WC Final

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
panchester07
Veteran Member

freaking lumberjacks....... couldn't stop em, with football, or with foulsss !!!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Met

Man, that silver medal/ runner's up medal must feel like the most worthless sh*t you can ever get. Worst thing is that most of these players won't have a chance to correct this.

Grats on Spain. Cheeky monkeys already got shirts with a star upon them.

Look at Torres, couldn't see out the last few minutes but can walk up the steps to collect winners medal. :P

nick117
Veteran Member

dislike this. Netherlands should of atleast gotten the chance for penalties terrible absolutely abismal ref today the play they scored on should have been a corner robben getting pulled by puyol should have been the first red (karate kick aside). fantastic goal keeping by both sides though it was deffinitally a joy to watch.

soccer11
Admin

panchester07 wrote:i'd say webb did pretty well....
I thought Webb was good in the first half. all the cards were deserved. In the second half he started giving out cards for less.
Well played from Spain. they did what they had to do and came through in the end. Overall, a pretty exciting game. Spain were the best team over the last 2 years so rightly deserved.
Also, since when does Iniesta dive?

nick117
Veteran Member

since now i guess iniesta hit that ground 5+ times from dives today although i might have if i was getting fouled as much as he was. Poor robben he has to live with that save casillas made forever. I still wonder if that would have happened had the corner been called and not a goal kick.

soccer11
Admin

Robben had 2 golden opportunities to put this game away but didn't capitalize. He doesn't have anyone to blame but himself.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Anyone see that sniper taking shots at Iniesta?

Jokes aside, I really didn't want to pick for this one. Being half spanish, but a dutch fan, I was split. I wore my dutch Babel jersey, but I would be happy either way, but not if Iniesta or Busquetes scored, hate em both personally. But congrats to Spain. But seriously, anyone see the sniper shooting Iniesta?

Wanderer
Veteran Member

When you have good close control you're bound to get falled. Holland didnt even turn up to play, just to kick lumps out of the spanish players. De Jong was lucky he didnt get sent off for that kung fu kick.

Spain fully deserved win. Great passing, great close control, just lack of finishing prevented them from scoring more. Great victory for football.

klc123
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:
I thought Webb was good in the first half. all the cards were deserved. In the second half he started giving out cards for less.
Well played from Spain. they did what they had to do and came through in the end. Overall, a pretty exciting game. Spain were the best team over the last 2 years so rightly deserved.
Webb done a brilliant job, the players put him in a difficult position by playing like animals to be honest.

And you can't say Spain deserved to win because they were the best team over the last 2 years. I agree with you, they deserved to win because they were the best team on the day, but to say that over the last to years they were the best, is completely wrong. That would be like saying Brazil have been the best nation over the history of the world cup so they deserve to win it every time, it doesn't work like that.

Only major mistake made by the referee was that freekick that should have been a corner, but it made no difference to the game really, holland never looked like scoring from set pieces.

Robben should have scored, twice. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Well played Spain and congratulations for winning, albeit one of the worst world cup finals in history due to unsportsmanlike behaviour on both sides.

EDIT:

Well done wanderer for managing to consistently pick one side of the story. Spain also kicked lumps out of the Dutch, so don't go playing that card. I agree Spain deserved to win, but to say the Dutch played dirty and that Spain were "the angels of football" is complete horse sh*t. Besides, Spain dived as well as kicked the sh*t out of each other.
Last edited by klc123 on 11 Jul 2010, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Spain had so many clear chances in the last 30. Both had clear sitters, but Spain had like 2-3 more than Netherlands, and if you play numbers your bound to score with so many 1 v 1's-

8 yellow's for netherlands. they were clearly the dirtyer team, no doubt about it.
Last edited by panchester07 on 11 Jul 2010, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:Spain had so many clear chances in the second half
Yeah and Robben had BEYOND clear chances. Woulda thought someone with his quality woulda pooped it over Iker, not taking away anything from the Saint. Just saying, I expect more from Rob.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Cesc had 1, Andres had one in which he forgot to shoot, Villa had one which he tried to place it.

Sergio Ramosss is a ebast..... he's my hero, from minute 1 to 130 puree warrior-ness.. but he's a fine warrior, its not like gattuso heavy touch, he's likee golden touch, sweet dribbling and a warrior.. Really, really good player.

Iniesta had a message for Dani Jarque, who died last year of a heart attack.
And Ramos had a message for Antonio Puerta, who died in the middle of a game from a heart attack.....

both where players of the national team
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin

klc123 wrote: And you can't say Spain deserved to win because they were the best team over the last 2 years. I agree with you, they deserved to win because they were the best team on the day, but to say that over the last to years they were the best, is completely wrong. That would be like saying Brazil have been the best nation over the history of the world cup so they deserve to win it every time, it doesn't work like that.
haha no see, that would be completely different then. All-time versus the last 2 years is different.
What I meant was Spain was the best team the last 2 years (that can't really be debated I feel). They have worked up to this point by being as consistent as anyone in recent memory.
Rarely do you see a team dominate for 2 years and then come to the world cup and take care of business.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
Webb done a brilliant job, the players put him in a difficult position by playing like animals to be honest.

And you can't say Spain deserved to win because they were the best team over the last 2 years. I agree with you, they deserved to win because they were the best team on the day, but to say that over the last to years they were the best, is completely wrong. That would be like saying Brazil have been the best nation over the history of the world cup so they deserve to win it every time, it doesn't work like that.

Only major mistake made by the referee was that freekick that should have been a corner, but it made no difference to the game really, holland never looked like scoring from set pieces.

Robben should have scored, twice. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Well played Spain and congratulations for winning, albeit one of the worst world cup finals in history due to unsportsmanlike behaviour on both sides.

EDIT:

Well done wanderer for managing to consistently pick one side of the story. Spain also kicked lumps out of the Dutch, so don't go playing that card. I agree Spain deserved to win, but to say the Dutch played dirty and that Spain were "the angels of football" is complete horse sh*t. Besides, Spain dived as well as kicked the sh*t out of each other.
Do you really have to start an argument everytime? Even after a spectacle like the world cup final? I never mentioned they were angels of football. What I was indicating was that possesion football, playing simple and penetrative, keeping the ball and playing inteligently, that type of play, triumphed over Hollands defend and counterattack, and rough the opponent up type of play

And like I said, when you have good close control, youre bound to get falled. Spain players have good close control. Maybe there were dives, like Busquets, didnt notice much tho.

klc123
Veteran Member

I understand you're point,

however world cup's, finals particularly have many different factors influencing them. One major one been luck. Often the best team does not win, that's the point I was getting at.

Anyone see Torres die at the last minute? Could be a season ender.