WC Final

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3851
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

Don't sneijder and robben dive and flop? don't the dtuch kick, karate kick, elbow, hold and pull? every player does what they can to have a little advantage... from zidaneee to messi.. everybody does it now a days. get over it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GxlTC73IfU
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

I agree, they should take the first and second place winnings and give them to the Germans and Uruguaian(?). If you're happy because Spain won thats cool, but I couldn't imagine being happy with how they won today. I wanted the dutch to win but I wouldn't of been satisfied if they did. Both teams were horrid.

Robben has been a diver in the past, but not really anymore. What he does a lot now is forces defenders to foul him, and he's paid a physical price for it. What I was pointing out was him and Iniesta were in a similar position where they were near the box, a defender touched them with their arms (I say that because Iniesta got a touch on the shoulder while Robben got a bear hug), Robben stayed up, Iniesta apparently stepped on a land mine.

I personally think the game would have been far better with better reffing. He called too much so players knew they could get players in trouble easy. He also let players effect his decisions on things he didn't see which a good offical shouldn't do. Those statements go both ways.

I'll only remember one game from this WC, the 3rd place game.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3851
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post

I never said the dutch don't dive, in some cases they're even worse.

Iniesta dived twice actually, there was the one to get the red card and then there was one about 5 minutes later near the 20 yard box on the technical area side where he literally just fell over with no contact. Absolutely despicable.

Maybe Webb could have been a bit more lenient, especially earlier on but it was still pretty ridiculous how much fouling went on in that game...

Why did you just post the same video twice?

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3851
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

Webb was to soft with the dutch. they should have finished the 90 minutes with 2 less players

and hugh, brown, nobody cares about your emoness and negativity. Spain is champion of the world for the first time.... woooooooo.... !!! take this word for word and digestt it.. N-O-B-O-D-Y C-A-R-E-S--- for real and normal fans, this was a great tournament, if you wanna look at the down side, then go aheadd, for the normal good real fans, this was a great world cup, and we are sad its over..
Last edited by panchester07 on 12 Jul 2010, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.

Pichichi
Senior Member
Posts: 280
Joined: 28 Apr 2009, 23:54

Post

Iniesta could have had two yellows for diving too, Puyol for trying to take down Robben. I mean you're just not looking at both sides

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3851
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

not so clear as dejong's karate kick and van bommels repetetive fouls. slide tacklesss clearlyyy at the players and not at the ball..

9 yellow's for netherland and 1 red... vs 5 yellow's for spain pretty much sums up who where the dirtyest this match.

there was also a CLEAR penalty on xavi ..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Zlatan5
Veteran Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 05:41

Post

shahensha wrote: "So" whining wont change the outcome of the WC
First, fu**face...I wasn't whining. Second, I was voicing an opinion, don't try to put an argument in to change it, any of you. I never said Spain didn't deserve anything either. And I agree, the Netherlands' game plan didn't work as they planned it.

Hugh
Veteran Member
Posts: 2863
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 20:26
Location: Vancouver

Post

panchester07 wrote:Webb was to soft with the dutch. they should have finished the 90 minutes with 2 less players

and hugh, brown, nobody cares about your emoness and negativity. Spain is champion of the world for the first time.... woooooooo.... !!! take this word for word and digestt it.. N-O-B-O-D-Y C-A-R-E-S--- for real and normal fans, this was a great tournament, if you wanna look at the down side, then go aheadd, for the normal good real fans, this was a great world cup, and we are sad its over..
This was a great tournament up to the final, not to put words in anyone's mouth but in brown's last post he seemed to be of the same opinion.

I'm happy that spain won, they were the better team and they play better football and I'm glad that a team that has never won before can now put a star on their shirts for the next world cup but I can't abide cheating in the beautiful game.

I wish I could have read your post before it was edited since I imagine you might have had stronger words for me that implying that I'm not a "normal good real fan", but here's the thing, I don't care what you say about my 'emoness' because I have this on record:
panchester07 wrote:the defense is shaky, you guys whre always right

Pichichi
Senior Member
Posts: 280
Joined: 28 Apr 2009, 23:54

Post

panchester07 wrote:not so clear as dejong's karate kick and van bommels repetetive fouls. slide tacklesss clearlyyy at the players and not at the ball..

9 yellow's for netherland and 1 red... vs 5 yellow's for spain pretty much sums up who where the dirtyest this match.

there was also a CLEAR penalty on xavi ..
Some of those yellows weren't exactly yellows. It's not about who's the dirtiest either. The way I see it fouling is part of the game, falling over like you were shot or feeling some wind and falling over is just plain wrong. If you think the dutch were out for blood then you are clearly no football player. No teams go out and slide tackle or be reckless for the hell of it or to injure players. They go to get the ball and not let the other team have breathing space. The game's changing, but it's breeding this sort of belief that any contact is bad contact. Maybe we should just ban anyone who miss-times a slide tackle, yea that sounds reasonable, after all it was clearly a terrible tackle. For fu**s sake..

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

Zlatan5 wrote:
shahensha wrote: "So" whining wont change the outcome of the WC
First, fu**face...I wasn't whining. Second, I was voicing an opinion, don't try to put an argument in to change it, any of you. I never said Spain didn't deserve anything either. And I agree, the Netherlands' game plan didn't work as they planned it.
First of all, I never mentioned anything about you saying spain didnt deserve the victory.

Secondly, you reiterating the same point came off as a whiny complaint.

I say with no bias that Iniesta was the only shining light of the "brilliant" (read: under-achieving) spanish team throughout the WC. Xavi was average, Torres was crap and Villa was not even close to his actual quality.

Instead of being acknowledged for that, he is getting hounded for the one game where he flops about.

His dive didnt even decide the game so its not like what grosso did for Italy four years ago. Its not like the dutch were barely touching him and focusing on the ball throughout the game either. If its a "principle" thing then in that case almost every player is a disgrace.

He was constantly probing and looked threatening throughout the WC. Cheat/diver/bitch are a harsh choice of words for a man who had a man of the match performance in the final. Cuss him out as much as you like but it wont change the fact that he deservedly won the WC for his nation with a legit and quality finish.

lastly, I can easily cuss you out too but lets be grown men here...aight?

Zlatan5
Veteran Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 05:41

Post

Didn't know their were guidelines for whining. Sounds more like an assumption.

Pichichi
Senior Member
Posts: 280
Joined: 28 Apr 2009, 23:54

Post

Shahensha, one might argue that had Heitinga not been sent off for two questionable yellows the dutch might not have conceded. Saying the diving didn't decide the game, maybe, but it affected it massively.

Not to mention this "one game" happens to be the world cup final...

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

Zlatan5 wrote:Didn't know their were guidelines for whining. Sounds more like an assumption.
I said "came off", I didnt use the definite word "was" as if I am working with an actual guideline for whining.

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

Hugh wrote:
panchester07 wrote:Webb was to soft with the dutch. they should have finished the 90 minutes with 2 less players

and hugh, brown, nobody cares about your emoness and negativity. Spain is champion of the world for the first time.... woooooooo.... !!! take this word for word and digestt it.. N-O-B-O-D-Y C-A-R-E-S--- for real and normal fans, this was a great tournament, if you wanna look at the down side, then go aheadd, for the normal good real fans, this was a great world cup, and we are sad its over..
This was a great tournament up to the final, not to put words in anyone's mouth but in brown's last post he seemed to be of the same opinion.
pan- This would be correct. I know I should make my post more clear at times since people without English as their first language can sometimes take things literal. What I said about the the Germany vs Uraguay game wasn't a jab at the whole WC, I was basically saying that is the way a final should be played.

I think you think I'm defending the dutch more than I am as well. The dutch got the worse of it (since they lost) and I have stated I was thinking they would win so that is an understandable conclusion. That said look at some of the post I've made about teams I actually care about, I won't talk about a game being crap just because the team I wanted to win didn't. Don't believe me? See what I posted when the only team I really care about in the WC was knocked out:
USA deserved the loss. The "never give up" spirt only goes so far, at some point we'll have to make it longer than 15 minutes before conceding a goal. I hope the US starts rebuilding instantly. Out with any player that won't be realistic for the next WC. That includes Bocanegra, DeMerit, and others for sure. I think Landon and Dempsey should stick around but if they start slacking they should be dumped. Sounds harsh but winning friendlies with players who won't be in the next WC is a waste of time. Out with the old in with the new.
They lost, I was pissed, but there wasn't anything to complain about other than the USA's quality.

With this final it's not the team that won that has me pissed, it wasthe quality of the game on all fronts.


Also your jabs really do get annoying, I usually ignore them but truthfully it just makes you look like a douche to everyone.

Post Reply