World Cup

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

If the World Cup was played now, who would win?

Poll ended at 26 Feb 2005, 04:56

England
14%
France
14%
Brasil
29%
Argentina
No votes
Portugal
No votes
Holland
No votes
Italy
No votes
Germany
No votes
Other
43%

Total votes: 7

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i guess this is assuming all these teams qualify...

anyway, i pick england, because they're LONG overdue :)

captain_mostafa

i will say brasil. they have the greatest players, and also the best team tell right now. they have an excellent coach. They r just the top when u have the best players.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Where is Greece or Croatia????

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

croatia? they'll have a hard time qualifying, let alone winning. and greece...i don't expect them to make it past the round of 16, if that.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i'm thinking that brasil will make it to at least the semi finals, but i pick england to win because brasil lost rivaldo. i guess ronaldinho is stepping up to take his place, but they need more time to develop. after all, they lost to ecuador not too long ago, and that proved how weak they can potentially be

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

as i'm reading that over, i'm thinking greece are gong to have a hard time qualifying too. they're in the (in my opinion) hardest group in qualifying. i think ukraine and turkey will make it out, and greece won't qualify.

and as for group 8 (croatia's group), i don't know. i think it's a toss up between croatia, sweden, and bulgaria. hungary could put up a surprise too.

rivaldo was too old he lost what he had just like baggio
he was very good a few years back but defintely lost it

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Croatia is good (my country) Ivan Klasnic and Dado Prso are amazing and their defense is awesome, they can beat anyone anytime, ask Germany and France got lucky at Euro 2004, Trezeguet hand ball wasn't seen and it was a goal.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

yes, i agree croatia are very good. but i just don't think they could actually win the cup. i guess there could be a surprise, but that's why i put the "other" choice on the poll. dado prso is amazing though.

madridfc
Veteran Member

cfrealmadrid (good choice of team, by the way)-

do you really think eng. could beat brazil? they didn't even win the euro cup!

don't get me wrong, i really like england, but i just can't see any teams beating brazil.
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I like Argentina, they are strong.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i think it would be a close game, but i do think england would beat brasil. it depends on whether they used the right strategy, but i think they would win. 3-2 maybe.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I disagree. England can not beat Brasil, the only team that can stop Brasil is Greece, defense and counter attack BAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

brasil are by no means a bad team, but i think england would be able to make them do all the work. greece will never beat a south american team. there are plenty of great counter attacking teams, none of which could stand for 10 minutes against brasil. the only way to beat them is to wear them down

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I feel Argentina can beat them.