USA WorldCup here we come ! Commeants Welcome

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* »

dudernahata wrote:the u.s. have a long way to go but they are getting better. of course they arent at the level of braziz or italy or argentina or any other great country but they r getting much better. and guys money doesnt mean much in football, its all about the game and the players. i mean look back to 1998, who expected brazil to lose 3-0 against france, i sure didnt. brazil shouldve had that won easily. and anything can happen so dont doubt the u.s. or any other team
brazil would have won it but check this out.... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer ... ldo_hotel/
dudernahata
New User

Post by dudernahata »

*~El Maestro~* wrote:
dudernahata wrote:the u.s. have a long way to go but they are getting better. of course they arent at the level of braziz or italy or argentina or any other great country but they r getting much better. and guys money doesnt mean much in football, its all about the game and the players. i mean look back to 1998, who expected brazil to lose 3-0 against france, i sure didnt. brazil shouldve had that won easily. and anything can happen so dont doubt the u.s. or any other team
brazil would have won it but check this out.... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer ... ldo_hotel/
yea i knew about his fit but i seriously suspect someone poisoned him or brazil was paid for that to happen. was it that coincidental that he has a fit the night before the final and france wins for the first time in their home country while brazil could hae won their fifth and would have succesfully defended the title
*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* »

i doubt brazil was payed for it. they take a lot of pride in their talent and the fact that they are practically unbeatable. i know that that fit was the first step towards a dark pit for ronaldo. cuz later he had his knee injury and all that. he says that he still cant bend it as well as before and that the doctor told him that his career would be over unless he attempted a very dangerous operation. sad. but i admire the way that he still scores like 25 goals each season
demon_barber1981
New User

U.S.A World Cup Prospects.

Post by demon_barber1981 »

Smoke them a Kipper, they will be back for breakfast.
ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton »

I follow England all over the place and was in Chicago when we played the US back in May. For once, I was fairly sober at a game, probably due to the earlier kick-off.

Anyway, England didn't bring a strong squad but it was a decent game. The US work hard and have some decent players. The one thing they don't have is a true world class player who can turn a game

That said, great players don't always make great teams and hard work can get you a long way. Greece won Euro 2004.

World rankings are a bit of a joke so don't get too excited about being 6th. From what I saw, the US would struggle to qualify from most of the UEFA qualifying groups.

As for the finals, the draw is a huge factor on how far you go. There are some poor sides in the tournament and playing them give you an excellent chance. Once the draw is made on 9th Dec, you'll have a better idea. I just hope England get a better draw than in Japan - Argentina, Sweden and Nigeria in the group and if results had gone to form, it would have been France in the last 16 followed by Brazil in the QF. Germany, on the other hand, barely played a decent side until Brazil in the final (yes, I know they played the US)
Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

U.S V Mexico

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo »

Let's just say that U.S. and Mexico ended up in the same group between the two who do you think would have the most pionts in the group?
you know what I'd say :wink:
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry
peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 »

It depends Mr.SoccerMojo u never know what other teams would be in a group like that, however I must say I feel Mexico is better that's why I will say Mexico would com top of the group.
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid »

mexico is in a huge slump right now. i don't know if you realized how poorly they've been doing lately. they lost to bulgaria not long ago. i believe it was something like 3-0. in houston, which is considered home for them. mexico is not the better team. at best, they're even. it doesn't matter anyway, because the way the drawing works, you don't get two teams from the same continent in the same group, apart from europe. usa might not be great, but they're a fair team. they're nothing like the football giants that "USSoccer" claims them to be, but they're getting up there. i can honestly say that i'm proud of them. it embarasses me to see americans (i'm not assuming you're american here, only that you're not mexican, judging by your reasonably good english, no offense to those who DO speak fluent english) cry about how the team is worse than mexico or whatever. you know what? they already had a little group league. it was called qualifying. and which team came out better on that one? mexico? no, but somehow you think they're the better team. the US can consistently play up to par with the mexicans, so i'm not sure why you underrate them so badly.
Hala Galacticos
peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 »

U got a good point, maybey I do underrate the Us. I know they are a pretty good team, but I wrote Mexico would come out first because of the footballing traditions and sucess. I realize that I shouldn't be basing my opinion on this therefore I will say that I gave the short end of the stick to the US. I apologize.
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid »

i can see where you're coming from, as mexico definitely have the better traditions and history of success. i did overreact a little, but so many people have OVERrated the US lately that now they're being UNDERrated. it makes me upset to see people trying to cover up what they think by tipping the scales the wrong way, andwrongly rating a team. as far as historical success though, mexico definitely come out on top.
Hala Galacticos