milan

Maradona
Veteran Member

If Crespo is out they still have J.Saviola ex-barca player or C.Tevez.
They have so many talent, Argentina would survive even if Crespo wasn't there for them.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

rp

FCBarcelona wrote:I disagree. England can not beat Brasil, the only team that can stop Brasil is Greece, defense and counter attack BAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Lampard,gerrard,owen,rooney,a.cole,j.cole,terry ??? Cause they could beat brazil

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Spain is awesome too, England isn't that good.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.