WC Final

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Final say on the subject for me. I lost a lot of respect for Iniesta over the past year. Not only for his theatrics and bitching, but poor poor sportsmanship. I forgot who they were playing but a player was injured and the other team was going to kick it back out of their attacking half near the 18, and Iniesta tried to block it. Have some decency, please.

nick117
Veteran Member

i absolutely love spain bandwagon followers inesta dropped to the ground every single time someone looked at him wrong plus that elbow or whatever you would call that when he lashed out at one of netherlands players. Robben really should have put the game away he easily could have chipped casillas when he was 1v1. Web's worst game ever especially since that "goal kick" that was supposed to be a corner really did make a difference the play that spain scored on would not have happened had it been a corner.

Evan
Veteran Member

i absolutely love spain bandwagon followers inesta dropped to the ground every single time someone looked at him wrong plus that elbow or whatever you would call that when he lashed out at one of netherlands players. Robben really should have put the game away he easily could have chipped casillas when he was 1v1. Web's worst game ever especially since that "goal kick" that was supposed to be a corner really did make a difference the play that spain scored on would not have happened had it been a corner.
Hahaha. Spain deserved the victory, Netherlands didn't. Iniesta is a great player, stop whining about him. Yes, he did some unsportsmanlike things but there are many professionals who do the same nowadays. Get over it. :wink:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

nick117
Veteran Member

Evan wrote:
Hahaha. Spain deserved the victory, Netherlands didn't. Iniesta is a great player, stop whining about him. Yes, he did some unsportsmanlike things but there are many professionals who do the same nowadays. Get over it. :wink:
spain didn't deserve anything had everything been right it would have gone to penalties. and no at this point inesta is a diving cheat who happens to be favored by howard web.

Evan
Veteran Member

nick117 wrote:spain didn't deserve anything had everything been right it would have gone to penalties. and no at this point inesta is a diving cheat who happens to be favored by howard web.
Well, look, Spain won. Whether you feel they deserved it or not doesn't matter, and whining about it on a forum isn't going to change anything. :lol:

The best team in the world won the World Cup, deservedly. Van Bommel played a more dirty game than Iniesta ever will.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Evan wrote:
nick117 wrote:spain didn't deserve anything had everything been right it would have gone to penalties. and no at this point inesta is a diving cheat who happens to be favored by howard web.
Well, look, Spain won. Whether you feel they deserved it or not doesn't matter, and whining about it on a forum isn't going to change anything. :lol:

The best team in the world won the World Cup, deservedly. Van Bommel played a more dirty game than Iniesta ever will.
Agree 100%. Iniesta's one or two dives do not stand equal to the number of times he was hacked down by the Dutch. Besides he dedicated his goal to Dani Jarque, the ex captain of the rival espanyol team, who died last august. Say whatever you want about Don Andres, but he is a noble fellow with world class technique and nothing will change that.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:
Besides he dedicated his goal to Dani Jarque, the ex captain of the rival espanyol team, who died last august. Say whatever you want about Don Andres, but he is a noble fellow with world class technique and nothing will change that.
So?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I didn't think Webb had a bad game. He did a great job. That phantom goal kick was wrong, but certainly not his fault alone. What was the linesman doing? Didn't make much of a difference anyway, since the Dutch got it straight back.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Zlatan5 wrote:
shahensha wrote:
Besides he dedicated his goal to Dani Jarque, the ex captain of the rival espanyol team, who died last august. Say whatever you want about Don Andres, but he is a noble fellow with world class technique and nothing will change that.
So?
So? way to delete the most important part of the post there but good question.......so how did you lose a lot of respect for iniesta over the past year considering he was injured for majority of the time period?

The only time i saw him do that unsportsmanlike conduct was against cronaldo in El Clasico and this time it was because the dutch couldnt get the ball from him so they kept hacking his legs. As for the other game if he had tried to block the ball when the team was in their defending half near their own 18 yard box......then that would qualify as a dick move....but no he was just being sure that the team doesnt pull off a dirty trick and score on spain.....trust me, anyone would prefer looking like a douche instead of a dumbass...

Did you see Sneijder cleating Busquets' thigh and then acting as if he got the worst of it? Or do you know that there is an internet meme going around about robben's armadillo dive against Brazil? I am sure they wouldnt be considered as divers or cheats.

If Netherlands won, people would be whining the same damn way. Oh they dive. they cheat. nothing is black and white in football, sometimes people get away with dives, handballs and offsides.........this one didnt have a dive that decided the goal so I dont see the huge problem

Also for everyone complaining about him scoring a goal off a play that should not have been allowed........watch it again and you will see that the attack started with a brilliant turn from Jesus at the right wing of his own half between two dutch players. If the dutch had gotten a foot on that or recovered it, they could have continued hacking legs on the way to the penalties. Its not like the attack started from Casillas' kick.

"So" whining wont change the outcome of the WC

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I was just happy to see two teams in the final that had never won a World Cup before. I think it makes the game more exciting, but that is just my opinion.

By the way, nice finish from Iniesta.

mustahfa14

Shanshea nailed it on the head.

You lost respect for iniesta? You must have no respect for any player then. Robben dives more than the chinese olympic diving team, and wheres your "no respect" for him? what about ronaldo. THere are so many players that whine and dive, yet you have it out for iniesta when he does it. He is quiet the entire game, every game. This was the world cup, and the game was getting out of hand with the dutch the way they were playing. Iniesta merely was reacting to it. ITs the WC final for pete sake. everyone's emotions were high.

Now nick, you are complaining about all these spain bandwagon jumpers, but what about the german bandwagon jumpers? hahah you are something else.

spain deserved to win, they came to play soccer. I dont know what the dutch came to do, the way they played.

It disappointed me really. I know the dutch are a good side, but today they under achieved, and played the physical game to much.

And if you look at all the chances from each team, and if they would have scored on each one, spain would have won anyway.

You can complain about spain's bitching, but they had a right too. Its the WC final, de jong fu**ing spiked xabi in the neck, iniesta was getting two footed by van bommel, it was just endless.

good football prevails, like it should

panchester07
Veteran Member

Shahensa, and Mustafah...... nothing else.... only that. Thank You Very Much.

Spain is fair champion, you like it or not.

And I don't like to complain too much, but on another note, Netherlands is far from playing total football and from playing "total football". Mathijsen, Dejong, Heitinga, Van Bommel, and a few others are a bunch of lumberjacks. They tried to stop Spain one kickkk at a time. Sneijder and Robben, spent half of the game crying and complaining at the ref. This Holland, took a step back, far from bieng the great Holland of Cruyff, of Gullit, of Van Basten.. This netherlands played ugly, dirty, disgusting football imoo.... Apart from periodss of attacking, in which they should their personality, this Netherlands was disgracefull.. kicking, fouling, karate kicks, wankingggg, crying... Thats not total football, thats not the mechanical orange, thats something else...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

both teams were disgraceful. First half was a waste. Second half and extra time were pretty exciting imo as things started to open up.

Even though I was rooting for the netherlands, i'm glad a team won in Extra time rather than going to PK's
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Hugh
Veteran Member

Good football definitely does prevail.

Apparently the dutch team watched the entire Godfather series as a psych up before this match because they came out of the gate looking like they planned on murdering the spainish players. Absolute trash gameplay from the dutch and I'm happy that they lost because of that.

Puyol should have gotten a 2nd yellow card, no doubt in my mind and Robben can feel very hard done by.

I have lost all respect for Iniesta, I don't care that he has a good first touch or dribbling skills since lots of players have that but he showed today that he is a petty man who is willing to cheat to win.

Bitch me out if you want but you know my position on diving by now and I am implacable in my wrath against Iniesta for that despicable display of flopping. Unacceptable from any player no matter the level.

Pichichi

Spain are the biggest collection of pussies I've seen this world cup. 5 rough tackles, give or take a few, from the dutch and the rest was an audition for a movie. Some of you give them way too much credit and a few of you are the most biased posters ever. Terrible game, if there wasn't so much diving and fouls this game there wouldn't be anything to talk about because there was not much quality to the play at all. Germany vs Uruguay was 100x more entertaining