2018/2022 World Cup Decision

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
soccer11
Admin

2018/2022 World Cup Decision

Post by soccer11 » 01 Dec 2010, 17:23

The decision for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups are coming up, so basically, who should get it and why?

ratherton
Veteran Member

Re: 2018/2022 World Cup Decision

Post by ratherton » 01 Dec 2010, 18:03

soccer11 wrote:The decision for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups are coming up, so basically, who should get it and why?
England - best bid by a mile
Russia - racist violent fans, not enough hotels, visa problems, transport nightmare
Spain / Portugal - 2 soon to be bankrupt countries
Holland / Belgium - Nothing exciting ever happens in Belgium and this will continue.

Qatar - Its a desert. Absolutely ridiculous
USA - Would be good although hosting it relatively recently may work against them
Australia - They would also do a good job
Japan - Held it in 2002 so can't see it again
South Korea - As Japan

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 01 Dec 2010, 18:19

I agree. Russia are odds on favourites to get it, but for supporters every aspect for of the prospect of going to Russia would be a nighmare.

Common sense says it has to go to England. Due to its facitlities and the small size of the country with good transport links its probably the best suited country in the whole world to hold a world cup.

I'm all for England getting it, just as long as they promise to expect to win and do the usual :P

I've not heard as much about 2022 but I would imagine Australia look pretty strong.

But obviously its Fifa were talking about... so get the camels ready for Quatar 2022

Korea 2022 may be difficult as it may well be a smoldering crater by then..

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 01 Dec 2010, 19:11

ScottyBoy wrote:I agree. Russia are odds on favourites to get it, but for supporters every aspect for of the prospect of going to Russia would be a nighmare.

Common sense says it has to go to England. Due to its facitlities and the small size of the country with good transport links its probably the best suited country in the whole world to hold a world cup.

I'm all for England getting it, just as long as they promise to expect to win and do the usual :P

I've not heard as much about 2022 but I would imagine Australia look pretty strong.

But obviously its Fifa were talking about... so get the camels ready for Quatar 2022

Korea 2022 may be difficult as it may well be a smoldering crater by then..
At least if it's in Qatar we won't have to worry about Decepticon attacks, they already happened.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 01 Dec 2010, 22:47

Doesn't matter we will all be dead.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 01 Dec 2010, 22:54

We might as well give it to China. They will be the overlords by then. Get in their good books early.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 01 Dec 2010, 23:00

I'm keen for England and Australia respectively. Means I'll definitely be going :D
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 02 Dec 2010, 04:57

For 2018 I'd like to see it in England. It's about time it goes back there.

For 2022 the safe option is the USA. Not much would have to be built really and we have massive stadiums. We could probably break our record of highest attendance. Still probably won't come here though. Oddsmakers have us in 3rd place.
I'd like to see it in Australia. They did a good job with the 2000 Olympics and I don't believe much needs to be built.

I was looking at Qatar's bid and they have to build 7 from from the ground up and the others need to be expanded. Luckily they'd have a lot of time.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 02 Dec 2010, 05:23

We should have an EF countdown ticker to decision time...*cough cough* admins???? :wink:
Click it

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 02 Dec 2010, 05:53

soccer11 wrote:For 2018 I'd like to see it in England. It's about time it goes back there.

For 2022 the safe option is the USA. Not much would have to be built really and we have massive stadiums. We could probably break our record of highest attendance. Still probably won't come here though. Oddsmakers have us in 3rd place.
I'd like to see it in Australia. They did a good job with the 2000 Olympics and I don't believe much needs to be built.

I was looking at Qatar's bid and they have to build 7 from from the ground up and the others need to be expanded. Luckily they'd have a lot of time.
And a hell of a lot of money ;)
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 02 Dec 2010, 11:20

Im hoping for Australia to get 2022 obviously :D
I doubt Qatar will get it. Its sweltering June/July, the heat might be too much especially for some of the European players from colder countries and it'll melt the oil out of Ronaldos hair for sure
Sig by me

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 02 Dec 2010, 15:52

I knew it was going to be Qatar for 2022. With Fifa in charge, it just had to be.

I think Russia will put on a good show, but I still would have liked to have seen it go to England.
2 surprising (or unsurprising if you know the way FIFA works) decisions. Let the backlash begin.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 02 Dec 2010, 15:54

The 2018 World Cup will be hosted by Russia. they will be building 13 new stadiums all over this vast country.

Apparently England were knocked out in the first round of voting. Not a big surprise.... If you expose corruption and prove committee members taking bribes they arnt going to vote for you. The people allowed to vote and the reasons why they vote are simply wrong.

The 2022 tournament will then be hosted by Quatar. This bid is more of a stunt to showcase this regions economic wealth rather than to spread football culture in that region. They will build nine new stadiums for their tournament and then tear them down after the tournament. Thats says alot about the legacy their tournament will leave behind in their country.

With the 2010 World Cup held in Africa, 2014 in Brazil, 2018 in Russia and 2022 in Quatar i feel sorry for the supporters. All of these places are not the most accessible and are very expensive to fly to for the majority of people in the world.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 02 Dec 2010, 17:53

ScottyBoy wrote:The 2018 World Cup will be hosted by Russia. they will be building 13 new stadiums all over this vast country.

Apparently England were knocked out in the first round of voting. Not a big surprise.... If you expose corruption and prove committee members taking bribes they arnt going to vote for you. The people allowed to vote and the reasons why they vote are simply wrong.

The 2022 tournament will then be hosted by Quatar. This bid is more of a stunt to showcase this regions economic wealth rather than to spread football culture in that region. They will build nine new stadiums for their tournament and then tear them down after the tournament. Thats says alot about the legacy their tournament will leave behind in their country.

With the 2010 World Cup held in Africa, 2014 in Brazil, 2018 in Russia and 2022 in Quatar i feel sorry for the supporters. All of these places are not the most accessible and are very expensive to fly to for the majority of people in the world.
+1

I agree they couldn't have picked any worse of a nightmarish place to travel to. Now not to stir any flame or kick hornets nests, but Qatar isn't exactly the safest of locations either. I know one can probably argue 2010 SA was also in an unsafe area, but it wasn't located near Iran (don't hate me) which doesn't exactly have that much respect for Western Culture. Not to mention terror cells that exist in Saudi Arabia. Now, obviously if it were in England or USA, you wouldn't be safe from terror either, I'm just saying, the vicinity to unstable regions is a bit unsettling. The Army base in Qatar is probably going to be on high alert the entire tournament.

And again, not to stir a hornets nest here, but God knows if Iran will even stay stable enough. With that wacko in power there if, God forbids, a war breaks out with Iran and the West, then the tournament will be in jeopardy. That's just my little rant about the decision.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 02 Dec 2010, 18:22

I am so fu**ing angry with the voting, its beyond belief.

However, I think the USA and Australia have even more cause to be upset than England.

Qatar nearly won the vote in the first round !!!!! Its a joke that a major tournament will be held in what is not much more than a sandpit. Less than a month ago, FIFA rated Qatar as "High Risk".

As for England, getting 2 of the 22 votes for that brilliant bid just shows FIFA will NEVER give us anything ever. At least 2018 has gone to one of the better venues, not the worst one.

We should stop playing friendly matches in places like Trinidad and Thailand. There is absolutely no point. We should also stop sending money overseas to develop football. If FIFA love developing football round the world so much, let them fu**ing pay for it - c**ts.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....