WC Final

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Zlatan5
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:I understand you're point,

however world cup's, finals particularly have many different factors influencing them. One major one been luck. Often the best team does not win, that's the point I was getting at.

Anyone see Torres die at the last minute? Could be a season ender.
Just cause you hurt your hammy doesn't mean season ender.

klc123
Veteran Member

You're sniper changed target.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:You're sniper changed target.
He was having a great day of target practice.

Pichichi

Horrible final. Iniesta is disgusting. His diving and Webb's performance makes me sick

klc123
Veteran Member

I heard he has been practising for months, most publicly against Portugal where he gunned down Capdevilla from 2k.

Yeah, if i wasn't a barcelona fan I would wank in his face to be honest. But all of the Spainish team are divers so there is no point in singling him out.
Last edited by klc123 on 11 Jul 2010, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Wonderful final, Iniesta is a god of football, and inspite of webb missing a few things he did pretty well. nigel's cleat to xabi's cesc is a good example. he played 90 minutes for free
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:Wonderful final, Iniesta is a god of football, and inspite of webb missing a few things he did pretty well. nigel's cleat to xabi's cesc is a good example. he played 90 minutes for free
His boot to the chest was a great example of what to do in emergencies.

Pichichi

panchester07 wrote:Wonderful final, Iniesta is a god of football, and inspite of webb missing a few things he did pretty well. nigel's cleat to xabi's cesc is a good example. he played 90 minutes for free
god of diving. No respect for the game, spanish players have little respect for sportsmanship, deceiving the ref and hounding him for decisions is a terrible example for kids and people new to the game. Not to mention disrespectful to the game

klc123
Veteran Member

It was almost as if he heard someone say "daniel-son" and had the impulse to do a flying karate kick on the nearest person.

I laughed when Iniesta lashed out off the ball and didn't get anything, and then minutes later robben was offside and tapped the ball into the goal, and Iniesta went mental accusing Robben of kicking the ball away saying he should be sent off :lol:

Wanderer
Veteran Member

To be fair the only reason the spanish(i.e. Iniesta) went to ground is coz they was brought to ground. The dutch didnt set out to play football, just to destroy and disrupt Spains play, basically foul Spain so they cant keep possesion.

Holland was lucky Webb decided to let the game be eleven vs eleven still after De Jongs kung fu kick. The only thing the Spanish were guilty was of wanting cards tho, they didnt try to kick their opponents into submission.

klc123
Veteran Member

What game did you watch?

I say many disgusting tackles and unfair play, as well as a ridiculous number of dives and attempts to deceive the referee. Many new additions to the collection... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ZY9sJe0rY

Did you not see Puyol rape Robben, and then Robben stayed on his feet and lost the chance because of it? Should have been straight red and a freekick outside the box.

Tackle of the game has to be Van Bommels killer :lol:

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Robben lost the chance because Casillas got his body around the ball when Robben tried to round him, not coz of Puyols tackle. He was fully balanced when trying to round Casillas.

But yeah if he had gone down it would have been free kick and potential red card, but then again, if he had gone down, he wouldnt have the one on one chance, so its just a what if thing.

panchester07
Veteran Member

yeah the ref let the play continue... so either you get the foul, or you get the chance to score. but its not like you miss the goal and then ask for the foul.... saint iker beat robben both times
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

mustahfa14

Holland went for blood. They were the disgrace to the game, not spain. Robben dived more against brazil than spain has the entire tournament. And puyol didnt get sent off, nor did robben get a pk, because robben stayed on his feet. So clearly puyol didnt do enough to bring robben down. Robbens fault.

then iniesta dived once that game, and that was the one on the left wing. When he pushed van bommel, van bommel deserved it. Did you see what he did to iniesta? he practicaly two footed iniesta in his ankle/foot. Now thats a disgrace to football. not spain. De jong is a fu**ing tool. How he didnt get a red....i dont know. ridiculous.

Spain was the better side. They came to play football, and the dutch came to play piss and whine and lets make this a rugby match. They pissed me off the way they played. I liked the dutch too, but now i cant stand them. Unreal

iniesta was absolutely amazing that game. some of the passes/plays he made were brilliant. my fav player at the moment.

So glad the best team won

shahensha
Veteran Member

Completely agree mustahfa. This Spanish team deserved this victory. They played a more refined version of Total football. The dutch were merely a shadow of the brilliant 08 side. They simply relied on physical defending and speedy counters throughout this WC.

The Dutch were simply hacking legs and getting too intense with their fouls. As for robbens case, he got too cocky thinking he could outdribble anyone and tried to get past Casillas and failed. Puyol had nothing on him.

Also the RVP got the first yellow of the game. He complained he got the ball but he really just dove in with two feet.

Also Van Bommel thought this was a Taekwondo game, which was just hilarious.